Joystick impressions + feedback thread (3.3 thread?)

The targetting with Celeste will take more effort. But several heroes will be much better.

1 Like

I agree, vg’s implementaion of joystick control is best among all mobile mobas i have played so far. the great thing is u can actually tap the target with your finger that u wana attack and then proceed to use buttons for abilities. feels way more interactive. the UI feels refreshing as everything is easily accessible under the home screen only. All in all, very good update considering recent track record of semc.

1 Like

AoV has this targeting implemented, as well.

It’s good to hear someone’s having such a great experience with it.

1 Like

aov’s targeting system is separate buttons for turrets and minions and for targeting heros, u have to turn on the settings that display their avatars when they are in range. I dont think u can just tap on a minion to target while in joystick control mode. But u can do that in vg’s implementation.

1 Like

You can. That’s why I mentioned it.

2 Likes

yeah, u can.Sorry, my Bad. You need the manual target option ticked.

Joysticks mean that you can actually hold your phone comfortably whilst playing.
A tablet you put down and tap but a phone and VG never ever played well for me 5.5"

Now they made a hybrid joystick tap control system with a rather sleak overlay. It makes “mobile” gaming much much easier.

Best experience in most cases will be tapping on a tablet but that can cause neckstrain…

1 Like

I tried adagio with the joystick
Joystick is good for adagio carry but bad for adagio roam
He buff and heal himself easy with one tap , but as a roam you going to heal or buff yourself instead of your teammates most of the time

All one would need is practice. You can’t judge a new control scheme in 1 day of using it after years of other controls. It will always feel worse and unefficient. That said, I am sure that while one would play good with joystick when used to them, touch controls will be better in VG as the game was designed around them. Using was as this can change going forward.

1 Like

I tried the heroes with the joystick and noticed adagio , it was difficult for me more than other heroes as a roam.