First Impression of San Feng

He destroys any hero unable to dodge his B, but is useless against mobile heroes

I haven’t really played him (got him once in ARAM) but so far he seems pretty dull. Either he’s going to wreck the enemy, or they’ll avoid him, but either way it doesn’t seem to make much difference how he’s played.

Catherine seems really strong into him because of his B — she’ll survive his attacks, and he does enough damage that he might wipe out his team hitting her. Her frequent stuns also seem to be the best counter to his combination of invulnerability, damage, and CC, since if she stuns him as soon as his health gets fortified it will put then he misses his abilities.

Overall he just seems like a bad design, since either he’s going to wreck whole teams or he’s going to have a very frustrating match.

3 Likes

This, and a lot of less skilled players are completely mistiming or flat out missing with his abilities. He’s less and less imposing the more I watch him.

1 Like

I just went against him with Inara in 3s. It was hilarious. I usually build Stormcrown, Journey Boots and Pulseweave as my first 3 items on her (she gets a fair amount of damage, and the speed helps her simply dominate the jungle farming, so she can generally Add Sorrowblade pretty quickly), so I spent most of the match running circles around him, kicking him so his abilities miss, and getting my team out of his way. Inara counters him to a ridiculous degree.

The main thing seems to be that you need speed and/or controls to fight him. Trying to tank him or just damage him down is suicide.

Every time I’ve seen him has just been a ridiculously lopsided match.

1 Like

Yeah, Cath is honestly really good into him. She can just completely nullify his entire kit with her ult and the CC immunity on his overdrives are pretty useless when you figure out which one isn’t overdriven to stun him while he’s channeling it.

I honestly didn’t notice CC immunity. I think I had clockwork so I was throwing out stuns like a ferret on crack. I know I didn’t stun him out of everything, but I also had my B up virtually all the time, so when I didn’t stun him he nuked himself. Cath is strong enough against him that even playing like a monkey mashing buttons seems to work. ^.^

I haven’t faced him with laners enough to be sure what works. I’d think Gwen would probably be ideal, withher stuns, slows, and escape. Lorelai was not horrible, but the way I was specced my damage was pretty meh against him, and my team kept popping boots and running every time hey saw him.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve faced him several times as Gwen, and he’s been a non factor for me.

But he is invulnerable…

The enemy roam should block it though.

They overdrive both A and B + his own block + his roam’s block. CCing him is quite hard.

I guess he was CP? He should had gone WP, in which case he should had easily killed you.

In what mode? In standard matches, fighting him with a relatively low mobility squishy is suicide. It’s not until late game when she laughs at him, but early (and if he snowballs as he should) mid game, it’s 1 B and he takes half your health, and Gwen doesn’t have the mobility enough to dodge everything.

The problem with SAN Feng is that against low mobility heroes, he will just delete them, but against mobile heroes he is useless, reason why it needs to be picked only as a counterpick.

Not until level 8, and only on one ability. And Catherine is the total package against him — When she sees him running up she silences him, she can throw a stun every 8 seconds or less (so missing one is not game-ending), and she can use her B to go where he telegraphs his abilities and make him hurt his team. She’s a pretty easy captain to play against him.

Against Inara he doesn’t seem to do well with either. CP seems worse, but her mobility is so much beyond his.

2 Likes

And he can block it with either his abilities or RB.

Same for SAN Feng’s invulnerability.

Only his b, and it doesn’t reflect that much damage to be a problem.