Hero Ping packs. Would you use them and other things discussion

Pretty generic question imo.

Would you use hero pings? By that I mean a emoji for the default skin of each hero.

I lowkey want a Kestrel ping pack.

Not only that but some of the known VG fan artists could help pitch in too by choosing a specific hero they would like to help in hand with the art team in VG.

Just one of my thoughts. @Ellezner and @HipsterSkaarf what do you guys think about this?

Is it a yay or nay?

Reddit post that got me thinking…

9 Likes

I really like the idea – much more than most of the ones that are available in-game currently. RWBY: Amity Arena has done this quite successfully, and I’m sure other games have as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I quite like the idea too. And I’d like to be able to pick my ping pack (and hat) in the hero lobby. And I’d like a treant ping pack. And a gold toad ping pack. And a storm queen ping pack.

3 Likes

Idk but it sounded like you were annoyed from something I did… Maybe I asked for too much? :taka:

1 Like

haha, no, I’m not annoyed! I just want all those things, and my cat was yelling at me while I was typing, so I had to write fast!

2 Likes

:star_struck:
Koshka ping pack, because i need more koshka taunting in my life
Oooo and while we are at it Il take a Catherine ping pack too so i can have some sarcasm in my pings

If they got rid of lore does that mean Storm Queens out of the picture too? :S

Lastly, if we dont get anything else please give me skarf pings

1 Like

I would GLADLY pay to spam Ozo in more ways than one :ozo:

2 Likes

I mean I do like the idea (I can see smiley face SAW in my head already) but the amount of packs the’d have to have…

This would be nice too, although I’m still against hats…

I SOOOO LOVE THE IDEA!!! I want a Skye ping pack! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

petal and grumpjaw and flicker would be nice. Maybe wisps for inara though uwu

1 Like

Ok so here’s a thought: Maybe introduce these, and make them unlockable by getting max mastery on that hero? And in conjunction with the new UI, at say 3 mastery stars give players the option to change their main screen background to that hero? Thoughts?

5 Likes

I can’t tell you how much I love this idea.

@HipsterSkaarf – Mr. Ambassador, please relay to the folks at SEMC!

3 Likes

Maybe add a small reward for the hero at each mastery star? So like at 1 and 2 stars some talent coins, at 3 the background, at 4 a set rare skin and at 5 the ping pack…

1 Like

That’s my plan! I was already wondering how to raise it… Personally, I’d love to contract fan artists to make ping packs, but it’s a really tricky thing with legal waivers involved, and I’m not sure how feasible it really is.

But I love the idea of using them (and other customizable features) as part of a reward system for hero mastery, so I’ll def pass that on too!

5 Likes

We gotta revive the artist community somehow.
Man, I miss the days when the server was active. Now, everyone seems to just mind their own business. :’(

1 Like

Off-topic, but, when you’re not making VG fan art, what other stuff are you illustrating? I always wonder that sometimes… Could really see your style being great for concert posters or album covers.

Holy hell! I have never checked the site sorry for the super very late reply.
Thanks for the compliment, I don’t have the specifics of what I draw. I draw what I feel like drawing at a specific moment. but hey, I am open for suggestions and requests (no promises).
My social media accounts are always open for messages!

2 Likes

FORT PING PACK

GRACE PING PACK

PHINN PING PACK

ANKA PING PACK

TAKO PING PACK

I’D BUY ALL OF EM!!!

2 Likes