I'm losing ranking points from my teammate dodging a match

I agree with you, fwiw. It’s a flaw in the matchmaking algorithm to assume that all T4 players are the same.

My main got Kinetic from one of the epic chests. My smurf was unlucky. Haha! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that too. Until I played my smurf in ranked for the first time, and right after I was in T6. I just thought, maybe because my enemies’ ranks were way higher compared to me (unranked) that’s why the big elo gain. :smiley:

woo. i’m part of the bug crew now. lost elo due to someone else dodging.

edit: I kinda understand the lack of screenshots and videos. it’s just a blank screen and then the “dodging warning screen”… then you’re back at the menu and the only thing that’s different is the points is lower.

edit again: I really hope the dodger is getting points off as well. if innocent players are gettin the points drop and the dodger is gettin nothing, then this is some next level trollin.

why i think edit number 2 is happening: SEMC admitted they can’t see any discrepancy in the data. which means from the server side, everything seems “normal”… which means, the “dodgers” are getting what they deserve, except they arn’t, and it’s the innocent players getting it.

1 Like

Not just teammates. Enemies too.

1 Like

Now what kind of company is SEMC that they don’t do anything against it?! If they dunno how to fix it, then change the punishment, dammit

Do you have proof of this still happening? Screen shots of your VST numbers before and after would be good, video of the whole thing would be better!

SEMC continues to maintain that it’s been fixed temporarily, with a permanent fix coming shortly.

Why don’t they take a few minutes of their time to test the bug themselves? Why do they demand proof for days when they could just try it themselves.
As Phinn would say…
SoMEtHinG sMeLls fIshY
Smec did 9/11

I’ve already replied to you about this.

1 Like

i’ve been trying to replicate it while taking screenshots… no success… that’s life for ya… the moment i stop trying is when it’ll happen again. lol.

1 Like

If you open chests quickly enough, you can open the same chest twice (game doesn’t delete the icon until a second or so after the chest opening screen has disappeared, if you spam tap, you can click on it again and open the chest twice) in which case it will look like you’ve got the same loot, but really you’ve just opened the chest twice. In my experience at least. To check, count up how many chests you have before you open them, then count up how many as you open them. It won’t add up to the same number.

No, the chest goes away and I greatly doubt people have the luck to pull the same thing three times in a row rather than getting something like an epic skin or something. The chances are small unless they’re rigged and the perfect time to rig something would be when everyone is going to open their chests, a chest of some sort. It could have been intentional but that is just assumption.
If it was just a visual bug it would not be a problem because that means you really did get something else but it is just showing you that you got this instead. This was also present in BP chests mostly, not the epic ones from what I have seen.

I haven’t got any doubles, but then I haven’t really gotten anything from them :confused:

Is this a bug in 3.4? If so, it belongs in the bug tracker thread … doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the rank points issue …

Tbh I noticed that. My Blitz point was 1600 then an enemy dodged, it dropped down to 1572 then to 1545 after another enemy dodged the next match. I didn’t take screenshots sadly.

I’m concerned that the “fix” didn’t entirely fix the problem … I just need some hard evidence to send to SEMC. If anyone gets video (best – from a stream, maybe?), screenshots, or has precise match data, maybe we can help them reproduce it.

I still don’t get it why SEMC needs evidence. Clearly people are complaining and there isn’t anything else to it than someone dodging. That shows the incompetence of smec once again.

With a small company like SEMC, things can go wrong pretty easily, the time it takes to fix problems is quite long and problems hurt the company more than ever. Just let them be and hope that SEMC expand and #fixthisshit.

1 Like

The complaint here is that they can’t get up their own arse to improve the game, instead they rely on their community to do it for them.

They are a small ass company. When you have a company with only ~50 people, you’ll need all the help you can get.

2 Likes

I’m afraid your posts demonstrate a really poor understanding of the complexity of software development, testing, and troubleshooting.

As I’ve said to you repeatedly, they aren’t able to reproduce the issue at the moment, so it’s unlikely to be happening for every match. There are tens of thousands of matches coming in to their servers EVERY MINUTE. Do you expect them to review each one? Do you think their engineers are ONLY working on this ONE problem?

Smh.

2 Likes