Excoundrel's 4.1 skin spotlight plus balance changes 🌌

I don’t know but VGpro is kinda dead for me. I can’t see any matches for the past few hours.

1 Like

Match data in the API are delayed over 5 hours now. No idea why, nothing on SEMC’s Slack about it. They don’t give the API much attention, so I doubt anyone there has noticed anything wrong yet.

1 Like

Why :vgitem_capacitorplate: ? It does not scale her barrier, just her ult and CP instead of it will give you a lot more:
Passive dmg reduction from all sources
Longer barrier for allies from A
Stronger slow on second AA
More dmg
More heal

Why you will build :vgitem_capacitorplate: instead of :vgitem_shatterglass: or even :vgitem_rooksdecree: (tho imho not optimal in most situations because of her A)

One thing is right, she is build depending on the enemy/your team composition. This goes for every supp tho.

Standart build would be (for starters with her, i.e. noob friendly):
Core: :vgitem_crucible: :vgitem_fountainofrenewal: :vgitem_wartreads:
Defence: :vgitem_atlaspauldron: :vgitem_slumberinghusk: :vgitem_celestialshroud: :vgitem_metaljacket: - 1 or 2, depends
Last items: :vgitem_shatterglass: :vgitem_pulseweave: :vgitem_clockwork:

This is basic stuff tho, but there is almost always a room for :vgitem_shatterglass: and beneficial greatly, it gives you a lot more you realize. Grace supp can start with :vgitem_shatterglass: rush into some enemy teams/your team heroes.

Ik vyz likes fan girling over CP Grace hahaha

1 Like

Sounds like him and I would be great buddies over Grace then :laughing:

I watched him fan girl over it in the analyst discord server lel

6 posts were split to a new topic: Leaked Splash Art & Hero Changes for 4.1

If there is no hero for the next patch, which is becoming more and more likely as we get closer to the due date; I think we’ll get the patch notes soon or whatever they have planned to replace the Battle Pass.

There’s a small hope that some people have that they’ll announce something during the WESG games sometime tomorrow.

The time table for the matches currently are:

March 9 - Group Stage

March 10 - Semifinals and 3rd place decider

March 16 - Grand Final

http://2018.wesg.com/en/article1?id=157004

Most likely there will be no new hero… sadly as the rooster is still kinda on the small end…

…wait for it…

… for a PC MOBA. :sweat_smile:

I think you meant roster.

Unless… you’re hungry and longing for KFC? :^)

1 Like

Gonna eat now, brb. :smiley: /offtopic

I mean if they are creating a complex or unique VG hero (Ex.Ozo, Skye), they should have more time to refine and release them.

But they dont need alot of time for a hero like Kinetic that has a simple and easy.

Also it should be to note that they might’ve halted the process of creating a hero since they’ve said they plan on reworking Petal with a new kit.

It’s not that hard to create a new hero /or a new skin while I am on it/. I am sure this is something that is well known to some of the fellow members in this forum that works in the IT/gaming industry.

Balancing the said hero will be harder, but with the SEMC balancing and especially of the new heroes (90% of them are not just OP, but brokenly strong) - it’s not a rocket science to “balance” it for release, pumping the stats to be brokenly strong. Only to /try to/ balance it in the following patches.

Edit: but when I can speculate how SEMC code looks and how their workflow goes… maybe for them this all is not valid and they totally face a lot of issues when they try to code it. :smiley:

Idk if that’s supposed to be a /s but idk if is ok to make a profession seem easier when you arent working in that same profession. And as I said it before, some easy kits are easy to make and balance. The same applys to complex kits with how complex they are…

Ooh that’s interesting, may I ask who? Just wanna know out of curiosity cuz I personally think its a cool profession

That really isn’t true. The process includes:

• developing an idea into an initial concept/design
  • having an artist create concept art – this may involve multiple iterations
  • having 3D artists build a model based on the concept art
  • rigging the 3D model
  • developing the animations for the model
  • creating the skin for the model
  • (certain skins may require changes to the model and animation – e.g., legendary skins)
  • testing of the new character under game conditions (i.e., PBE)
  • addressing any issues turned up in testing
  • final optimization of the model and skin for performance (reducing poly count, reducing color depth and UV resolution, etc.)

That is NOT a simple or easy process by any stretch of the imagination. Look how long it takes Blizzard to bring out a new hero for Overwatch – and they have a MASSIVE team compared to SEMC’s.

6 Likes

Look at this!

Lorelai has a badass recall!

6 Likes

That happened because of the palette swap with the ocean blue. Just a recolor.

Edited: I see what you mean now. Atleast it still looks cooler than her default

True, Someone who works in this field too! I can agree to what she/he said… All this have to account for before releasing a hero or a skin!

Capacitor Plate because I haven’t been playing captain Grace much lately :wink: It scales with Fountain, Rook’s Decree, and Crucible, (as well as providing armor, shield, and cooldown) making it a good generic captain item. On most captains it’s a low priority, but on other heroes who have either a barrier or heal, it is usually a lot more important. I’ve always kind of assumed it would be a must for Grace because of her Ult, but her Ult isn’t actually that useful and she needs to devote slots to CP.

Basically I made an assumption, but haven’t had enough success with her as a captain to work out what build is best.

I might play her as a jungler, but I generally don’t play tanky junglers. Inara is my main (either WP or CP), but if not her then I usually go for another hero with high mobility.

I used to play Grace as a captain a lot, but her scaling is rough due to the need to build CP (with other captains you can typically just build utility items, so your build comes together more quickly), and she doesn’t really offer any advantages. Played as a jungler she’s better, and she’s fine in brawl modes since it’s easier to get full builds there, but as a captain there is a long part of the game where either your holy shields and Ult suffer from not building CC, or your utility and durability suffer from not building utility. As a captain, it’s just too hard to afford the amount of items she needs.

2 Likes