Forumers we need your help

That would be amazing - and if they have moved here I will switch the authorship of the post to reflect them

1 Like

@FailureIV @ThePinkOtter
I have given you both the Curator group.

1 Like

@idmonfish I didnā€™t see these few, they might be considered helpful?

Canon summary by TheGreatClockwyrm

List of characterā€™s lines here and here by Spicyfries and Jiinko

Compilation of all patch notes by zeogau

1 Like

All of those would be excellent - Iā€™ll give you the curator role.

The heroes lines I proposed we make a wiki and stick it in the Heroes section - that way multiple people can keep it updated. Proposed community project - voice lines

Iā€™ll go create a wiki post for this there and link the threads you link (actually just Jinkoā€™s would do) and then people can go through them and copy out the content. Here you go: Vainglory Heroes Voice Lines - Wiki

One of the highest value posts is the patch history which shows the entire changelog of the game.

If I could safe one thing itā€™d be that however it is a hyperlinked post and I have no clue how to safe that particular piece of info.

1 Like

@Xaldarian Iā€™m working on it today, unless someone already started. Thereā€™s apparently a character limit, so itā€™ll probably take multiple posts on a thread, and therefore a lot of time to write up.

2 Likes

Do you need more help? I can hunt for some exellent posts from the archive

1 Like

The more the merrier :slight_smile: We only have a week left after all.

Would you consider the ā€˜forums closing downā€™ thread a keeper? It contains interesting conversations and lead us to this

I was kinda letting that one go in the interests of a fresh start.

http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?threads/136300/

@CuratorsOfTheVain and any others interested.

Thank you all so much for your help - we didnā€™t grab all of the forums, but we did grab some of the more timeless gems.

Iā€™ve gone through all the posts in the OG archive forum and edited them to acknowledge the person who copied them across and to change their ownership to either the original author where they have joined here, or to system if they have not.

For those of you who have copied across at least one thread that you didnā€™t author yourself in the OG forums I added you to a Raiders of the Lost Forums group and awarded that group a special badge by way of thanks. If I managed to miss you let me know and link me to the content you added.

At this point you have a choice about whether you want to continue as a curator or not. If you continue Iā€™d like you to do (at least) one of three things:

1. Continue to trawl the old forums for quality content that we missed for however long it stays up.
  2. Start building up the text resources category here: https://vgforums.net/c/useful-resources/text-resources
    Threads in this category default to wiki so anyone can edit them and help keep them up to date - the aim is to create a fairly comprehensive and organised list of up to date resources. At the moment I am organising them by author - but making categorised lists by topic would be very helpful as well once we have more content here. I created this as a template to follow and an example: Guides from Physix
  3. Start building up the video resources category here: https://vgforums.net/c/useful-resources/video-resources
    Threads in this category default to wiki so anyone can edit them and help keep them up to date - the aim is to create a fairly comprehensive and organised list of up to date resources. At the moment I am organising them by author - but making categorised lists by topic would be very helpful as well once we have more content here. I created this as a template to follow and an example: https://vgforums.net/t/vainglory-5v5-academy-series-by-semc/990

If you arenā€™t keen to contribute by doing those then let me know via pm, otherwise in about a week if you havenā€™t posted something new or edited something in those sections I will start removing people.

Likewise if you are keen to join this group and to help out then send me a pm, we will set up badges for frequent contributors to these categories of the forums.

3 Likes

Would this thread be an useful keep?
http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?threads/127684/

Go for it - I was tempted by it.

I just found this. When I heard the forums were closing I copied a page that had a bunch of hero trivia. Would anyone be interested in that?

Edit: Nevermind, nice to see someone copied it already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is me. Iā€™m desperately hunting here and what little I can still access of the OG Forums to find every last scrap of my work. What steps should I take? I could only find a few of mine here, whereas ParagonPrimeā€™s storage thread seems to have escaped wholesale.

Additionally, where would be best to get in contact with some old forum members? Life has taken me on a wild ride over the past couple of years and Iā€™m eager not only to preserve all of my relevant work off of the forums but also to get back in touch with several people.

Your best bet is using the mirror of the old forums (although I highly wouldnā€™t recommend logging in considering the site itself isnā€™t secure) to find your old threads.
As for finding everyone again, searching here or the forummer contact thread on the old forums are probably how you would go about it.

2 Likes