Here come the ads

AoV advertising would mean Tencent will be funding VG right? lol.

I wonder what makes players choose one game over another, which is why i posted my AoV U.I review.

https://vgforums.net/t/arena-of-valor-u-i-review/4064

I really believe if VG just raised their U.I to be more social, it would thrive above and beyond AoV. Social apps are HUGE for a reason. VG already has their game play HANDS DOWN far, farRrrr better than the competition with advanced mechanics, graphics, vision tactics, counter play, etc.

VG just falls short in being more social and more personalized. There are pixelated games from the 90ā€™s that are still thriving because of the social element.

1 Like

See, and I completely agree with all of that, 100%. That would have been a development focus generating higher total revenue.
Instead, they completely misjudged their market position prior to the 5vs5 release, when they started trading customer retention for a presumably higher average revenue per user.

4 Likes

Vg has finally become ML now with ads its sad to see them reach so bad state

Vainglory is a mostly free game so having ads really should be expected, Iā€™m overall happy because if they do this every day than you can get 1825 ice every year which would be amazing for a f2p player.

Iā€™m not particularly angry that VG now has ads. I just find it really, really, really sad.

5 Likes

Or how about arcane legends? They offer a ton of stuff for watching adds.

Will Ads be the end for Vg? This text will be blurred

And Skaarf? Fortress? Phinn? Flicker?
What else do you want exactly? Itā€™s not like LoL has much else (ok Kindred is pretty cool but other than that)

I agree the game is dying, but itā€™s not the hero design. Sure, The last 3 or so were simple heroes, but I still really like Kinetic and Anka, and before that we got Malene, and if you call her simple, then I donā€™t know what you want.

The reason the game is dying is Matchmaker, the bugs, and the lag. I cannot play the game because everytime I do, I either have some massive ping, glitch through walls, find minions with invisible healthbars, or, wellā€¦ you know what matchmaker is like. SEMC need to work on all that.

Also, The company itself is dying. The way they handled the esports thing was rubbish, dumping people and giving it up entirely, it only happened thanks to Excoundrel in the endā€¦ PoB leaving, Humanist not getting paid, FooJee leaving, SugarVenom getting a cutā€¦ no matter how many times they tell us itā€™s just individuals, I canā€™t believe it anymore.

Nailed it.

4 Likes

*Meanwhile I m the only one whos happy cos i get free stuff doing close to nothing :smiley: *

3 Likes

Well, expected and in line with the clear (nowdays) picture of them having big financial problems and not enough players.

Couldnā€™t think of a more beautiful outcome for such a company as SEMC. At least for me, for them itā€™s just sad, but I canā€™t help thinking they deserve it.

Wew, glad I jumped the boat while it was still time. Just checked out the subreddit for the first time in weeks, are they also turning lack of players into a feature?

2 Likes

I think 5 ads a day is pretty low , we need more
I have nothing to do while waiting 7 minutes for a match , give me ads pls

proof players are willing to watch ads.

Iā€™m not sure why the limit to 5 ads per day, but i think itā€™s to do with how they get paid. They probably donā€™t get anymore income after 5 ads are shown and thereā€™s probably some kinda research into the effectiveness of ads when shown repeatedly, thus they are aware of this and choose to show 5 per day, maybe not SEMCā€™s choice and rather the choice of the advertiser.

All of reddit is more or less having orgasmic seizures over 5 free ICE.

Then someone pointed out participating was perhaps not all that voluntary, since the advertisements get downloaded whether you click on the ads or not.
'checked the unity-ads folder myself, and sure enough, ~20MB of data. Even though I never opted in in any way.

The only other critical post mentioned that our value to advertisement companies doesnā€™t lie in our capacity to watch ads, but in their access to our data. Itā€™s those profiles that are of worth, because they allow for selective (and potentially predictive) advertising.
And what do you know? 'looks like ā€œparticipationā€ is not voluntary in that regard, either. The privacy policy seems to be missing the standard clause of ā€œif you do not agree, do not use this part of the serviceā€ they use elsewhere. (According to the redditor posting.)

2 Likes

Do you have any sources to show that SEMC is in debt? Just curious thats all.

they raised a few millions through investors. i bet they want their money back with interestā€¦

1 Like

the worst part about this ads:
i got the same one 5 times and it was about a pokemon copyright infringement.
thats the bad thing about this stuff. it puts vg near to those scummy apps that just want to go for some cash before they are taken down.
there was a reason for the adpockalypse on youtube and this gets close.

This game dies faster than I expected