Let’s talk about this Aftershock “nerf”

All in all, its power is still too strong on its own since it deals damage based on % MAX not missing HP and half of that damage heals you and the thing also provides CD.

It might be strong, but having any shield item will severely weaken its power, unless the enemy also builds BM. AS is not as bad as people think. The problem is that most utility or support items give extra health and make you instantly weaker to AS because of that max%. Basing it on missing health would make the point of AS moot, as AS is sustain for CP brawlers and EoH is sustain for CP mages. A squishy hero that builds t3 armor and t2 shield won’t have as much of a problem against AS as someone who upgrades to T3 shield. That makes no sense lol.

It heals for 50% of the damage dealt. And the damage dealt is 13% max hp.

Lets say someone has 3k hp.
Aftershock would deal 390 damage and heal half of that per activation is 195 hp healed.

Eve heals for 25% damage dealt up to 1200 hp for a duration afterwards the healing drops down to 10%.
You would need to deal 800 CP damage to get that much healing. But to get 2 Aftershock activations you need 1600 CP damage dealt which will take you rather long early game.

Aftershock scales with enemy level up and enemy items bought. So the healing improves over time.

Eve will outperform itself and drop down to 10% healing.

At that point it is nowhere close to competing with Aftershock.

For early to mid game AS will outperform Eve.
Lategame it actually is more even than one would think.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t nerf Kaku. WTF is Semc thinking? Taka was top ban in the VPL preseason matches. A 1% nerf to after shock isn’t going to fix him, and they actually improved his crystal ratio.

1 Like

They try to tone down the “all defence” build that was going on. No real nerf to taka except that + WP taka is hit somewhat from the changes as the base dmg is reduced (not that he relies to that to do dmg, but still).

2 Likes

Most definitely. Tank Taka was cancer in the high elos. However, the heal return on Kaku is the foundation for that.

That’s what really needs the nerf.

cooldown increase on kaku should do the trick. Right now it’s like he can forever do it and regain most if not all of his HP. So one reflex block and JB and gl killing competent player… it’s super hard to lock down.

The issue tanking with Taka is that the healing is less effective, the more health u build the less efficient it is. With the current changes for 3.2 he is now forced to build atleast 3 offensive CP items to get his damage return back.

People should also take in account how proc of Aftershock happen per fight, if u let it proc so much. It literally chips u down, every time it chips you. Your getting weaken to the point of lethal range.

Two hero’s?

Reza
Koshka
Alpha
Taka
Fortress
Blackfeather
Grumpjaw

Most of the OP junglers abuse AS at the moment.

1 Like

Lets not forget the captains along with that list who can build AS SC like Ardan, Cath, Flicker etc…

I see all assassins banned or picked. Mostly because of lack of defense and the power of AS SC…

1 Like

No disrespect but I’m not sure you really understand AS, they’re several hero’s who are broken because of the DMG this item can do in a relatively short time (Taka, Alpha, Fortress), it’s incredible easy to pick up as it’s relatively cheap.

SEMC have tried to balance these hero’s but they’ve finally come around to the idea that it’s the item which is broken not the hero’s themselves. I believe this needs to be nerfed to 10%, as things stand it’s stronger than TB (it’s equivilant) in the WP tree and were actually seeing hybrid junglers abusing both these items now (Grumpjaw probably meta 5v5 jungler right now).

2 Likes

Ozo? He is not Op or meta but he is probably the best AS abuser in the game. His weakness- CC and mortal wounds is the only thing stopping ozo from being top pick

Mmmm, problem with Ozo is you actually need some skill to play him, learning to chain abilities isn’t easy and aquabounce isnt easy to pulll off.

Still believe AS needs to be nerfed, as thig stand SC/AS combonis cheap, enables spamming of abilities and huge DMG output which often leads early game snowballs.

True. A well done acrobounce+ 3 activations of A usually will delete any carry out there but every other assassins can do the same job without working much like taka or koshka

Problem with aquabounce is as a carry I’d just run back under my turret (I’m not bad with Ozo so know how to play him), sure you might land that third bounce and sure you might kill me but I’ll make you pay with turrets shots to the face.

His C is also one of the easiest abilities in the game to reflex block. Like there is no excuse to ever get hit by this short of your reflex block being down.

It is extremely easy to reflex block but it has a short CD and can usually be used twice in long fights when infused. I don’t rely on C in engaging, I use it as a gapcloser to chase or just simply force out roam crucible in teamfights

I’m under no misinterpretation about the power of AS. I think it procs too often. It’s not a damage reduction it needs, it’s a cooldown increase, in my opinion. Even 10% of your max hp every 2 seconds is still a lot in combination with the rest of your CP damage.

1 Like