Heroes prices

While I was writing Warhawk first game , to roast Warhawk , I was thinking about making reim starting a petition about hero prices like “why this minion hero cost 14k while other heroes cost 1k” , and Warhawk respond with “why you picking on me and Leo there” , and reim respond with “Leo is special case broken hero” .

If heroes from now on going to be cost 14k , does that mean they have to be op because of the price difference , does it make sense for the company to make something cost that amount weaker than cheaper heroes ?! , even if we see Warhawk balanced or other heroes better is he going to stay like that or get buffed because of the price ? We know Leo got buffed and I see Warhawk going to get the same treatment , are we going to see new heroes get different treatment than other heroes as priority buff and meta .

The funny think is that iirc SEMC said Leo will cost 14k only for the first week and move to the normal 7k… they lied, surpriseeeeee :slight_smile:

I don’t remember them saying that , what they said was huge discounts and the new hero going to be higher price than before , they didn’t connect the discounts with the new heroes being expensive so they can at somepoint make heroes cost normal costs while new heroes double the price .

I think the main plan was making new heroes cost double and to make people accept it they made the discounts on other heroes.

That’s the point of the thread , by making expensive heroes you making a new class , is this class going to get the same treatment as other heroes or they going to get special treatment because of the high price , because marketing and hero balance connect with this plan , it could be an indirect pay to win idea , but we don’t see it pay to win because the hero still cost glory from the first day , if the new heroes going to get special treatment with buffs then I think I can call it indirect pay to win , especially if new heroes get regular abilities nothing unique and get high stats .

“If heroes from now on going to be cost 14k , does that mean they have to be op because of the price difference?”

Isn’t Warhalk and Leo being under powered on release proof of that being false?

And isn’t SEMC fixing that “mistake”? Because that’s what they did with Leo: make him broken.

1 Like

They did make Leo broken beyond belief the very next patch, Warhawk getting the same treatment the next patch would prove that being true.

1 Like

Magnus also showed it. At this point it’s very hard to argue they are not making new heroes intentionally op.

So the theory is they release heroes balanced or very under powered, then make them OP after everyone has already gotten over the excitement with most people who want them already purchased? The idea is that this is more likely than them merely trying to make new heroes relevant?

No, the theory is them making new heroes op to make people buy them with ice due to the higher price. One thing is making them relevant and another is making them straight up broken.

Think about it more , what is the point of making a hero cost a lot of glory ? to make them easier to buy with ice , and what is the point of making a hero cost a lot of glory if you don’t make the hero worth it .

Just imagine a new player downloaded the game , is the new player going to buy different heroes with a 15k glory , or going to spend it on 1 new hero , you have to make the hero worth it or otherwise its a waste and overpriced compared to others .