I think 5v5 is ruining VG for me

Wow that first sentence is a perfect description.

I also agree on the second paragraph.

i don’t disagree… but in 5v5 skill is still have a big impact although not as big as 3v3

a skilled individual player shine more in 3v3 while 5v5 need more coordination. but 3v3 can be very punishing because of that…

I agree. 5v5 rewards macro plays more than individual efforts.

It’s worse, some games I am 1vs2 and one moments 1vs3 top lane and asking for help via “I need help”, then after no attention for 1.5-2m and two times “I need help”, I try to combine it with rally point, hoping that the sound will take attention… after that green arrow to the jungler that farms calmly and to come, so on. My point is, I was left ALONE 1vs2 and 1vs3(3rd players joined the other two constantly on my lane) losing two turrets without ANYONE showing ONES. This happened recently, but got many examples like that. I blame the no existing matchmaker. I had 3VG bronze in one of the teams vs t5 team. Also a lot of smurfs.

One game I was paired with 2 new players, one t5 and one t6 (I myself am t8 silver-t9 silver) vs 2 t7, 2 VG bronze and one smurf that was atleast poa gold. Did my best, but tbh games like this one is not really fun, not to mention I was targeted as only real damage dealer. /saltmine :smiley:

Put that aside, 5vs5 is a joy + we must not forget it’s just released and will get a lot better with time. The matchmaker improvement that will follow soon enough will help with the experience too.

The game time right now is too much, but I too think as some others that it will drop when people play some more of the new mode/map.

All and all, I am positive.

Totally this, early surrenders on totally winnable games, even some where the surrendering team has the upper hand. To make it worse, even if it’s denied - it’s spammed again as soon as the game allows. 2/3 or more of those game where the mass voting was dismissed (sometimes only from TWO players), we WON. Not to mention that it’s super rare to have a game without atleast one surrender vote. Absurd… hopefully this will be non existing problem, or atleast not at that extend, in the higher tiers when we have a proper match making.

I think (at least, I hope) the surrender issue will improve as people get more familiar with 5v5 and are able to recognize when the match is still winnable.

I’m somewhat concerned, however, by this

3 Likes

I love the 5v5 but after that 3 consecutive matches where this happened I was second guessing playing it more. If this is a common thing it will definitely ruin the game.

This is also valid. Killing the enemy laner early in 3vs3 can lead to a lot bigger impact compared to 5vs5. Not to mention that in 3vs3 you get constant help or fast help if needed from your roam while in 5vs5 you kill the enemy and he is back even before the next wave for extra gold for you, have better items and full hp vs your lower one… and in most cases you will be alone vs him. It’s actually literally better to port right after you kill him and shop.

If not, I am sure SEMC will tweak the surrender conditions. Agree, dunno why so many surrenders. Maybe as the games lasts like 50% more on average and people don’t want to bother? Easily tild/saltines making some players wanting to drop the whole game? Dunno… but it’s an issue. Not to mention that more than less when one spam surrender that does not pass, he will afk or stay in base. Few games there where two people doing that.

If anything, in 5vs5 there are more opportunities for a comeback vs 3vs3 in VG… and still, people surrender like no tomorrow.

Also it’s really fun when votes take a big part of your screen while you still try to do something useful for the team and fights enemy players. Fun Fun

2 Likes

5v5 is a breath of fresh air and the noobiness is something I wish I was here for with 3v3. Chill and enjoy

2 Likes

Ah yeah, it’s actually still possible to comeback, and they should just delete “surrender” button for 5v5 even i lost all my t3 turret and 2 vain armor we still winning “easily” actually

(Psssst even 4vs5 is possible to win actually)

2 Likes

Just played a game. We crushed the enemy team in a 4v5. So yeaaah i agree 4v5 is better than 2v3.

Hey now, there are plenty of web-based 3v3 mobas out there! I played a few 3v3 mobas before VG, and I did fine.

4v5 is totally doable – my guildmates and I went into a 5v5 last night as a group of 4, and we got paired with a Ringo who called bot. He then proceeded to farm the entire match, participating in only 1 or 2 teamfights and not even one push. We still won quite handily. Ringo managed to outfarm everyone in the match, though, so there’s that. :roll_eyes:

Yes. Technical laning skill and efficient rotation is much more emphasized in the early game. People tend to think in terms of individual combat pvp impact though, which 3v3 catered to better. Now it’s more about team coordination, compositions, and builds.

Individual mechanical skill is still necessary and beneficial, but it’s not the Trump card that it was in 3v3.

2 Likes

Well the 3.0 release sure hasn’t helped my mood. Matchmaking is a NIGHTMARE. 1000* worse than pre-release. Every single game I’ve been in a complete blowout one way or the other.

My hero stutter steps whenever I use high quality and it never did that on Halcyon Fold.

1 Like

Porting to shop after a kill is a common unwritten rule in mobas in general. After a kill, you crash the minion wave into their turret to deny the gold and xp, maybe steal their jungle camp, then port back to match the item advantage.
Also, later in the game you can quickly walk to river shop, so it’s an even bigger lead.

1 Like

The music is shit though, why would the music not changed when there’s a teamfight? Literally a slow music in an intense teamfight lol

1 Like

I agree 5v5 heavily rewards teamwork. Heavily. But never count out individual skill. I mean your team is only as good as its individual parts.

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes