I'm losing ranking points from my teammate dodging a match

Cause it got hot fixed today Preformatted text

even before hotfix… i wasn’t losing elo… sucks for you eh

Oh wait, I’m still losing ranking points. Just lost around 30 points and got ranked down despite the short update :confused:

4 days into the update and this game breaking bug is still not fixed what a joke, should have been sorted out a couple hours after report.

1 Like

i have yet to encounter this bug. could this be server related?

there was a reddit post of a screenshot post match earning 1100+ elo points in one match.

comment below - so that’s where all the elo went.

pretty sure the numbers thing is just a visual bug, the guild fame and sunlight go crazy sometimes too

well, it was all just words to me until i saw a actual screenshot… lol. found that funny.

they’re having trouble reproducing the bug.

I had it on release day and used it on release day…
Any mature person gets really weird thoughts at the Soundeffects when he attacks though…

You get +1100 elo when you unlock ranked

1 Like

i din’t know that. that’s pretty unfair how they don’t need to climb anymore.

i started from just beginning… whatever points that is… 800? there’s too many newbies running around with no clue.

1 Like

I agree, because it feels wrong to me, but there was a discussion with some of the devs about this a while back in the SEMC Slack channels. Here’s the tl;dr from that discussion:

• The average MMR for all players is about 1200. When you first unlock ranked, the matchmaker doesn’t really know how good you are, so it assumes you’re average and assigns you an MMR of 1200. Your MMR changes based on your wins and losses, with the amount of change being affected by other factors that SEMC won’t disclose.

• For a long time, VST worked as a reward system: if you played often enough and won an average number of matches (50% is the ideal), you’d move up slowly to higher tiers. If you won more often, you’d move up faster. But as most of us knew, you could reach higher tiers without being a particularly outstanding player as long as you played enough.

• A few patches back, SEMC decided that VST should reflect MMR (and thus a player’s skill level) instead of being a reward for playing a lot. So VST was changed to approximate your MMR (with some built-in lag to prevent the displayed tier jumping around too much). At that time, all NEW players unlocking ranked play were put into Tier 4 directly. The only way those players can fall to lower tiers would be to lose more than the average number of matches.

I understand the reasoning behind it. But at the very least improve match maker to group newly unlocked ranked players together.

it completely destroys the gaming experience when you encounter a newbie with no clue. it feels like actual work. I’m pretty sure there’s actual work places that are less stressful than having to deal with such bad match making, and you get paid an hourly rate. this feels like working for free.

A community service is usually reserved for certain individuals that need to repay a debt to society. Sounds pretty harsh to compare it like this, but I feel the point needs to get across.

1 Like

I agree with you, fwiw. It’s a flaw in the matchmaking algorithm to assume that all T4 players are the same.

My main got Kinetic from one of the epic chests. My smurf was unlucky. Haha! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that too. Until I played my smurf in ranked for the first time, and right after I was in T6. I just thought, maybe because my enemies’ ranks were way higher compared to me (unranked) that’s why the big elo gain. :smiley:

woo. i’m part of the bug crew now. lost elo due to someone else dodging.

edit: I kinda understand the lack of screenshots and videos. it’s just a blank screen and then the “dodging warning screen”… then you’re back at the menu and the only thing that’s different is the points is lower.

edit again: I really hope the dodger is getting points off as well. if innocent players are gettin the points drop and the dodger is gettin nothing, then this is some next level trollin.

why i think edit number 2 is happening: SEMC admitted they can’t see any discrepancy in the data. which means from the server side, everything seems “normal”… which means, the “dodgers” are getting what they deserve, except they arn’t, and it’s the innocent players getting it.

1 Like

Not just teammates. Enemies too.

1 Like

Now what kind of company is SEMC that they don’t do anything against it?! If they dunno how to fix it, then change the punishment, dammit

Do you have proof of this still happening? Screen shots of your VST numbers before and after would be good, video of the whole thing would be better!

SEMC continues to maintain that it’s been fixed temporarily, with a permanent fix coming shortly.