Glassdoor discussion

It’s honestly hard for me to stay positive about the future of SEMC and VG if SugarVenom of all people had to step in and personally confirm the internal problems…

3 Likes

I have to say, I find your remarks regarding other forum members to be somewhat objectionable.

Do you really believe that about “every human”? I certainly don’t.

I’m really surprised at the tone of your post, tbqh.

Internet trolls fit the description more in that context, in my opinion. But then again, most people whose anonymity is protected by the internet will always feel freely to lash out against others, just because they can and no one in real life will know their internet persona.

It is just sad to see that SugarVenom had to confirm that this is true, eventhough the community already had their suspicions for a long time. We can only hope that the higher ups (especially EdTheShred, as the post implies), learn of their mistakes and correct themselves from now on, though I’m not as optimistic and just prefer to stop caring about the state of the company.

Now we know why the marketing team always got away with whatever decisions they made to monetize VG…

2 Likes

It was my not intention to insult forum members. Nor was my previous post meant to be directly at forum members or targeting them specifically.

I was merely cautioning against others seeking to use this revelation as a sticking point for self-validation.

As for the point you quoted I already stated in my previous post that it is based entirely on my own personal perspective based on my experiences with other people which has shaped my own worldview therefore it is not to be see as a broad statement on humanity itself.

Again apologies in advance if it appeared that I was insulting forum members which was not the intention.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s sad that sugar venom did that , I would do that if a cofounder (krul) said what he said about ex employees , but I think krul is a good person but he had to defend his friends for the company , he could let others speak but I think they afraid of the back and forth discussions so krul can’t be attacked personally and others are silent .

In one of the replies in the post it is definitely told that Krul is one of the good guys, and that it is sad to see him replying that way, according to the former employee who replied before SugarVenom did. Iirc, that former employee thought it was Kristian’s reply before realizing it was Krul’s.

Well, someone had to stand up to give a statement concerning those Glassdoor reviews, and it just happened to be Krul.

Just so you know, the “SugarVenom” account isn’t SugarVenomSEMC, it’s TheSugarVenom, and it’s only a few hours old. For all we know, it could be a fake account.

1 Like

Another possibility could be that she created a new account because she’s no longer associated with SEMC. But then again, I don’t know how Reddit works.

She can create a new account for any reason she wants. If she likes the name she chose but wants to divest from the SEMC name, that would be a valid reason for making a new account. However, having an account that is only a few hours old doesn’t look favorable. Using the old account would lend more credence to those words actually being hers.

It’s her, as confirmed on Twitter.

8 Likes

SugarVenom has never really hidden the fact she was pissed off by how SEMC treated her, and rightly so.

7 Likes

This idea that the ease of criticism is of any relevance to its veracity is faulted. Criticism’s value is most relevantly based on whether it is true and relative or not, not on how easy it is to give.

It doesn’t matter how easy it is for someone to give you advice, who gives you the advice, etc. as long as the advice is relevant. This is part of the issue with the response given to these reviews. Beyond that, we are being told things we already know. We know that these things are hard. The fact that the difficulty of the situation is being asserted is another sign of an issue, especially due to the fact that people are indeed rooting for this company in their criticism perhaps because they realize how much the company has accomplished.

Ultimately, the response to the reviews made clear that tone-deafness is a primary driver of problems, and let me be clear; that is not a dig at Tommy, it is simply observable in relevance to the discussion.

I think there are a lot of other obscured factors at play when it comes to the failures of SEMC as well.

2 Likes

He even used the small team card , your game is that , “we have a small team” , why no marketing , “we have a small team” , why no communication , “we have a small team” , this is easy just start a company and make sure your team small and do what you want and then answer every single question with “we are a small team” .

A positive view on the Glassdoor drama.

Gary’s View

“I didn’t work at the Lair”

:unamused:

2 Likes

The reality is that blame tends to get thrown to the top first. That comes with the territory of running a company. The people running SEMC are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s far too easy to point fingers in that direction. I hope that the drama this week helps management reflect where necessary. However, it would be naive for the community to assume it knows what “the problem with SEMC is” after reading reviews from disgruntled former employees.

I get that former employees most likely laid off would say more negative things about their former work than postitives but this(not just what I quoted but parts of the rest of the post) really comes off as trying to deflect these problems as the former employees own issues and not so much management/higher ups of semc.

Side drama

Also bit off topic but of course looking at vg reddit a thread creating more drama out of this situation has popped up that just over analyses what’s going on, just stirring up the pot

1 Like

If you’re talking about this one, you know who posted that, right? Can you tell?

It seemed like someone familiar from the attitude in their replies, don’t know for certain but if it was I definitely didn’t want to link the thread cuz of that and it’s honestly just summing up what people read and spreading hate of semc and former employees, and some false info.

2 Likes

That’s a perfect summary of that thread.

I saw that post and disregarded it right after.

Of course someone would try to bring up and stir more :poop: