Kestrel OP?

Constantly poke? The lowest cooldown on his A is 4 seconds. It even has to hit for Reza to follow up. He even has to be close ranged since his dash is quite short. All these conditions don’t meet frequently so its easily predictable to know when he’ll jump.
How can he farm safe if Kestrel freezes lane not to mention she doesn’t even have to since her clear speed is faster.
His dash is short. You can easily land 2-3 glimmershots and completely avoid his damage if you can predict and invis quickly. It takes more than 0.5s for him approach and leave Kestrels damage range.
Wp Kestrel has all the outplay potential against Reza

1 Like

His A has speed enough to hit. Now we are in the same point as always: he needs to hit, well, same as kestrel, so using that argument is useless. The dash range is enough. She can freeze or push? Reza has a team to help him until he gets AS, which, if he is good, can get at minute 3.

Idk about u guys but i dont even build crit on her since her arrows are being potatos and doesn’t want to crit either, i build ss sb tt and bs/ and maybe one tm if they have no armor

Her attack speed literally is the speed of a twirling silver imo

u guys should try it out

Kestrels A is faster, shorter cooldown, more damage and she 4 four arrows. Her A is way more reliable.
When laning Reza is played in top while Kestrel is bot which means Kestrel has more back with the jungler plus wp buff. AS won’t be enough to burst down a Kestrel with a light shield. Her more consistent burst will win out.
This argument doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and I’m getting the feeling you have played very little Kestrel . So I suggest you try her a bit, you’d be surprised how high her damage is ( Don’t neglect early game defence, always stay one step ahead to maintain your dominance )

1 Like

I don’t agree in that the GS is more reliable than the scorcher, but whatever. Faster? The delay is around 0.3s, so you will be able to hit him with one GS, maybe two, but that’s it, that won’t match the entire combo of Reza. I never said he would commit only once, I’m quite aware that only one combo won’t hit her. You are right, I don’t play Kestrel, but I fight her quite consistently and in my experience, with Reza is a relatively easy match up, sure, not the easiest, but form what I’ve seen Reza counters hard Kestrel, even the pros say it, in fact he was used as a strong counterpick to kestrel. He has always been considered of of the hardest Kestrel counters.

2 Likes

@Wayward and @Guest_78 I think both of you are playing your own respective heroes a level above your average competitors creating win scenarios on both sides.

Play and counterplay based on skill.

4 Likes

@Xaldarian Fair enough

@Guest_78
When have the pros stated Reza is counter to Wp Kestrel bot?
I agree he counters her Cp path and is troublesome for her Wp path in 3v3 but in 5v5 Wp Kestrel comes out on top. Imo Kestrel is one of the best heores to use against Reza top.

1 Like

Never, they have stayed that reza counters Kestrel (WP and CP), specifically bot? never
She is not the worst i agree, but i think Malene plays better, baptiste also, but playing him bot… idk.

1 Like

Was this before 5v5?
Malene bot? Is it viable?
Bap and Rona work more easily into Reza as bot.

I rip, no malene bot is not viable… i think, sorry for the confusion.
Bap and rona play well into reza, especially bap.

1 Like

I have seen top CP taking CP buff, mid WP taking wp buff and bot taking nothing because they already have back up and they can be CP too…

Everything can work, especially if you are in a team or atleast with good coordinated players.

1 Like

I just wanna rant that I hate facing Kestrel passionately, no hero should be taking 3/4 of your health bar early game even if ur fighting her in melee range as a melee hero. Like if she’s bot laner with her jungler constantlycamping or she’s the jungler herself, your top turret should go down in 6 minutes if your support doesnt rotate because how stupid is that she just shows up and drains your health bar and you cant even engage because there’s a trap or her jungler might be there

1 Like

I am not sure if we should complain honestly because there are other heroes who can do the same and we don’t complain.

Kestrel back when she had 130% basic attack damage on her glimmershot was way more oppresive, and that was before the health buff.

KEstrel was severely affected by the health buff, making her burst significantly weaker and it didn’t help that her 130% basic attack damage was entirely removed because of how oppresive she was.

And remember the time when Kestrek’s Mist Trap had a 6 second cooldown in the late game and her basic attacks reduced the cooldown of her B by 2 fing seconds?

We really shouldn’t complain what much you know.

Kestrel was way more oppresive.

And her CP path was just nerfed, it still is good, but not top tier anymore. It is about the same level as her WP and her WP is high tier.

We don’t need to nerf her she is perfectly balanced.

Unlike Celeste in update 3.1…

2 Likes

Oh yes I know she was nerf. But so was everyone. Now landing 3 sec of forward barrage doesn’t feel rewarded as landing 4 Glimmershots. The fact that she just needs her jungler to apply some pressure early game, she’s such a lane bully, definitely more bullying other WP carries like Gwen Vox Ringo. Now I can confidently say that I’ll win lane phase against Vox or Gwen or BF or at least protect my turret well enough. But every single time I’m against Kestrel my 1st turret goes down no matter what. As a squishy carry, you shouldn’t be fighting in melee range, but as Kestrel you just need to bam 4 shot in their face and dont even tend to keep her distance.