Captains in 3.8 - Suck or No?

I’ve been finding captains more enjoyable in 3v3 than in 5v5 since the patch — It’s really just the economy. In 3v3 the captain never needs to roam far from the gold earners, so it’s still possible to build decently. 5v5 is really only comfortable if the center lane needs no help (so they’re able to last-hit efficiently) and if the captain never goes to help the top or bottom lanes.

I think the patch was aimed at nerfing the tanky brawlers by pricing defenses beyond them, but they tend to be tanky based on their kits anyway. A captain needs a big variety of utility and defensive items, but the captain also needs to give up a lot of income.

2 Likes

Sigh. SMEC keeps learning this lesson.

Keep nerfing around the bush until they actually fix the problem.

Give it a couple months to realize nerfing captains instead of flask was a bad thing to do…

Man I have the same thing , even in the old forum , I can’t make a salt mine thread for the salt , the way I complain always need explanation so I explain myself and use appropriate words , so it can actually easily fit in the general instead of the salt mine but I don’t know hehehe .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.