Lyra & Varya in 3.8

Depends if 1v1. Varya is almost too stationary. I am tier 10. This patch… i rank up from 9 to 10 using cp lyra!

Not many people play lyra! But next time I will show with a video if i come across varya

1 Like

Again, that is because you are a OTP Lyra and you arent fighting OTP Varyas. In equal skill with the hero, Varya>Lyra.

I suppose.

30 characters…

I mean, when i became a Reza OTP i could defeat easly even the kruls, ronas, joules and those heroes that are supposed to counter reza, does it means they didnt counter him? no, it just measn i was better using that hero than them using theirs.

Really depends on the team compositions what what each player try to achieve (directly fight the other carry or his team is keeping the distance between then, etc.). Generally I would favour a varya in full builds tho.

For once I must agree with @Guest_78,

Lyra was intended for roam which is why her kit is based FOR roaming not fully carrying.

Varya was created around being a CP mage/ Cp AA hero with mobility barrier yada yada.

In the end, Varya is better because thats the role she was intended for.

a little bit of offtopic and maybe will lead to another spread - but did you/someone watch the yesterdays games on stream? LOL WP reza ftw, with two dmg items soloing the blackclaw + dealing so much dmg that it was obviously broken as hell. All ofc mostly because of TB. Two games I watched with him, different players played it and ofc won + phin close to 100% win rate.

Yes, i saw that, was quite funny. It shows how strong is TB right now, which leads me to wonder where are the hot fixes they promised.

1 Like

She was released and in the spotlight… they mention lyra to be devasting cp mage too… she was design more to roam but her abilities helps in cp path too…

1 Like

Yes, if anything is badly needing a nerf/hotfix type of - it’s the TB. If a single item can make a hero without a WP ratio on anything into carry and soloing the blackclaw… yeah. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly this is all true besides support Lyra being viable but can we talk about CP Lorelai tho? She’s better than majority of the mages now. If I’m being honest Varya, Lyra, and Lorelai are the three top midlane mages.

I don’t know if this was said but she actually does have this…

From the stats Skaarf seems the second best mage of the update.

Well ppl still play support Lyra and Lorelai bringing down their stats. Also those stats aren’t everything they contain low elo play so it doesn’t matter much

Read my post again. :slight_smile:
My point is that right now overdrive on B is non existant even if it gives longer dash.

1 Like

Those stats are for POA and above, that’s not low tier.

Yet it’s what most people overdrive.

Anything that’s not VG silver is low elo.

So then I will use statistics form competitive. Captain Lyra has seen play, lorelai has seen none as a mage, and the strongest mages according to those matches are: Celeste, Varya, Samuel.