Deleting Accounts

Is it at all possible to delete a forum account here? Just asking for future reference.

Or present reference, we’ll see.

Not by yourself you would need @admins help

Not again flibber, not again dammit

The people here are nice, but the game is dreadful and I want to separate myself from it completely which means I need to get out of here immediately.

Dachi, I’m not feeling too good.

1 Like

You could just change your password to something you wont remember

While accounts less than 60 days old can be deleted, Discourse is set up to handle users who want to leave in a different fashion: by anonymizing them. That means that the account name and email are changed to something like “AnonymousXXXX” (where X is some random number); that leaves that person’s posts intact but removes their username from them. That account can never be used to log in again, so the “anonymize” function is irreversible.

1 Like

Hypothetically if someone were to request that done to their account, would that be something you’d be able to do?

Yep, sure. Don’t mind these extra 30 characters over here.

What happens to the user profile when this is done? Just so I should know if I’d need to clear my things or not.

The user profile should show only the generic info of the anonymized user – I’ve not tried it to confirm that, however, but that’s how it’s supposed to work.

Well, I suppose now is your chance to figure that out. Would you please do me a favour, and anonymize my account? I want to split myself from the game completely and this is something that would need to happen in order for me to achieve my goal. It’s been nice here though. I’ve gave the forum crap every now and then, but overall it’s a nice place. I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

2 Likes

Truly hate to see you go, but I’ll take care of it for you.

2 Likes

Moment of silence for the fallen brother

5 Likes