Cutest. Dragon. Ever. It’s the Legendary ‘Rainbow’ Skaarf!

Isn’t it for battlepass only? What about people that don’t have battlepass(and can’t afford it) , but still want the skin :thinking:

Where is it stated that it’s for battle pass holders only?

So another 3 skins for a hero with like 8 skins already?

Meanwhile Lorelai and Malene have nothing.

And several other heroes only have rares.

I like the concept I hate the planning…
The skins themselves are nice though

1 Like

Why does Samuel have 2 skins, Ozo 1, and Reza 2… Samuel is out for 2 years if I’m not mistaken… I personally dislike the skin, it doesn’t fit a dragon that wants to conquer the world(although it’s a baby dragon, mg statement still applies)

Because Samuel default is the only skin he needs and Evolution is lit anyways I don’t see why anyone would prefer any new skins coming for him if they already have Evolution. Reza has been here since 2.7(?) not even that long and he just received a skin. Ozo, people just need to play him I’m sure SEMC has tons of ideas for him but don’t want to release because he is fairly unpopular. Skaarf skin is great and it can lead to more rainbow themed skins (anyone up for Rainbow Glaive?)

Rainbow Glaive would ruin him for me. He inly gets serious skins and it should stay that way

Lol I believe skins to be an opportunity for a hero to be someone else not just them wearing different clothes and by the way this Skaarf skin is actually pretty close to his original concept, he is a dragon who is destined for destroying the world. He is still just a baby.

4 Likes

Skaarf is strong as hell as a baby alone, once he grows up he’ll drown an entire town in oil and fire. How will this kitten manage that xD

I personally love a new sam skin and would buy it instantly honestly… but I shall wait for the time to come instead of rushing.

Having his Afterburn being a quick rainbow trail and his Ult being a rainbow swirl sounds great but the effects are probably not gonna be as nice as this Skaarf skin, the goop has a reflection (or some sort of effect) on it which just makes it so visually appealing. Everytime I kill a Skaarf with that skin I will hope they leave me a goop that is unlit to stand on, because it really is just that cool.

So, I actually really enjoy that most VG heroes have conflicting elements to them, in their physical designs and lore… Skaarf is a baby dragon, but ridiculously powerful. Celeste has command of the cosmos, but says things like “I quite like peanut butter,” Catherine is noticably under-dressed and visually vulnerable, yet has a perk designed to make her a human shield, Phinn is a hulking brute, but quite well-mannered… etc etc etc.

I like skins that riff on that difference. Making Skaarf a kitten just amplifies how tiny and adorable he is, yet the over-the-top effects on his abilities highlight how destructive and impactful he can be. I dig it.

7 Likes

Skaarf is interpretable as many things, at first glance he is a cute thing, at second an annoying firefly. You can do many things with him, but I highly dislike skins like this… Why not give him something more masculine, at least to honor him.

If I was a dragon that wants to destroy the world, then I wouldn’t like people making fanfictions about how I’m a flying kitten lol

Its available normally but the BP users get one free with the BP.

Do we actually know that Skaarf wants to destroy the world? I thought he was just a baby dragon that likes to burn things, and doesn’t have an opinion about what people call him, so long as he gets to start fires.

2 Likes

I did read that he wants to destroy the world somewhere, it was Vainglory official I believe

I can’t find anything in the official Skaarf lore. It’s all in third-person, anyway, so we wouldn’t know his intention. Maybe you’re thinking of Adagio, who gets dragon eggs from Lorelai, to reset human civilization every millenia?

Sorry, it wasn’t destroying the world, it was world domination
Edit: It’s said in the hero spotlight of skaarf “A little baby dragon that seeks world domination”

The little guy speaks dragon he can be saying “gimme Gwen” to “bake me a cake” who knows everything that is related to him in the lore is all in 3rd person the dude is cute af too just the way he acts. This skin is amazing too and I always find the best skins in characters who are super serious but are put in a bunny costume or something as a meme. This isn’t ruining his design whatsoever he is still awesome, if you don’t like it its ok but at least accept some of the things being said about Skaarf and his world domination persona, no reason to be so stubborn.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, domination is a little different than destruction, but I see what you were saying. I wonder what a baby dragon would actually want, if he had dominion over the world…? An endless supply of kebab maybe?

1 Like

Seriously do current BP holders get one for free? Lmao that would be pretty neat.