Celestial Shroud mechanics and interactions

You need to make him impossible to land his B and then proc the celestia shroud, after that you can try to kill him but… this means that cc cant be used against him

Which as long as there is something to attack, it can’t be done. And people were complaining about kestrel and Ardan, hahahahaha.

So if you have this thing, what’s the point of Aegis? I mean I suppose you can’t save the Shroud for a later ability, but still it seems a little like a passive Aegis to me.

In regard to actually deciding when to buy the item, I find it’s mostly just a counter to heavy crystal damage, basic attack or otherwise. The specific perk interactions feel secondary to the 95 shield, though still very useful.

It feels really good paired with metal jacket on a melee, where for once you feel way way tankier than backlines who opted for just an Aegis. melee heroes also tend to take better advantage of the perk as it helps you survive an engage without getting interrupted. Into heavy cc it also works well with an Aegis ,assuming you are ok with taking heavy AA damage. That actually feels like the best use of the item to me, Shroud + Aegis is a really hard counter to cc heavy comps. It’s hard to overstate how hard it is to pin you down.

It can be triggered easily, unless in brawl modes with kensei’s epic. For blocking CC aegis is still the best item.

I’m trying this as soon as I get home. Pretty sure I have Kensei’s epic.

I agree, I don’t expect those scenarios to appear often, so if anyone is thinking of buying it for those interactions, it’s a bad idea. I just find those interactions are interesting to consider. For example reim needs to find another way to engage against ranged heroes. Vox needs to be careful and roams need to be sure it’s triggered before trying to apply AP/SS/PW. It also means that using the crucible to protect someone with CS is a waste until it’s triggered.

28 posts were split to a new topic: Reim Discussion

Guest, we have to test the BS and the Nulwave Gauntlet lol. I expect the, to get nullified by the celestial shroud too

1 Like

Tested! Edited already. New interactions added.
3030303p

So if it is on CD does it still passively block those things or only if not wasted?

Only if not wasted.

Wow celestial shroud look ridiculously broken
Now we have to deal with this item + ageis or slumbering husk you literally be avoiding ridiculous amount of damage

1 Like

Thanks gat for uploading this…
Item looks unhealthy af, not sure if op but really toxic and annoying. A lot of interactions got messed up because of this and while some say you can just poke and put it on cd (which is insanely short imo) it already compromises your whole playstyle and some picks just don’t have the tools to deal with it.

Having to waste one of your tools (abilities) just for a chance to deal with someone wearing it is kinda toxic. After seeing all the interactions in the video that items seems just rushed and barely tested, if at all.

I expect a nerf, delet like echo or rework idk, anyways that’s just my opinion, what’s yours?

1 Like

There was already a thread…

The item really do seems quite strong, especially vs some heroes that can’t proc it easily. We will see how it fairs in the all balance changes tho + I am sure they will tweak it sooner than later if it really is OP.

To be honest Shroud doesn’t seem that strong. Annoying and kinda broken mechanic yes but OP no. At least for now. I say broken because even if intended it doesn’t say it should be blocking so much stuff for free. It’s weird. Anyway so far I never had problem against anyone using shroud.

2 Likes

Yesterday I faced in 3v3 the comp of Celeste, Joule and Lance, and even with Aegis, Celestial Shroud and Crucible we were destroyed by CC due to the new changes on reflexblock. If they root you or something, you can no longer use your reflex, so they just chain us CC to death. I don’t know why the hell they needed more reflex. The celestial Shroud is useful in certain situation, but against heavy CC comps definitely doesn’t help much, but is the best option you have to defend from that kind of comps though.

2 Likes

Her A doesn’t apply basic attack effects anymore.

It still does. She doesn’t apply ability effects such as FB or SF.

1 Like