Dragalia Lost: Discussion and Summon Cheers

It came out for the 1st anniversary IIRC, so it is a bit limited on the art compared to the game now. The art only goes up to the first batch of summer characters with some exceptions like GMars’s that got used later on. That being said though, the book itself is pretty big, really high quality, and it’s a little over 300 pages. It near all the art up the to cutoff point I mentioned, including all the characters in their 5* arts (including the unused ones like Zethia, and non-gala versions of Sarisse and Mym, as well as the FEH characters) , all the dragons, full raid boss art, wyrmprints, story art, a few of the minis comics, and some of the general promo art. Besides all that, I really enjoyed seeing all the concept art they included. It has a lot for the main cast, especially Euden, and some for the dragons with how they adapted some of the Knights of Glory designs for the game, plus a few different designs of Mars.
Here are a few pics of the art it has if you’re curious:

Overall, even if it might more or less be a display item that’ll sit on my shelf that I’ll only look through from time to time, I’m super happy with the book and I absolutely think it was worth getting!

2 Likes

That dragon concept art, love seeing process work even if it’s just a little but given at times, and that toad/dragon art lol. That’s a hefty amount of art for when this book was released, I wonder if they’ll do another art book release for the other new characters/prints/dragons and bosses that have been added after what this book covers.
This art book is very packed, it’s definitely a cool art book

1 Like

They slowed down on the merchandise a bit (tho it’s probably due to all the bad, non-game related stuff that happened last year) bc they mostly just released new acrylic stands and small items compared to the artbook, plushies, DAOKO album, etc. in the first year, but I rlly hope they do make a second artbook eventually too. I wonder what kind of concept art they would have for stuff like the Capcom collabs and all of the new characters from the new story arc.

1 Like

oh completely forgot that the collab with mh would be put in a second art book, the concept art for the hunter adventurers would be cool to see.

Also didn’t know they had made much merch in the first year before the bad year that was last year happened. I just looked up merch from this and oh that zodiark plush is is cute. I wanna see more plushies of dragons now! Giovanni would be funny and cute as a plush

1 Like

The ingame preview scheduled in a few days for the collab was just datamined with today’s download and :eyes:

Obvious spoilers

The event looks even more cool already and it seems like Sophie will be the F2P unit for the raid, so that’s nice. The image on the right side shows Ann and Morgana and they look rlly nice just from the views of their sides! The event is confirmed for the 31st and will last until Feb 19, so I can’t wait during the last 10 days till the collab!

1 Like

Oh I want Morgan
Oh what I’m really excited for during this collab will be persona music, I want some funky p5 music playing in the menu!

1 Like

I’m rlly interested to see what they do with their kits, especially when they already showed that Joker has his own unique combo and gun FS and Ann and Sophie have their unique weapons. Plus Morgana could be interesting bc of how he could be an offense character that can heal like summer Amane with how he’s intended to be a healer in P5.
I’m looking forward to the new homescreen changes to with how P5 has a cool aesthetic in general and they have a lot of good songs to replace the regular themes with.

1 Like

The full info on the collab is out on the promo site! Some of the standouts from it are reveals of Ann and Morgana, Sophie being confirmed as the F2P unit, art for the collab stickers and prints being shown off, and most importantly, free daily multis on the collab banner for a week!
A gameplay trailer is out as well!

I honestly didn’t know I could be more hyped for the collab, but seeing all the new art and with my spark being guaranteed now, I’m beyond looking forward to the day of the collab!

1 Like

Morgana is a wind character, why is it most the characters and dragons I like wind lol, I barely have any water characters I like

Also Zorro looking cool, pithos I don’t understand lol

2 Likes

Lmao that sounds like me with having too much Dark and Light compared to the trio.

1 Like

I hope you can manage to pull some of the water characters you want from all the free pulls on the collab. I’m not sure if it matters to you tho, but a decent amount of the meta adventurers for water are actually 4* ones like Pipple, regular Elly, and especially Karina bc they’re rlly strong supports that have good personal damage in the cases of Pipple and Elly and Karina is generally just the water meta itself due to how she’s become the most broken adventurer after 2.0.

