Kinetic: Builds, Playstyle, and Discussion

“Let’s see what this baby can do.”

Welcome to the forum-built introduction to Kinetic, part of our #guides series! If you’re new to Kinetic and would like an overview, you’re in the right place! You’ll find builds, playstyle tips, and other resources by clicking the links below.

BUILDS
PLAYSTYLE TIPS
OTHER RESOURCES
DISCUSSION: 4.3

If you’d like to contribute, please do! These posts are wikis that forum members can edit. Post your builds and playstyle tips! But don’t make it too detailed. The goal is a quick, easy-to-browse overview for players who are new to this hero. You may want to check out our other hero #guides for examples!

This thread is also for discussion, so feel free to reply with comments and questions about Kinetic and the builds and tips posted here.

Kinetic Builds

Sustain build (:vgroles_carry_bot:)

CORE:
:vgitem_serpentmask: :vgitem_breakingpoint: :vgitem_bonesaw:

SITUATIONAL:
:vgitem_spellsword:
:vgitem_halcyonchargers: / :vgitem_journeyboots:
:vgitem_aegis: / :vgitem_slumberinghusk:

Explanation

As the title says, is a sustain build for dueling in bot against the top laner and to sustain in teamfights. :vgitem_spellsword: is really good to maintain stacks and is my preference, however, you can change it for an extra defensive item if you need it.

added by @VaKTaBi, update 4.3

add more builds here

Kinetic Playstyle Tips

Bot Lane WP
Farm save from the beginning, most top laners are earlygame heroes whose damage will be higher than yours.

Use your A to poke from a safe distance or just to help you clear lane, if you are not sure you will hit the enemy laner, use it against your minions, it grants you stacks that increases your damage. If you miss it, you will loose all your stacks.

Her B+A combo is a great disengage combo, so if the enemy decides to gank you, use it to slow them and put distance.

Fighting against Baron: you should be aggressive, if you let him hit you and you don’t punish him, you will loose that fight. Don’t be afraid of his damage, Kinetic can outdamage him if she doesn’t miss her A. Use your BA combo to get in range and stun him. In teamfights Kinetic needs to rush Baron, otherwise she will get deleted by him.

Use your Ult once you have max stacks and the enemy is low health, you can use it from a safety position thanks to its range.

Note: I’m not an expert of Kinetic, so other people may provide better builds or tips.

added by @VaKTaBi, update 4.3

add more tips here

Other Kinetic Resources

Wallpapers
Voice Lines
Lore

Official Hero Spotlight:

I keep meaning to learn how to play Kinetic, but never quite get around to it… hoping people can add some good builds and tips. Is CP stronger these days? And how do I link up the ability combos?

CP is not what we can say “meta”, is an off meta mid hero really good to get out of that static meta. She might not be as strong as the meta mid laners but is certainly fun to play.