"Favorite Heroes" Sorted

I’m not sure if this is possible as I’ve never created a forum before, and don’t know the limits of Discourse :carrot:, but I think that if it is possible, it would be amazing if somehow the admins could put all the favorite heroes into a table or bar graph since around 300+ people is a good sample size, it would be easy (if it’s possible), and it’s just simply interesting to know what heroes are most likable. I just felt that in the old forums, the feature wasn’t used much. In fact, it was hidden in the “about” section of the profile, but it was still good to know. I hope this is posted in the right section. I would’ve posted in Vainglory discussion but the subcategories don’t match this topic.

2 Likes

Favorite Captain

• Adagio
  • Ardan
  • Catherine
  • Churnwalker
  • Flicker
  • Fortress
  • Grace
  • Lance
  • Lorelai
  • Lyra
  • Phinn

0 voters

1 Like

Favorite Carry

• Baptiste
  • Baron
  • Blackfeather
  • Celeste
  • Gwen
  • Kestrel
  • Reza
  • Ringo
  • Samuel
  • SAW
  • Skaarf
  • Skye
  • Varya
  • Vox

0 voters

1 Like

Favorite Jungler

• Alpha
  • Glaive
  • Grumpjaw
  • Idris
  • Joule
  • Koshka
  • Krul
  • Ozo
  • Petal
  • Reim
  • Reza
  • Rona
  • Taka

0 voters

1 Like

Let me know if I duplicated anybody – I was editing quickly! :gwenrainbowbarf:

1 Like

hazelborgs, I meant using the favorite hero feature listed on the profile. I don’t think all 300 people would vote on the poll, but if you collect all the data, you can find out what their favorite hero is.

3 Likes

I should be able to do that through a database query, but this seemed like a fast and easy way to get some of the same information.

Going forward, I’ll see if there’s a way to track that information. Great idea, Borg!

2 Likes

What you will get with the poll is probably the current strong heroes.

1 Like

No doubt. But I’m still interested to see the results.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is just me, but I forgot BF is a carry. He’s been my top jungle pick for who knows how long

1 Like

A top 3 for each role would be useful info.
A single favourite says absolutely nothing at all…

1 Like

These polls have no confirmation click and it doesn’t tell you if you can multi vote.

Can we get a multivote poll with 3 picks?

1 Like

Not with the built-in polling feature, no.

EDIT: Corrected, thanks to @BORB’s research into the polling feature!

2 Likes

BF used to be really good at WP lane, but I’m not too sure about now after the nerfs. However, some of the heroes SEMC set as their main role are really wrong such as Baptiste and Reza as being a carry.

RIP, the only one who’s favorite captain is Lorelai.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it? I’m not looking for the best heroes for each role. You can find that out by looking at and comparing various tier lists. I think that looking at favorite heroes are more interesting as they show what the community as a whole likes, not just pro players. For example, I loved Petal ever since her revamp where she got Trampoline, and obviously she isn’t meta right now, but I think she’s a really fun hero to play both WP and CP, just killing heroes with onions or a squirrel shooting a gun (in her t3 skin) is just really satisfying!

1 Like

She got nerfed too hard and too often…

Overall, despite nerfs, she’s still a favorite. I don’t use her as much lately, but she definitely stands out from the roster, for me personally.

1 Like

True I do like her a lot. Probably more viable in 5v5 than 3v3…

Wat so no multivote feature?

Says that my post should be at least 30 characters so here is an offtopic question:
How do you remove this 30 character thingy? It’s kinda annoying when there’s a limit.