1 Like

I don’t bother with meta, or at least I don’t for now but it is interesting to know pipple and karina are in for water characters. I do have them both but I just don’t like karina lol, especially her English voice it’s so annoying to me. Eventually I’ll get more water characters I like and more water dragons in general

1 Like

Yeah meta choices aren’t rlly necessary at all outside of legend agito for consistent clears. As long as you have some idea what you’re doing and are decently prepped enough, pretty much everything up to the master agitos and I think endgame Morsayati can be done with your favorites. A lot of the water dragons are rlly useful especially now that some of the strongest general pool ones like Siren and Leviathan have farmable unbinds. I would say the bunny dragon is worth investing sunstones into bc of how useful it is if you can manage to pull it. It’s skill is pretty much the entire reason that dragons are getting element-locked in legend agito bc Volk is easy to cheese with it lol.

1 Like

Lol I’ve got like 4 different dragons only that are 4 star above in water element, had finally got a 5 star not that long ago which was leviathan. I was so happy I got leviathan at that point and cool to know it is indeed a strong pick.

And yea meta doesn’t really matter till like end game really hard stuff so I don’t really bother with it, but still nice to know what those up to that hard content are using. Looked up bunny dragon, holy I can see why it’s good, it’s derpy cute looking but real useful if yea you can get it

1 Like

The info on the Persona characters and banners is out now! Unfortunately they did split the banners between Joker/Mona and Ann on her own with Arsene featured on both…

Needless to say though, these banners are absolutely worth summoning on. All 3 adventurers have EXTREMELY strong kits that work perfectly for their agito fights with Joker and Mona having some of the best coabs in the game and Arsene effectively being a better Gala Cat.
As tempting as Ann is, I think I’m gonna spark on the first banner bc that one is a much better value and I rlly want Joker. My plan is to use 240 of my current 300 summons stashed up on the first one for the discounted spark and use the rest for Ann.
Also, on another note, I’m rlly liking how they’re handling the legend agitos. Legend Kai is a pretty fun fight and I like how they gave him a completely new mechanic and modified some of his old mechanics for it.
1 Like

Damn that’s a lot of summons you got. These skills and abilities are looking real nice plus the whole persona gauge mechanic is gonna be fun, definitely gonna try get Mona, might try get panther if I haven’t used much to get Mona but I honestly do expect to use a good amount for Mona cuz rng lol

1 Like

Yeah I immediately started saving once the collar got datamined lol. The only non-free summons I’ve done since then were 2 multis on the kimono gala remix bc KElly and GMym being featured was too tempting for me. I at least got KLuca off that so they weren’t wasted summons and the collab itself should give like 3 or 4 summons worth of currency excluding the regular dailies/login bonuses anyways.
Even if all of them seem like they’re definitely gonna be top tier, I actually think Mona is the best one on the banners next to Arsene. His coabs are gonna make him an auto-include on wind DPS backlines and his kit focusing on crits and having free teamwide healing with Zorro up is rlly strong, especially when crit builds are pretty common now with doublebuff comps and his healing will rlly useful for Ciella when she has forced damage in her fight. Joker and Ann are still gonna be rlly good though with Joker possibly being able to be a safer replacement to Bellina or at least strong meta pick for master/legend Kai bc of how he has a dispel which is mandatory for the fights and he could probably run FS-based builds to speed up the berserk phase of legend Kai and Ann being a solid choice for master/legend Volk as well and her chain coab being rlly useful when flame has quite a few units that are dragon-based and Mars could be abused even more with it. Her main coab is a bit weak rn though bc there’s only 4 units including her that can apply scorchrend without a shared skill. It could be more useful later on though when more scorchrend units get added.

1 Like

COLLAB IS UP NOW AND AAAAAA
I MANAGED TO PULL JOKER, MONA, AND ARSENE! I only used 190 summons from my stash, so I’m beyond happy when I have some for Ann now!

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome, you got all the persona characters up so far, damn. After entering the event page it let’s you try out joker, he’s really fun. I sort of want to try get him but for now I’m fine with mona, I managed to get mona in a handful 10 ticket tries. I dunno if I will try for panther or not but for now I’m more than happy that I got mona.

1 Like

Oo that’s nice that you managed to get what you wanted as well! I haven’t used them too much yet bc I’ve been farming more with my usual boss melting team, but from what I have used of them, they definitely live up to the hype. Both of them are REALLY strong and are definitely rlly useful for endgame content.
I’ve rlly been enjoying the event overall so much! I was pretty surpsied with how many songs from Scramble they were able to get for the event, the story is pretty cool, and the event is super stacked with rewards. With how high the droprates for mats, especially rainbow orbs, are, I’m planning on dumping most of my honey/wings into the event to build up a good stash of resources.

1 Like