EdAWACS Hero Idea: Uzasu

Hey, this is Ciderhelm and welcome to the Vainglory Hero Spotlight, today we will be looking at Uzasu, a ravenous predator who stalks his enemies from beneath the earth.

A terrifying denizen that thrives around the Churn, many cultures speaks of the dreaded Uzas’Ulod, the Tunneling Horror.

Terrible rumors of entire groups traversing near Halcyon Wells showing up empty with only frightened horses.

Whispers of villages left ominously deserted; save for several large tunnels.

LINK TO THE ARTIST

Few have seen this tunneling monstrosity and lived to recount their harrowing tales. They speak of a fleshy tower with a maw of endless teeth exhaling acidic breath that melts through even Gythian Steel. They also speak of its bestial roar, an unnerving bellow, echoing in their memories for eternity.

Most horrific of all, survivors who were not traumatized to insanity recount how the creature assimulates the voice of all it’s previous prey, forever preserving their last moments.

With its primary hunting grounds devoid of any prey big enough for sustenance, Uzazu has now started delving deeper into more untainted territories, spreading terror and destruction in its mindless quest to sustain itself and survive.

The most disturbing aspect of Uzasu is that wherever the man chained to the Churn travels, the abomination follows; spreading the Churn further. Perhaps the Churn Tunneler is more intelligent than suspected.

Ingame, Uzasu is a subterranean horror who lurks just below the surface, setting traps to ensnare his prey while diving in to consume his next meal.

Uzasu’s HEROIC PERK is Insatiable Craving

Uzasu MELTS through 3% of an enemy’s armor & shield with every basic attack. This effect stacks up to 5 times and lasts 5 seconds.

BASE STATS: (Levels 1-12)

Health: 758-2546
Energy: 235-478

Armor: 30-85
Shield: 20-60

Weapon: 78-164
ATK Speed: 100%-135%

Range: 2.2
Movespeed: 3.3

FIRST ABILITY: Excavate

Uzasu instantly burrows UNDERGROUND, reducing movement speed by 1.2 and losing the ability to use basic attacks or active items, except for cams. Uzasu gains a new set of abilities while UNDERGROUND.

• While UNDERGROUND, Uzasu gains invisibility and cannot be revealed by enemy cams and scout traps. However, enemies within 5 meters of Uzasu will be able to see him.

Uzasu can activate Excavate while UNDERGROUND to erupt out of the ground, KNOCKING UP all enemies underneath him dealing crystal damage.

• When used against NEUTRAL monsters, Excavate deals only 50% of the total damage as TRUE DAMAGE.

Overdrive: Excavate cleanses all SLOWS when Uzasu burrows UNDERGROUND.

Cooldown: 10s/9s/8s/7s/6s

Energy Cost: 40/50/60/70/80

Damage: 85/130/175/220/265 CP Ratio: 130% | WP Ratio: 105%

Knock-Up Duration: 0.4s/0.5s/0.6s/0.7s/0.8s

SECOND ABILITY: Tremor Shock/Intrusion

Passive: Uzasu’s abilities leave behind 3-meter radius SINKHOLES on the ground whenever he goes UNDERGROUND or SURFACES. (max. 5 SINKHOLES)

When enemies step on a SINK HOLE, they are REVEALED and ROOTED for 1.2 seconds; destroying the SINKHOLE. Enemies can spot SINKHOLES if they have direct vision of them.

(UNDERGROUND) Tremor Shock:

Uzasu dashes a fixed distance, damaging and DRAGGING all enemies along the path of his dash.

• If Uzasu manages to pin enemies against terrain or a SINK HOLE, they take bonus crystal damage and Uzasu’s next basic attack damages all enemies in a 4-meter circle.

(SURFACE) Intrusion:

Uzasu selects a SINK HOLE anywhere on the map and instantly dashes towards it tunneling UNDERGROUND, consuming the SINKHOLE upon SURFACING at his destination. Usazu’s next basic attack deals AMPLIFIED damage within 3 seconds upon arrival.

• This ability cools down twice as fast whenever Tremor Shock is used.

