Kestrel: Builds, Playstyle Tips, and Discussion

Spin in the wind, weather vane.

Welcome to the community-built intro to Kestrel, part of our forum #guides series!

BUILDS
PLAYSTYLE TIPS
OTHER RESOURCES
DISCUSSION: 4.5

If you’d like to contribute, please do! These posts are wikis that forum members can edit. Post your builds and playstyle tips! But don’t make it too detailed. The goal is a quick, easy-to-browse overview for players who are new to this hero. You may want to check out our other hero #guides for examples!

This thread is also for discussion, so feel free to reply with comments and questions about Kestrel and the builds and tips posted here.

Kestrel Builds

WP Kestrel :vgroles_carry_bot:

CORE:
:vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_bonesaw: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle:

SITUATIONAL:
:vgitem_t2_reflexblock: into :vgitem_aegis: or :vgitem_celestialshroud:
:vgitem_halcyonchargers: or :vgitem_journeyboots:

Full post here for alternate builds and comments.

added by @cha0z , update 4.5

add more builds here

Kestrel Playstyle Tips

Your playstyle tip here

added by @you , update 4.5

add more tips here

Other Kestrel Resources

Wallpapers
Voice Lines

Official Hero Spotlight:

Please folks, make contributions here! I’ve been doing well in casual, utilizing the :vgitem_sorrowblade::vgitem_bonesaw::vgitem_halcyonchargers::vgitem_tyrantsmonocle::vgitem_tyrantsmonocle::vgitem_aegis: build that was suggested. Definitely looking for more play style tips, counter heroes, heroes she’s strong against, and good comps.

I tried her in ranked finally (all t10 players…)

We got the win, but clearly I wasn’t much help.

2 Likes

That build is actually solid and the most recommended one.

Kestrel :vgroles_carry_bot:

Core:
:vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_bonesaw: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle:

Situational:
:vgitem_t2_reflexblock: into :vgitem_aegis: or :vgitem_celestialshroud:
:vgitem_halcyonchargers: or :vgitem_journeyboots:

Alternative builds:

1. :vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_tensionbow: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle: :vgitem_halcyonchargers: :vgitem_aegis:
  2. :vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_bonesaw: :vgitem_breakingpoint: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle: :vgitem_halcyonchargers: :vgitem_aegis:
  3. :vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_bonesaw: :vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_breakingpoint: :vgitem_halcyonchargers: :vgitem_aegis:
  4. :vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_bonesaw: :vgitem_tyrantsmonocle: :vgitem_tornadotrigger: :vgitem_halcyonchargers: :vgitem_aegis:

Ofc there are other variations that will do well depending on the situation. Breaking point build is either starting with 4 dmg arrows and then auto (in this case you can also use :vgitem_tensionbow: tho I prefer :vgitem_bonesaw:) or you start with autos and then when you have BP stacks and good opportunity - let’s say that it will hurt. :slight_smile:

Build 4 is for autos after initial A opening/poke.

Tip for kestrel: Don’t spam A and never ignore autos on WP… also mixing autos with A is good and will make it harder for the enemy to dodge as he never knows exactly when you will fire an arrow instead of auto.

4 Likes