Do we need a 4th ability for each hero

Yes if SEMC was a team 10 times the size they are. If they started work on that it would take a year before it was ready, namely because they’d have to release all of them in one update otherwise some heroes would have 3 and others 4. The design, testing, and then balancing would be a MASSIVE undertaking.

3 Likes

Honestly? No, it’ll throw out all the balancing, the screens alr day getting clustered so we really don’t need more activatables in game.

1 Like

the jump range changes as well iirc

A 4th ability, nah. Being able to choose a different ult? Maybe yeah. Could spice things up when it comes to strategy. Seems a long, looong way off though.

What could be if SEMC add 4th skills to game for every hero? What do you guys think about it ? Would it be good or bad?

1 Like

Malestorm of imbalance.

This text will be blurred

2 Likes

This has been suggested so many times… Adding a 4th skill to every hero is basically creating a new game, not gonna happen

2 Likes

Not really needed and sounds like an additional balancing headache for SEMC

4 Likes

Do you mean all heroes are gettin jealous of Malene’s Ultimate?

7 Likes

@Nivmett 's workload would increase 10x

1 Like

Than she would be bumped to 7 abilities instead of 5

1 Like

I need to quote myself here, from another post:

Or we ask our mods to shut down an exact copy thread.

@S1lenT if you use the search function you would have found that this thread already exists. I know you are somewhat new here so that’s ok. Now you know :wink:

1 Like

Merging the two topics … [waves wand]

2 Likes

Skidaddle skidoodle…

Fort is now a poodle

1 Like

No but create more abilities for lyra so she can bully. Hehe

Really bad because as someonesaid, i would affect the gameplay and the gamestyle of VG

Hmm I will leave this response here. SO there are numerous blockers on this. While I have seen several people mention “the style of VG” and this is true there are many more actual blockers first. One is UI obviously we have limited screen space with mobile devices and adding an extra button is less area that is actually visual. Aside from having to change code the whole game is built off. (Which comes with a lot of issues in itself) Second is probably the most impacting. We have roughly 40 heroes in our game. Each of these would require

1. Create the abilities
  2. Code the new abilities (This gets tricky if it requires new tech)
  3. Make sure your new ability fits in the design
  4. animate them
  5. Create PFX (PFX and animation is particularly tough on us since we don’t have many of those and two these take some serious time.)
  6. Playtest them
  7. Fix any bugs around them.
    So to just “add” another ability to every hero is fun to talk about but unfortunately is not something that easy or realistic to just add at least not anytime soon.
2 Likes

Don’t forget some skins have animation changes so those need their own

Fourth ability is the perk, silly :slight_smile: