Gaming mouse recommendations?

Anyone have a gaming mouse that they’re particularly happy with? Or a brand recommendation?

I’ve currently on my second Corsair M65, and though I love the feel of the mouse itself, the switches seem to be questionable … my first M65 developed a problem with the left mouse button where about half the time it would send phantom double clicks. A quick Google search reveals I’m not the only one who has had problems with Corsair mice. (Fwiw, the M65 uses Omron switches – I’d much prefer a mouse with Cherry switches, as they are known to be more reliable.)

The left button on my current M65 has begun to misclick from time to time. :unamused:

Anyone have any experience with SteelSeries or Razer mice? (Thinking about Razer because I am in LOVE with my Razer BlackWidow keyboard, which is the best keyboard I’ve ever used.) I had a Logitech G502, which I liked quite a bit, but my daughter liked it even better, and it’s now attached to her computer. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I am currently using a razer mamba wireless (got also the original mamba wireless back in the days) - it’s great, not that heavy, top of the pack optical sensor, decent build quality, good shape (close to deathadder, but a little bit smaller), long battery life, can game ofc connected on a cable and not that expensive + no lag whatsoever when on wireless. There is also a newer razer vyper ultimate that is also wireless.

1 Like

I am using a Razer Naga atm and it still works very well! I recently had a couple instances of my mouse not moving, but it only happened twice and it’s VERY infrequent. Otherwise it’s a year old and still works like a charm

Also yeah the Blaclwidow is a great keyboard. My dad got one for me for christmas before I could buy one myself and the RGB on it is beautiful. The wrist pad is also 100x better than corsair’s

1 Like

I’ll have to check what Logitech mouse my brother has. I really like the feel of it, and It has quite good performance for the price. I dont know if it matter to you, but it has their dark field sensor to work on glass (mostly useful if you use a laptop, in addition to gaming). Don’t remember if they offer the same model without it or not.

1 Like

I recommend you LOGITECH G502 HERO HIGH PERFORMANCE GAMING MOUSE

G502 HERO features an advanced optical sensor for maximum tracking accuracy, customizable RGB lighting, custom game profiles, from 200 up to 16,000 DPI, and repositionable weights.

2 Likes

That is in fact what I went with – I don’t find it quite as comfortable for my hand as the Corsair, but the switches have proven reliable so far. The Logitech software is better than Corsair’s, too.

Also, welcome to the forum! :wave: :grinning: