I am not a bad player

Problem is you lack understanding…

The vox had no farm and no damage staying with him instead of roaming the entire map would have left me even more depleted.

The Glaive though foolish was the only other guy who dealt damage. His suicides meant Vox was worthless.Vox was 3/10/3 and had 29k damage which is nothing at all.

Glaive was toxic but mechanically skilled. Vox was horrible in general…

Can’t win like that and this match is a exemplary for mos of my matches where I am MVP on our side but my allies throw the match. This is the reason I dropped…

Being poa means you need to have knowledge in all three roles, and be decent at them. Thats what separates the poa and vg bronze from the vg silvers and golds imo.

It looks like it was flagged for player-shaming. This wouldn’t hide your post on its own, but reports go to moderators, who, if they agree with the report, can hide the post after. That’s what happened here.

Remember, we really want this space to be a productive and welcoming one. If you want that too, then help out! And a great way to help is to avoid posting screenshots of how badly you think other people play.

You posted a screenshot of your team without IGNs obscured, then proceeded to trash them all. Someone flagged your post as player shaming, and when I reviewed it, I agreed. When that happens, the post is hidden but not deleted, giving you the opportunity to edit it so that it follows the forum guidelines (e.g., player shaming is not permitted). If it’s not fixed within 24h, it’s automatically deleted.

1 Like

This new forum lacks transparency because we only have a like button. Nobody mentioned Playershaming in this thread and suddenly my entire topic gets destroyed.

If it weren’t for you mentioning it I would not have known…

More accurately, you player-shamed, and your thread was moderated. Please think about what you could do differently to avoid this happening.

But you’re right - the PM you received about your post being hidden didn’t specifically mention player-shaming. I’ll see if there’s any way we can include that kind of information in the automatic notices.

I disagree with you that this forum is not transparent. You saw that your post was flagged, you got a PM about the auto-hiding, and you were given a chance to re-think your post and edit it if you liked. That’s pretty transparent, compared to the old forum where your post could be removed and you’d never realize if a mod didn’t have time to contact you! Here, that kind of thing is automatically sent to you.

I don’t understand what nonsense I spammed.

Here is a list of things for you to improve on:

1. Attitude. This is the single most important thing in vainglory. If you play a game with the attitude that you have little/nothing to improve, or your loss is because of your ally, you won’t be improving a lot in the near future.
    While you may have bad allies, your play was not extremely exceptional compared to your allies either. You had almost the same amount of deaths of the same glaive that kept trying to 1v3. There should be no reason for you to have the same amount of deaths as a person who keeps getting ambushed/ganked/1v3’d. If you see your ally die, turtle under a turret.

2. Builds. Taka goes AS CW BM CP infuse this patch. Don’t bother with fountain/contraption/etc, you are only lowering your damage output, and as you said, your wp vox did 0 damage so its useless on him and the glaive kept 1v3’ing so you can’t save him anyway. Also try to understand your powerspikes. Taka powerspikes for items is the AS, and you delayed this by getting a spellsword first. You got an aftershock at 11 minutes, and thats quite shocking. Not only that, but you also delayed the spellsword by gettin an eclipse prism when you had heavy steal and chronograph. Just 100 more gold and you would’ve gotten the spellsword.
    Also P.S you can farmsteal the glaive instead of the other way around.

3. Feeding. 10 deaths, regardless of what the situation is pretty bad. This means your team as a whole got snowballed badly or the enemy was just too good. The best strategy when this occurs is to turtle, and play it safe under the safety of your turrets in order to lower the impact of a gold lead (e.g. if enemies have 2 items and your team only has 1, they have double the item advantage vs if enemy has 6 items and you have 5).

4. Understand win conditions

5. Pick a hero you like and is decent in the meta and try to one trick him. You will face far lesser obstacles if you are able to hard carry your team due to being skilled with that hero.

1 Like

There is this thing called draft…

Which you don’t know about since you are t5…

One tricking a hero is impossible with draft.

The players who one trick a hero are the entire reason most matches go bad.

My general attitude in game is fine, you are trying to school me about my build however I tried to play as a team instead of solo. I needed vision to not be blown up.

My deaths were almost all in teamfights or last man standing fighting 1v3 how do you plan to keep your deaths low when you are being hunted 3v1?

Enemy team had a dedicated captain. We lost the moment Glaive decided to play wp jungle while we already had a jungler…

I’m not t5, I’m t6 bronze!!! I am much better than t5 okay
Honestly though, please don’t insult people and be salty on the forums.