• If this ability is cast on a SINKHOLE that an enemy hero is ROOTED in, the ROOT duration increases by 1 second and Uzasu basic attacks instantly upon arrival.

Cooldown (Tremor Shock): 11s/10s/9s/8s/7s

Energy Cost: 50/60/70/80/90

Damage: 55/100/155/210/265 CP Ratio: 85% | WP Ratio: 45%

Bonus Damage: 25/60/95/130/165 CP Ratio: 40%

Cooldown (Intrusion): 25s/24s/23s/22s/18s

Energy Cost: 75/75/75/75/0

Damage Amp: 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%

ULTIMATE: Abyssal Horror

Uzasu dashes a fixed distance in the target direction, before erupting from the ground dealing heavy crystal damage to all enemies within a 6-meter radius unleashing a BLOOD-CURDLING ROAR and forming a large SINKHOLE.

• This ability can only be used while Uzasu is UNDERGROUND

• Uzasu is UNSTOPPABLE during his dash.

• Afterwards, Uzasu drags all enemies damaged by Abyssal Horror to the CENTER of the giant SINKHOLE.

• Deals bonus damage to enemies who were ROOTED by a SINKHOLE.

Cooldown: 90s/80s/70s

Energy Cost: 70/80/90

Damage: 280/460/640 CP Ratio: 140%

Bonus Damage: 30%/40%/50%

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING THE UZASU HERO SPOTLIGHT, IF YOU LIKED THIS HERO IDEA DON’T JUST LEAVE A LIKE BUT COMMENT DOWN BELOW AS YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AS WELL AS FEEDBACK REALLY HELPS OUT THE AUTHOR

VAINGLORY IS OFFICIALLY IN CROSS-PLATFORM ALPHA. DOWNLOAD AND PLAY TODAY!

2 Likes

A cooldown too short. Always enjoy your posts. Always very original and fun to read. I love how A can be immune to vision items. Again, cooldown is too short. I’d recommend 10/10/9/8/6.

2 Likes

What about the rest of his abilities and kit @Lebatron and @RiseChu

mmm we complain a lot about mobility in the game and I don’t know if this hero going to be strong or weak as A Melee hero , he looks hard to balance and could be easily broken .

1 Like

Overall its a nice jungler. The TD on his A allows him nice clear and the whole “Tunnel” thing is a fun idea in Vg. The only problem is how you slightly overstacked his kit with some unnecessary (from my eyes) things that really doesnt need to be there. Such as:

Its a nice passive but his first aspect of his passive is strong enough.

Thats not necessary. Its already a global ult and I see that you have the cooldowns increasing per point, its stats and other parts are way to strong for it to be immediately off cd.

640 damage with 140% cp ratio that can be reset? No thx. Just keep it simple because we’ll end up with another hero that would be either broken or weak. Not really a middle ground.

Petal being hard to balance already according to SEMC since she has a complex kit and this hero is even more complex. Just imagine how this would work out.

1 Like

I agree that the ult should not have an instant reset. No hero should, really. Other than that, I like your hero!

1 Like

Actually the ultimate isn’t global. It’s just a fixed distance dash. Sorry if I was unclear on that part. But I can see how you would think his ultimate would be too oppressive. I watched too many scenes from the movie Tremors when I created this hero.

Also @RiseChu I’ve changed his ultimate fundamentally. How does it look now.

Here are several ideas for how I can change this ultimate.

• Make it so that when Uzasu kills an enemy hero with his ultimate, he will pull all other damaged enemy heroes to the center of the damage radius.

• Make him UNSTOPPABLE when dashing with the ultimate. He can still be damaged but he cannot be immobilized when dashing.

• Make it so his ultimate’s cooldown is reduced by 25% when he kills an enemy hero with it (does not stack on multiple heroes killed)

• Reduce the cooldowns of his other abilities by 25% when he kills an enemy hero (does not stack on multiple heroes killed).

• Heals himself based on the remaining health of all enemies he killed.

@coltonJW and @MacAulay what do you think?

