Favorite Autumn/Fall Beverage

We’re well into Autumn. In places like my beloved homeland, New England, and I am sure others - the foliage is at it’s peak (or has just passed it), some frost may even begin to start showing it’s face, and folks are beginning to wear their flannels. In other parts of the world, it’s still a balmy 80 degrees.

I’m curious to hear folks’ favorite fall beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) for the fall! It’ll be neat to see any regional preferences pop up that others may have never heard of.

I’ll start:

Non-Alcoholic: I love having a more legitimate excuse to have good ole’ hot cocoa. It’s literally one of my favorite beverages period, but it provides extra comfort and joy as the days start to darken and become more cold. It can be a straight up hot cocoa powder in hot water, or a little jazzed up, made with milk and topped with some marshmellows and chocolate syrup. I love hot cocoa!

Alcoholic: A hot cider with either whiskey or rum. The apples, and thus cider, from New England are phenomenal, so this again is just a joyous drink for me.

1 Like

It is spring where I live and I like fresh orange juice (just squish them oranges nothing else)

I am too young to drink alcohol where I live also

In autumn I like to sip on just water and sometimes milo

Coffee. Always. :coffee:

Varieties:

• best coffee beverage ever: mocha from Chattanooga Coffee Company (Chattanooga, TN)
  • best coffee overall: Blue Mountain (Jamaica) w/small amt of half-and-half
  • Keurig: Gevalia Columbian w/small amt of half-and-half
  • espresso: Nespresso Ciocattino
  • Starbucks: mocha w/nonfat milk & whipped cream

Favorite Fall/Winter Non-Coffee Beverage:

• hot cocoa :chocolate_bar:

Favorite Year-Round Beverage:

• milk (1%) with :cookie:

Dude - you need to try Green Mountain Coffee based out of Vermont. They’re world-renowned, much like the state’s Ice Cream, Ben & Jerry’s. #shamelesshomeplug

Also, cheers :cheers_boba_t3: on the hot cocoa!

EDIT: I only say you have to try it because clearly, you enjoy coffee. I have never had a full cup of coffee. I’ve sipped one or two from time to time, but I’ve never purchased coffee. I don’t think I ever will - and I’m nearly 30 years old!

1 Like

I don’t like Green Mountain at all. Too acidic. (Trust me, I’ve tried numerous varieties.)

Also, not remotely in the same class as Blue Mountain or any of the Puerto Rican varieties.

EDIT: That opinion was formed a while ago … maybe I’ll have to buy some whole beans and try them in a French press to give them another chance …

Darn. Well, at least they have the keurig. Apparently that made them big-time.

Hot Cocoa is definitely the best, especially in winter. I actually prefer the powdered version over hand-made ones bc of the more subtle chocolate taste (don’t really like strong/dark chocolate flavors), with my favorite easily being the mexican variety of it (don’t really have the name of it off the top of my head).
Hot cider is pretty good too. Never had coffee nor alcohol (legal reasons for the latter), and I won’t be able to ever try them due to medical problems that sprang up, so those are off the table for me. I do love the smell of hazelnut coffee for whatever reason, though.

1 Like