I was just giving advice since you made a thread about “having problem with rank matches”, but it seems you don’t need any advice.

If you need vision, buy 5 flares, it has the same effect if not better, and is a WHOLE lot cheaper. Buying contraption delays your offensive item builds, which is very important for taka or else he won’t be able to do enough damage to kill enemies. Building for your team is fine, but then you should realise that if you are captain

Its always possible to keep deaths low when you are losing. One strategy is staying near your crystal miner when jungling or turrets when laning. Probably shouldn’t go an engage in teamfights when you are already losing so much, the teamfights won’t do anything but give enemies free gold.

Double jungle is not as ideal as captain + jungle, but there’s not much of a difference and you can make it work.

If you don’t want to one trick, thats fine, but the main reason I was recommending it was because right now you are alright in each role/hero and with one tricking you can become good in one role/hero, so if you don’t want to one trick, try to improve your gameplay with each role and heroes.

1 Like

I would concur with buying flares over an actual contraption. Flares are way cheaper and frankly, teammates in our tier don’t normally notice enemies right next to them anyway. Vision isn’t all its cracked up to be there, so beyond a few scout traps and flares in important spots, not really worth pursuing imho.

One other thing - turtling is part but not all of the story. You need to try to get as much farm as possible while minimizing risk in most instances. Your jungle obviously should be taken where possible, up to the second treant. However in lane, you need to push it out a lot so that you have more of a buffer if the enemy team tries to push. @Tiem can probably explain this a lot better than I can, but you don’t want to freeze waves under your turret too much. The enemy can barrel through if they are coordinated.

3 Likes

A few things I’ve noticed. People in hotness are okay at 1 hero usually. During draft, if you are first, soft lock what you want but be ready to captain. Still, that isn’t fool-proof. Somebody might not communicate the entire draft. With that in mind, I strongly believe that partying up is the best solution. I haven’t soloqed for months.

Just a small comment, but I feel Spellsword wasn’t the best purchase. I would personally have picked up CW. Taka has mean burst and his heal while under Kaku is pretty insane. Having his abilities off cooldown is often more valuable than raw damage. Shatter would have been a good build. Then pick up a piercing shard till you can get BM. So Shatter, CW, BM.

I feel a slot for flares would have been more optimal than Contraption. You spent a lot of gold on that and I get why. When the enemy has one, you have to get one too. And since you’re Taka, that is your kryptonite. But still, a handful of flares would have revealed and scouts just the same. It’s not the best but considering how gold constrained you were, kinda of had to.

The fountain, I get your thought process, but tbh, with the burst Koshka has, it probably bought you guys one more hit, maybe two. The issue with fountain is that it becomes useless when one ally yolo dives. You need teamwork for it to be useful, or else one guy is dying and the other at full HP, so when you do fountain? Because if you pop it to save that one guy, he’s likely going to die anyway and then you have nothing for the remaining team. Honestly, in solo queue, there are many situations were fountain is just not a good buy. A crucible would have been maybe more useful. Koshka stun, Ringo ulti, gauntlet. Plenty of things that could be blocked.

Honestly though, you guys lost at draft. Koshka is a perma ban these days for good reasons. Ringo and Ardan are an insanely good duo. With Ringo’s speed and insane DPS, and a Vanguard there to keep him safe, he’ll maul. Even a scrub Ringo will run you over like a truck. Truly one of the most toxic pairs.

4 Likes

Freezing lane actually works better when you’re ahead. You freeze the wave, chocking the enemy laner while your jungler and roam push their advantage. Once they own the enemy mid, your team owns the middle of the map, making it dangerous for the enemy to extend out very far. You essentially box them in.

If the enemy laner wants gold, they have to over extend and that leaves them open to ganks.

If you’re behind you want to shove minions as far as possible. It’s hard to gain ground when the minion wave is always barreling down on your turret. I’ve had matches where our team was ahead but the enemy laner shoved lane hyper aggressive. Before every push, we had to go up and basically clear two waves that were pushed back to our turret. Frustrating!

3 Likes

I gotta say everything FreeLies said is actually on point. T5 ot T6 or whatever their skill tier is, the suggestions and analysis is solid.

2 Likes

My biggest problem is surviving post draft when I get a troll pick like glaive wp jungler…

The idea behind contraption was 3 cd items together. And I needed vision big time all the time. Enemy had the map lit.

I think the game was lost to us at draft…

I am not really salty, it was just that the onetrick went down the wrong pipe because draft usually means that you can’t play what you want from the start.

Half your post was build around that.

I get your other points though.

Thanks for replying

1 Like

Hey, just another point I want to say and elaborate on win conditions.
The WP Glaive pick imo was completely fine, I’d rather have a double jungle with 2 jungle mains than a capt + jungle with a captain who doesn’t know how to play captain. The impact on the game by the captain would be almost 0 if he can’t land any of his abilities properly or any activatibles. The only thing the captain would serve as then would be distraction/free bm/de stacks to enemies.

Also, if you are facing a lot of trolls/toxicity/etc.
Your teammates want to win as much as you do. At the start of the match, 90% are not salty/toxic/etc. Its only when they start losing or they get tilted that they start to be toxic/troll. So if you want to stop toxicity, make sure you don’t have a bad early game, or even better just pick an early game hero and try to snowball. I doubt that you will have a teammate toxically pinging you if you are a koshka who has invaded enemy jungle and taken all of their farm, gotten many kills and eliminated their crystal sentry. It’ll be the other way around, they will star face ping you for being awesome.

Win conditions are often the things that people lack in tiers 7-8. It is often why people complain that they lose cause of their teammates, and not themselves.
Win conditions are quite literal in meaning, but if often confuses people as to what it means in an actual game. The macro play in vainglory is a lot like guerrilla warfare. You try to push each and every little advantage you have as much as you can, but know what to retreat to minimise personal risk. Win conditions are part of this macro play, being able to understand what you; your hero and team composition need to do in order to beat the enemy. Early game heroes like Saw and Koshka need to snowball early game, or else they lose their advantage that they have, and the enemy can later use their own advantage. Late game heroes like Vox and Baron need to focus on not getting behind or snowballed, and hope to take the game into late game.
But it runs much deeper than that.
Each hero has their own win conditions. For example with krul, you need to be able to keep a fight drawn out and your enemies unable to kite you.
Your items also play an important part of your win conditions. Late game heroes need more items to become online, whereas early game heroes like koshka have base damage early on and can become very strong with one item like aftershock.

What can you do with this knowledge
Like guerrilla warfare, you need to push each advantage as much as you can. If you can get the healing treant and fronts, do so. If you see enemy jungler rotate into lane or recall before taking their back, steal it off of them. Each little thing counts. Every gold you get from the enemy is twice as good, you get extra gold and also prevent them from getting it.
Try to force engages with enemy jungler if you are ahead, with the kill you get much more ahead, the time + gold allows you to achieve a lot. You can also gank the enemy laner, putting pressure in their lane, or try to go for objectives. If you are ahead as a laner you can try to harrass enemy laner, invade the jungle, etc. At a certain point, you can also go for objectives.

The main point is to understand your and your enemies strengths and weaknesses, and then play with your strength and against your enemies weaknesses. Understand that jungle fortress is weak in early game so you can invade their jungle, or that saw is weak late game so you need to frequently gank the lane or sometimes stay in it to prevent the early snowball. If you can prevent the snowball you can win the late game very easily.

3 Likes

Reasons why you should have no mercy in mid tier.

oh who am i kidding im a lowly t4

This was with a troll who minespammed the other game where I was captain and went 4/4/2 for not giving up.

I ensured I had a snowball hero next match…
The ringo is a rude unskilled player whom I had to mute from the start. No damage no team participation…

Kill participation is one of the most important stats to me…

I wanted to reply to both you and Xladarian but no such luck. .-.

Anyways, I’m experimenting with a slightly different approach. I’m attempting to pick heroes that I think will do well vs the enemy comp and not worrying as much about whether it works well with my team. Re: double junglers and semicarry Koshkas inbound.

So far I’m at 3:0 and my games have been much easier. One of them started out toxic and I muted before I could say anything back. In all cases the matches were much more pleasant for me. In fact, sometimes it was more advantageous than picking an actual roamer because:

A. If I catch someone out, I can kill them. I don’t have to ping my allies to come help.
B. We can have TWO counterpicks in the jungle, rather than one. This makes early snowballing significantly easier.
C. Truth be told, we usually face somewhat uncoordinated teams that don’t quite understand their win conditions. Picking someone who just does well as a semicarry/third carry into their composition makes it easier to crumble their morale and teamwork. If I were to go with a roamer focused on protecting my team, it becomes more of a gamble whether our team executes our win condition properly, or if the opponents do instead. In some instances you can 2v3.

I’ll report back when I have more results.

1 Like