Well, I’ve changed his ultimate @Lebatron, as well as some aspects of his kit, what do you think of the change to his ultimate and the proposed changes I plan to implement if his current ultimate is still unbalanced?

Also I tweaked his SURFACED B so that it cooldown is twice as fast when he uses Tremor Shock (his UNDERGROUND second ability) tell me if that’s better or worse.

As usual, I have a few questions.
Firstly, are Sinkholes visible to enemies?

Secondly, this. I don’t get what the mark does, and I’m assuming the “kill threshold” means the hero will die if hit by the ultimate? It’s a bit confusing and can depend on a lot of independant things (heals, barriers, fortified health etc.)

Now to critique.

I don’t like this. Fine, give him invisibility, but he shouldn’t be invisible to scout cams.

This is way too OP. It’s basically a free teleport every 15 or so seconds. Sure, it’s limited to sinkholes, but it’s not exactly difficult to drop a sinkhole near each global objective and one by the turret in each lane, so he can instantly go and assist his teammates or steal a dragon/Kraken from anywhere on the map. There’s a reason Yates’s ult has a ~100 second cooldown.

I really don’t like taking other heroes’ stats. like with the ult, it depends on too many different things. Is their EoH/SM passive active? Do they have a mortal wound? how many stacks does Glaive have? How many stacks does Krul have, and on which hero? If he has 5 stacks on one hero and 3 on another, is that 8 stacks? It’s too complicated.

1 Like

Yes enemies can see Sinkholes

The mark basically means that the enemy will be liable to die to the ultimate with their remaining health.

The idea is that since he is underneath the ground, scout cams cannot detect him. However, flares will still reveal him and enemies within 5 meters of him will be able to see him. It’s meant to play into his role as a stealthy scary jungler.

Hmmm, I see your point. I could make this ability not global and instead, he targets a sinkhole within a fixed distance away from him. Would that be better @MacAulay

He basically gains 150% lifesteal of his primary attack target. If he attacks another one, he will only gain their lifesteal percentage. If he attacks an enemy with item lifesteal he will only gain the base life steal percentage. If he attacks a Krul he will gain lifesteal based on how much lifesteal the Krul has with his passive.

It’s meant to make it so you don’t use sustain heroes to fight him.

1 Like

Reworked Uzasu’s ULTIMATE:

ULTIMATE: Abyssal Horror

Uzasu dashes a fixed distance in the target direction, before erupting from the ground dealing heavy crystal damage to all enemies within a 6-meter radius unleashing a BLOOD-CURDLING ROAR and forming a large SINKHOLE.

• This ability can only be used while Uzasu is UNDERGROUND

• Uzasu is UNSTOPPABLE during his dash.

• Afterwards, Uzasu drags all enemies damaged by Abyssal Horror to the CENTER of the giant SINKHOLE.

• Deals bonus damage to enemies who were ROOTED by a SINKHOLE.

Cooldown: 90s/80s/70s

Energy Cost: 70/80/90

Damage: 280/460/640 CP Ratio: 140%

Bonus Damage: 30%/40%/50%

Dread Dozer now has a much longer cooldown

Cooldown ( Dread Dozer ): 25s/24s/23s/22s/ 18s

Root duration on SINKHOLES reduced

2s —> 1.2s

@MacAulay @RiseChu @coltonJW

1 Like

Unless you limit the number of sinkholes Uzasu can have (like Silvernail’s inactive stakes) it’s still gonna be OP. If you’ve played LoL (I forget) think Rek’sai’s old ult. Pre rework one. That thing had a much larger cooldown.

1 Like

I could limit the number to sinkholes to 5 on the map. How does that sound? At most I would say he could have 7 sinkholes. Each sinkhole is 3 meters wide.

I’m sticking with 5 sinkholes as a conservative number. However I will keep the global range.

That’s much better. That way, you have to decide whether to create new ones to take advantage of your underground abilities, or leaving the ones that are there so you can teleport to them. Much more balanced.

2 Likes

What about his new ultimate? What do you think about it?

Seems alright to me, it’s powerful, but it has a cooldown to match, and does require a bit of coordination.

1 Like