Fundamental Problems with Vainglory

I assume you’re referring to Malene and Lance. I haven’t played Malene yet so I can’t comment on that.

I’m sad to say this but compared to games like Overwatch, the balancing here is shit. Though people say “Overwatch is an FPS, you stfu” but it has heroes, each hero has their own set of skills, HP and other things. The win rate of the heroes I looked up a few days earlier are all 50%+ with a deviation of only by less than 10%.

Lance has 2k6 HP mate. My lord has body armor but only has 2k HP and the same armor and shield stats. WTF the logic?

How many heroes does overwatch currently have?

VG honestly has some of the best balancing I have seen in games. As I stated above every hero sees some level of play, even if its just countering a few other heroes.

2 Likes

Honestly they do a superb job balancing VG heroes. The biggest problem with hero balancing is the freedom we have as players to take a CP hero and say “Nah lets WP this biotch!”. Which can lead away from intended play style, and find something ridiculously OP.

I really dont see how you can find balance in the others, assuming you are refering to mobile competition.

1 Like

lol what. “SO MANY CHARACTERS ARE OP SO THE BALANCE IS GOOD!” is this the mentality you use when you make suggestions? in a balanced world, no one is op, everyone will be counterable, but every character is still playable.

EDIT: also, keep in mind that other mobile MOBAs want to keep the game as short as possible since it IS a mobile game, after all.

This wouldn’t be a problem if there were slightly more items to build with. It is actually the idea situation of Moba games and what made them what they are today. Hero build diversity is the key to success in Moba games as one can tailor a hero to their playstyle.

1 Like

Overwatch has 27 heroes now. A few less than VG but still having a small hero pool just like us but way better balance. Every single character has their set purposes and they are balanced around it. For example, take a look at Tracer, Overwatch’s flagship character. What is she made as? A slippery assault capable of taking out squishies and annoying the hell out of tanks. So how is she balanced? She has 3, I repeat, 3 dashes (Blink ability), the ability to go back to the position 3s earlier, regaining the HP and ammo of that point (Recall ability) and 2 super fast-firing pistols. What’s the catch for her? The lowest health pool in Overwatch at 150 HP. With that she has a number of counters and she counters some heroes. You can check this out at channels such as Blame the Controller or Overwatch Central. VG however doesn’t have that. What’s, for example, Reza made as? A super slippery assasin-mage. Lemme see. He only has the slippery part but he has neither the poke damage of a mage nor the consistent huge burst damage an assasin. And for an assasin who is originally set to be squishy and having health equal to an ADC, he has 2k3 HP, more than all ADCs. Yeah. That’s enough.

Playable… Hahahahaha. You definately don’t know what that is. Playable in my terms meaning that each hero has a win rate of 50% or more and still able to consistently play around the counter if they are good.

Over 50% winrate for all heroes? I’m sure there’s a paradox there somewhere…

2 Likes

Go online and check the stats. I checked the stats duh.

Really you think lack of build diversity is balanced. That is the opposite of balanced as if you are versing your counter you are bout to get stomped with no choice but to bed over and bite the pillow

If all hero’s have over 50% win rate means they aren’t balanced at all it means they are unbalanced in skill needed to play them

Holy sh!t this thread is hard to read…
Has anyone even seen OW or been on the OW forums? Literally a sh!tfest Of Moira op, brigette op, tracer op…
Genjis deflect has been ridiculously big since the beginning of the game, rein has slowly been becoming useless compared to Orisa, D.Va has a frickin 97% pickrate in OWL games…
VG has been doing fine with hero balance. The game in itself is fine, but some QoL things like better tutorials and hero pages would be nice…
The disconnect thing is probably because of the whole thing with there being three different versions of a game, your client, server side, and everyone else’s I think. If you leave to check stuff, you get disconnected so that all three versions of a match can sync.
So far, nothing has reached the must pickness of D.Va excluding new heroes. Celeste can be beaten with assassins, krul is trash late game etc…
If you want any have any more questions, you can ask in SEMF and we can probably answer them… maybe…

7 Likes

No, I mean it’s actually impossible to have all heroes above 50% winrate. I did check a website and all heroes have a winrate around 50% with small deviations above and below which is good.

I think Niv said that patch 3.1 all heroes were around 50 with the lowest being 45 and the highest being 60? He said that counterpicks and niche picks are usually lower than 50.

3 Likes

if i don’t know what playable means, you clearly don’t know what balance is, seeing all your balance changes. so should anyone even consider what you think about vg’s state of balance?

2 Likes

I don’t really know much of overwatch honestly, but from what I have seen (and what is written here) the game is not as perfectly balanced as you are making it out to be.

You are kidding about Reza right? Depending on how you build him dictates where he falls. As an AS assasin he can destroy a squishy with 1 combo. If you want to build him poke you build heavy crystal.

Looking at just his A (if you want to run him poke style) overdriving his A increases the range from 7 to 9 with a base damage of 280 and 90% crystal ratio. That is a lot of poke. Couple that in with a dash and basic even without AS he is going to hurt.

Compare that to Samuel for example. His As range is 10 with 210 base and 100% CP on overdrive without B active. (Empowered goes to 225 and 115% which is a slight increase.)

Without looking at anything other than Rezas A he can be built both as a burst assasin or a poke mage. Hell you can even get the best of both with a more expensive build (AS/SG/CW/BM). You want to poke out damage? SG/DE/CW/BM.

Reza was possibly the worst example you could have picked, as he fills his role incredibly well and is super flexible within his CP path.

Uh lemme check: newest hero for example: a mage with a root, a long range poke that can go through everything, a health barrier and speed boost and an invincibility ability. Yeah. That’s pretty balanced.

1 Like

The damage ain’t consistent. If the damage is consistent I wouldn’t be talking about this.