Just some suggestions

I almost snorted into my breakfast when I first read that bullshit excuse. (Can’t recall who went on record posting that, unfortunately.)

Heroes’ stats are the absolutely tiniest portion of the game, data wise. You could store them all in a 120kb plain text file.
How it’s actually integrated into the game engine, I can’t tell, obviously - but if it turned into a data hog, then it’d be a case of failed implementation.

This is a case of SEMC cutting corners. They don’t have the resources to get balance right for one stats table (plus talents), so doubling the work-load wouldn’t change much for the better.
Besides, splitting the balancing would open a whole different can of worms, when it comes to ability re-works and such.
As usual, though, SEMC just couldn’t be honest and up-front about it, and fed reddit the most convenient excuse.

2 Likes
  1. definitely agree. I have a few ideas (a defensive version of BP/DE, it gains stacks as you take damage)

2, 3 and 4. There’s a few bugs ingame rn, SEMC really need to get workin on those

1. I don’t think they can do much about queue times - unless you want matchmaker to be even worse. The playerbase just isn’t large enough yet.

2. you do get lpq timers after like 2 or 3 declining matches I think? Not exactly sure what you mean by this.

3. As for premade builds, I’m not sure I quite understand. Isn’t that basically what recommended builds are?

4. Do Glaive and Cath have different emotes? I hadn’t noticed. While on one hand I would like more emotes, I’m dead against more ingame buttons as my screen is already overcrowded. Plus I don’t think it’s what SEMC should be focusing on atm. Bugs and the like are more important.

Hey I managed to make it short(ish) for once!

The pre-made build would be ones you made, the recommended builds can be limiting. Also you could just make pre-made builds that would just have the 3-4 core items on a hero that’s almost always built so the game wouldn’t recommend too much. I like premade builds right now is that some of them have good items initially were it’s to choose the build so you can build quicker and stay at shops lesser(every second counts right) and get notifications. But my problem is that SEMC always want people to build aegis or FoR and the pre-mades can just get in the way of you choosing the right items because then they’re on your screen constantly and will then take the position at the bottom right always instead of it being the item you last clicked. Little stuff like that is important to me, just trying to improve the quality of life always.

Yes Catherine, Glaive and a few others back in the beta of VG had different emotes then now. So I know SEMC had probably tested around with emotes. My suggestion would work in the sense that players would just choose the emote they want to use for a hero before the match in the menu or during hero select. There wouldn’t be added buttons just the same emote button.

There were emotes in Beta? You just mean social pings then? I thought you were talking charms.
As for premade, I now understand what you mean, and yeah would be useful, but SEMC do currently have bigger problems to worry about (those bugs, the item tree). It should definitely be a thing eventually, but as long as the item tree is as small as it is, it’s easy enough to find everything.

I can’t find the original but it shows how Glaive, Catherine, and SAW had different emotes, I know Adagio had a different one which was more like a dance too. I was talking charms @MacAulay
https://youtu.be/w18nvyN7sAU

1 Like

Hero dances were a thing for awhile - they were sort of an Easter Egg. They were removed at some stage and then people clamoured to have them back and eventually we got charms.

Here is the originals:

2 Likes

yesss ive seen this but i thought they were some sort of edit lol. Didnt know they actually were present in game. The cath dance tho xD

2 Likes

Could not agree more. 30 characters? We don’t need no stinking 30 characters!

Those are soooo much better than the charms!!!

I want that Cath dance in-game!

2 Likes

Bring on items and heroes.
Seriously, there’s this mode called casual. To put player’s mind at ease, picture it as a testing ground.

Bring it~! more items. more more MORE~! just like there’s no contraption in 5v5, items can be filtered out to suit.

Keep item idea’s flowing~! and heroes as well~! i don’t know what’s holding SEMC back from releasing. Are they still doing the whole “suspense” slow reveal thing? does it even work? all that build up and then all the criticism afterwards?

Well, whatever floats their boat i guess. Just keep it coming. This game needs to get out of it’s puberty stage. lol.

2 Likes

Exactly 3 years going on 4 is too long.