Celestial Shroud mechanics and interactions

Yeah I understand you can’t completely make him useless but on the other hand you mentioned other things. Shroud ignoring those things without downside for a few seconds might make a huge difference.

It also blocks treants root, and dragon’s mortal wounds, for free as no non hero deals ability damage.

2 Likes

Oh shit so basically use it to counter Krul and Reim, but also works really well on Krul (and any hero that suffers from AP)

Are you telling me Epic talent Kensei is basically immortal?

why can lyra not basic attack him but malene Celeste and lorelai can?

Against reim it works awesomely as it also offers shield, against krul… he usually uses his A too, so he would trigger it, it gives you more time to react. It also ends sight the classic tank of throwing the ult from the bush as you don’t need to react.

Yes, as long as his cooldown is less than the invulnerability duration.

It only blocks her slow (when roam). The damage still applies.

1 Like

You need to make him impossible to land his B and then proc the celestia shroud, after that you can try to kill him but… this means that cc cant be used against him

Which as long as there is something to attack, it can’t be done. And people were complaining about kestrel and Ardan, hahahahaha.

So if you have this thing, what’s the point of Aegis? I mean I suppose you can’t save the Shroud for a later ability, but still it seems a little like a passive Aegis to me.

In regard to actually deciding when to buy the item, I find it’s mostly just a counter to heavy crystal damage, basic attack or otherwise. The specific perk interactions feel secondary to the 95 shield, though still very useful.

It feels really good paired with metal jacket on a melee, where for once you feel way way tankier than backlines who opted for just an Aegis. melee heroes also tend to take better advantage of the perk as it helps you survive an engage without getting interrupted. Into heavy cc it also works well with an Aegis ,assuming you are ok with taking heavy AA damage. That actually feels like the best use of the item to me, Shroud + Aegis is a really hard counter to cc heavy comps. It’s hard to overstate how hard it is to pin you down.

It can be triggered easily, unless in brawl modes with kensei’s epic. For blocking CC aegis is still the best item.

I’m trying this as soon as I get home. Pretty sure I have Kensei’s epic.

I agree, I don’t expect those scenarios to appear often, so if anyone is thinking of buying it for those interactions, it’s a bad idea. I just find those interactions are interesting to consider. For example reim needs to find another way to engage against ranged heroes. Vox needs to be careful and roams need to be sure it’s triggered before trying to apply AP/SS/PW. It also means that using the crucible to protect someone with CS is a waste until it’s triggered.

28 posts were split to a new topic: Reim Discussion

Guest, we have to test the BS and the Nulwave Gauntlet lol. I expect the, to get nullified by the celestial shroud too

1 Like

Tested! Edited already. New interactions added.
3030303p

So if it is on CD does it still passively block those things or only if not wasted?

Only if not wasted.

Wow celestial shroud look ridiculously broken
Now we have to deal with this item + ageis or slumbering husk you literally be avoiding ridiculous amount of damage

1 Like

Thanks gat for uploading this…
Item looks unhealthy af, not sure if op but really toxic and annoying. A lot of interactions got messed up because of this and while some say you can just poke and put it on cd (which is insanely short imo) it already compromises your whole playstyle and some picks just don’t have the tools to deal with it.

Having to waste one of your tools (abilities) just for a chance to deal with someone wearing it is kinda toxic. After seeing all the interactions in the video that items seems just rushed and barely tested, if at all.

I expect a nerf, delet like echo or rework idk, anyways that’s just my opinion, what’s yours?

1 Like