Hello, everyone, this is EdAWACSdenyY and welcome to the Vainglory hero spotlight, today we will be looking at Irene, a Nephalorax manipulator that spawns parasites to influence her enemy’s actions and dominate their minds.
A broker of information, Irene preys on the psyche and manipulates people with her Neuroxite gestates. For her its all about control. It is due to her Nephaorax biology and general disposition that makes her an excellent interrogator. No matter how strong-willed a person or being, she can crack through the shell and slurp up the juicy insides. but working behind the scenes just wouldn’t cut it anymore so it was time to step out of the shadows.
On the Rise, Irene fulfills the role of a mid-range control mage who births parasitic offspring to manipulate and control her enemies to do the dirty work for her.
PASSIVE: The Nerve of You
Whenever Irene kills a minion or monster, they will spawn a Neuroxite creature at random. Enemy heroes that Irene kills ALWAYS spawn a Neuroxite.
- Neuroxites don’t do anything on their own, but they do interact with Irene’s abilities, stealth when in brush and grant vision in a small area around them.
- Each Neuroxite lingers on the field for 14 seconds before dying. Neuroxites can be killed by hitting them with an ability or basic attack 4 times.
- Irene’s auto attacks are globules of mucus which deal crystal damage that scales with her overall crystal power.
A: Infection Vector
Irene picks up a Neuroxite with her tentacles and places it in stasis. She then hurls the Neuroxite to a target location. If it doesn’t land on an enemy hero the Neuroxite does nothing. However, if the Neuroxite lands onto an enemy hero it will latch onto them infecting them. An infected hero is slowed and takes crystal damage.
- Neuroxites latched onto enemy heroes expire 1 second faster.
B: Remote Apoptosis
Irene targets an area around a Neuroxite-infected hero forcing them to move to that area and basic attack an enemy hero, minion or monster within that area (if there is an enemy within range). Irene cannot force an infected hero to use abilities or abilities that count as basic attacks.
Irene can reactivate this ability to issue a telepathic command to all Neuroxite-infected enemy heroes near her, causing the Neuroxites attached to them to rupture violently dealing crystal damage in an area around the infected hero.
Overdriving Remote Apoptosis causes rupturing Neuroxites to release corrosive digestive juices dealing continuous light crystal damage to all enemies caught in the rupture’s splash radius.
ULTIMATE: Mass Hypnosis
Irene unleashes her tentacles latching onto every Neuroxite-infected enemy hero near her TETHERING them to her dealing continuous crystal damage. If enemies do not break out of Irene’s TETHER in 4 seconds, she will CHARM every tethered Neuroxite infected hero for 1.5 seconds dealing crystal damage each second.
- Enemies who are CHARMED will slowly move towards Irene, unable to perform any other actions.
Irene can only activate her ultimate when there are at least 2 Neuroxite-infected heroes near her field of vision.
- All Neuroxites attached to heroes Irene latched onto are put in stasis for 2 seconds.
- Each rank in Irene’s ultimate passively increases the number of Neuroxites spawned from Irene’s heroic Perk.