Lyra 'Sun&Moon' Splash Art

This is more my school assignment! Lyra ‘Sun&Moon’ concept ideas!
You can vote or choose which I should go for! I will update this thread weekly till my school submission. Thanks Luv <3

5 Likes

1 or 2 and maybe 5 are the only ones that feel very “Lyra” to me. The other action poses don’t really fit to me.

really cool work though. Look forward to seeing the end of the project.

3 Likes

2!

Summary

This text will be hidden

1 Like

I’d say either 1 or 3, 1 would show Lyra and the sky more while 3 it looks like it will show off a lot of structures/environment in the background.

Either way, It’ll be cool to see whichever one of those 6 ideas you pick and further progress on

1 Like

Well if I am to based on previous splash, then yes. 1,2 5(maybe 4) feels ‘Lyra-ish’ but I was hoping to show a stronger concept like she is also battlemage hence a pose like 6. 3 and 5 gives me the ritual vibe where she cast her spells.

But thanks.

3 Likes

alright, will keep that in mind while decide which to go for. Thanks :heart:

Update, my teacher decided to go with 2nd composition since it’s the easiest and It’s also my first time doing a splash art.

I have to change the clothes flow and design at the bottom though. Next week will be colour and shading and submission :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this process with us! It’s very cool to follow along as you work through it!!

4 Likes

I am learning a lot of things too! the composition, lighting, art style. Clothes flow. I never realise splash artist have it tough. I always assume, splash artist always have pose reference in mind and they create it from there. but as I was doing it. I have to create a splash art to give the concept a story.
as well as making it appealing of cus.

1 Like

Hi Guys, sorry for the lateness! I know it’s nothing like a professional splash art like how artist do! But I think I am satisfied with what I am done and to come this far? Working on this assignment is really fun and I learn lots of thing! This won’t be like last splash art as I will like to improve more and explore various style in splash art concepts!

Hope you guys like it!

edit I updated the splash art again. This is final and I finally submitted it!

6 Likes

Fantastic!!! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Thanks <3

30 characters is a must

1 Like

I never thought I would need Lyra in silver hair :rbgwen:

3 Likes

wanted to add curls… but sudden realisation that I need to add lots of highlight and shadow…
so I told Lyra, you are getting hair straighten this time gurl!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing. I hope to be able to use this skin one day wen VG comes back with a vengeance

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! And hopefully if VG is up and running. I would try to send them my idea and more polish splash art.

2 Likes