Does Gwen have any down sides?

Her downside is that she is a little bit of a squish

Seems to indicate, that there is no down side… :crazy_face:

Gwen is arguably the easiest carry to play in Vainglory and I think she rewards a little too much for how easy she is to play currently.

1 Like

She is really strong right now both as a function of her kit and as a function of how people have moved towards full glass cannon builds.

Her primary downside is she is very squishy so any of the traditional divers do well into her - Taka, Fortress, Koshka, Alpha, BF, Reza etc. However if she positions well in 5v5 it can be very hard for divers to get on her to blow her up.

2 Likes

Right now, the best solution is either to hit her with something who’s flat out also OP (Koshka D:), to run assassins who have good damage and tankiness (Koshka D:) or to shut her down with a SAW in her lane alongside an aggressive ganking jungler to keep the other lanes ramping (Koshka D:)

Do you see the pattern here?
Yes, that’s right. The ultimate Gwen counter is…
Joule.

THUNDER, THUNDER, THUNDERSTRIKE

4 Likes

She is squishy and her main form of survivability is a cleanse and speed boost, meaning that if you really want to kill her, just chase her and stagger the CC.

My definition of counter is. Skarrf counters saw. Good teamwork counter sounds effy, because good teamwork rarely exists in solo queue, and good teamwork is literally the layman answer to everything. Taka could counter Gwen, perhaps wp flicker could too but if she positions well and the support does his or her Job, she is unstoppable

She’s pretty potato.

Her shotgun perk/thing was buffed favorably, (more range) but her B still remains useless and her A was nerfed into uselessness.

-A no longer slows
-A does 0 damage
-B only works on movement-impairing effects, it isn’t a full RB. (this means slice and dice kills her just as easy as ringo)
-B passive often times is disabled by combat
-C has a really small range and a ridiculously small width to cause stun. It’s CD is also high.

Though I may be missing something, imo she’s still potato. With that range buff, she would have been good as baron but she still is vulnerable to status effects and has low team utility.

A most certainly DOES do damage. There is a slow that is based on WP (20%) as the table shows.

Uhhhhhhhh so

Her A slow scales with WP, and it certainly still does good damage.

It still allows her to avoid CC and reset her speed. It gives her more potential to skip defence items.

Her C range got buffed to be about the edge of your screen for distance. It’s pretty insane. Plus, the hotbox is pretty inconsistently large.

1. Baron isn’t particularly good right now. He dies easily in lane and can’t really fight without WP buff. Generally requires a camp from the captain.
  2. She has the highest team utility for a sniper in the game. She has higher utility than every assassin. Hell, she might have more utility than most of the mages. Constant slows and her sniper card can lock down whole enemy teams.

I think you’re missing something.

4 Likes

Your answer is better than mine. But I’ll leave mine for the picture. :lyra:

3 Likes

Honestly, if you go wp, she doesn’t do much AOE, if you go crystal, she doesn’t do much single target damage. She also lacks sustain.

Woah totally missed the 20% ratio. I don’t remember it having one, only a base slow. Thought it was removed recently. As for baron being bad, that’s news for me. I don’t play 5v5 but in 3v3 he’s decent. Also, it’s undeniable gwen is utterly useless against assassins (like taka.)

65% wp ratio isn’t great btw. May not be 0 damage but it’s pretty awful

Dive her while activating RB for her ult. Alpha, bf, fortress do well into her. Also assassins

She is squishy as hell and her core damage comes from bursts. Avoid her first shot/ult and engage she goes down quickly.

Many heroes are too strong:
Vox
Saw
Koshka
Gwen
Grace
Alpha
Joule
Krul
Lance
Ardan

So no I have no particular problem with gwens power lvl.

Krul however needa his speed to be nerfed to hell.
He is a timewraith instead of a zombie (Flash reference)…

She is really squishy and once you avoid the initial burst any assassin can delete her. Having a free reflex block isn’t any use against damage from a taka, reza or idris. Taka, reza and idris are particularly good into Gwen because they have reflex blocks(reza and idris Ult sorta) in their kit to negate gwens stun and have enough burst to destroy her. Just know what to build (very important) and burst her

1 Like

Gwen is pretty ridiculous this update.

Most assassins can take her down though. Ozo, BF, Koshka, and Taka shouldn’t have too much trouble with her.

But yeah, most carries will struggle against her. She hits too hard and moves to fast.

Her boomstick was buffed by CD reduction not range.
This means every second she gets a 40% buff to her basic attack (well close to 1 second).

She has a built in escape which makes her a- fast and b- able to escape stuns and CC, perfect for escaping pesky stuns early on. Plus her A both slows and reveals enemies when it lands.

She has an ult which stuns (only WP range carry to have this) which when chained with a boomstick and TB proc pretty much ends a targets life. It also got a massive buff to its range.

“As good as Baron” that had me laughing shell wipe the floor with Baron, at 6 minutes she’ll be hitting like a truck with only a TB, I’d happily trade shots with anyone in the fold at this point even saw because I’ll outburst DMG him.

You’ve seriously underestimated her perk, a 40% ratio on a ridiculous cooldown, suggest you actually play her because your comments seem to suggest you don’t understand any of her kit.

To be honest name me a lane carry an assassin can’t 1v1… this isnt saying much, they’re designed to burst down squishy targets.

Gwen is not only one of the fastest hero’s on the fold, she has a free reflex block (great to escape Koshka), a slow and a reveal with her A. If you’ve not escaping an assassin by slowing then dropping your B you’ve over extended in the lane and deserve to die.

1 Like