Matchmaking problem

Really? That’s too bad. I prefer to view it as an hour and half of playing a video game I enjoy with relatively pleasing aesthetics. I just enjoy playing MOBA and I enjoy the mechanics of VG. Elo ain’t everything!

I’ve certainly vented my own frustrations here, particularly with season resets and the quality of matches the first month of each season. With that said, I’ve never viewed playing this as a waste of time.

2 Likes

Waiting to play is a waste of time tho, atleast in higher tiers we spend more time queueing vs playing. This is not just my observation, talked with enough people (outside the forum threads/discussions) to know it’s a problem for all, atleast in EU.

1 Like

Thats what made me play less and less. Wasting 1h to maybe get to play one usually mediocre match is a good way to waste time.

4 Likes

Well going capt in solo means that at minimum you can save your teamates who make bad plays and that can turn the tides in some cases.

There is no way a roam can compensate the lack of skill of the carries. In soloQ better go carry / mage so you can have impact by your own and don’t rely on your allies as much as a roam would do

2 Likes

I agree with you and @Guest_78 that waiting is a waste of time. This is where improvements in the UI are so desperately needed. Give us something to read, open, explore, etc while in queue!

My opinion is that when I’m actually playing the game, I’m enjoying it.

1 Like

ML for example and AOV, got so much to do ingame… and it’s funny as there the que time is so low (ML like 5 seconds, AOV 30-45 seconds). But they give you all, options to be involved and in the app while you chill from intense game. Sadly VG got none of that… now even stats outside of the app and really - if you want to play, you should play and not read, etc.

Dude why you keep mentioning this while I already explained why I assumed you want roams to get nerfed from your response , you said higher impact , what is the role that you still could win if you don’t have it , it’s captain , because already players duo que and play jungle carry and carry themselves to the next tiers no problem , so if we want to be fair to this role we can say it’s good to have a good roam in your team , you not gonna say we need an epic roam to win easy , the impact is low compared to others , if you say it’s high then it means roams are very strong and could decide who wins which is not true , and it’s just make people who wants roams get nerfed spread and asking for roam nerfs .

You can win too without bot/top/jungle/mid.

Then why is Yates a priority pick and sometimes banned? Same for Lyra. Because they have low impact?

They are.

3 good damage dealers + good roam+bad carry>4 good carries +1 bad roam.

Then I will say something: don’t ever assume the meaning of what I say and then pretend that I said what you assumed, ever, because it’s not true. High impact=/= too much impact. Understood?

Assuming is not wrong if it has a relation , if someone supporting a group you can say he is against the other group even without him saying Iam against that group , you don’t need him saying it , you came here and said you are not with what I assumed then it’s ok we cool .

And I disagree I think 4 carries 1 bad roam win against the good roam 3 carries+1bad carry , more damage win the game , and good carries can play around a bad roam , useless carry does nothing no fountain no damage , just a dead weight , bad roam atleast tank some damage .

You can assume all you want, but don’t start saying I’ve said that because it’s not true and your assumption could be wrong. Defending someone doesn’t mean attacking the other.

I @ you in that post , I could say anything and don’t @ you but I did it because I thought my assumption could be wrong and you can correct it , I would totally agree with you if I didn’t @ you but I did .

Bro I have to tell u that ur in the wrong here, if someone says he likes sunny weather it doesnt neccessary mean he hates rainy weather. If u thought u werent sure why then present it as a fact. U both are making a bigger thing out of this than needed, we are all brothers and if u (talking to everyone here) see that ur personalities clash, its best to avoid arguments and be the bigger person.

4 Likes

There is a history it’s not just random assumption , in this game a lot of people used to avoid playing roam and roam heroes used to be banned a lot in draft , now the game is introducing more banned worthy heroes , if you nerf the strong heroes expect 4 roam heroes banned , I don’t think roam heroes worth the banned but because people play carry and jungle they see themselves skilled and better than other players and what stops them from doing what they want is a specific roam hero , like if you play assassin you prefer to banned Ardan for example than banning anything else because assassins stronger than other heroes .

Roams makes you play different from usually, and not many heroes can do that. Again, they get banned because they are strong and can ruin you the match. They might not be able to carry the game by their self, but they can make sure you can’t carry your own team.

When I play Kensei (just an example), not many heroes are a problem, most of those who can destroy me are roams. You are underestimating their impact in a match.

So what u are saying is we need to nerf roams?jk

1 Like

I’m saying that roams are not banned just because they are annoying and carries hate them, but because they have great impact and, as happens with carries, they can be OP too

I think it’s good that roams have that much of an impact to the point that they can make the enemy’s life hell, due to depend on their carries to win the match. The problem comes when a hero like Yates (and Lyra right now) overshadow so heavily the rest of them. It’s then when they need a nerf, but the strength of a roam can’t be balanced comparing them to the carries but to other roams.

1 Like

A good yates can make your life hell, really… and lyra currently is super strong and basically the only healer after adagio nerfs that put him far far behind her (excluding grace as she is not exactly a healer tho I must say that her ult is really good if used right).

That why i want them nerfed (yates and maybe lyra) and not the roams in general. Those 2 overshadow the rest of them, though they could Buff the rest to their level (as long as they dont become so strong they start talking carry positions like they did in the tank meta).