Can we have a new topic called "Show your match making disasters"?

I’d argue that a T5-6 player might have a fair shot if there is coordination. Though I didn’t realize there were T2-3, which you would be right about, the lack of mechanical skill would not be made up for with team play.

While it’s true that mechanical skill is important (my whole team once got destroyed by a POA grumpjaw), with 4 other players and teamwork skills being major in 5vs5, I believe it’s possible for some rank inflation since there’s a chance the other team may lack coordination and the other can have an excess of it. Also mechanically superior players on the same team may be able to “carry” a mechanically inferior player.

Assumptions are a bad thing. One is that I never played any other MOBA while I played DOTA from the first releases, LOL and a little of DOTA2. Also tried other PC and mobile MOBAS, but I count only those I played extensively. Second is to think t9, t10 players(not boosted) are only mechanical skills and nothing more.

Ofc, but there is a max skill gap where teamplay can beat mechanically better opposing team. Coordinared t5 can’t beat unorganized t10 team… not to mention that you will have hard time to find t6-t7+ tier players that won’t follow atleast basic macro play, i.e. the whole discussion is around scenario that wont happen in real practice and if it does - the matchmaker f it up again puting players where they should not be.

I did not say nothing but mechanical just majority mechanical in 3v3

I suppose thats true but I don’t think the matchmaker is really screwing up here since it’s matching based on 5vs5 score, until we can see what people’s 5vs5 ranks, there’s still the possibility the someone who is good mechanically may be bad at 5vs5 while other not so skilled players will have better rank in that mode.

1 Like

It is very close to it. You wont find a t10 losing to a team of t5s. He can pretty much hardcarry lol

Unless his/her whole team loses their lanes ofc. That way the tier 5s can quad lane and still not lose lane presence xd. I’ve experienced that. Smashed my bot lane and the enemy team just quad lanes me and we still lose every lane despite everyone being in one lane for like a minute

Wait how did SAW only have 6 cs?

Classic t2 vs t9 gameplay man. Super balanced ranked match maker

Tbh I feel like I should just drop 5v5 until they fix the match maker cause 3v3 at least has a balanced match maker

1 Like

Stop saying this, a tier 5 is not the same as tier 10, tier 5 have even mastered 3v3 so they won’t have a clue in 5v5.

Whe I started to play 5v5 I hard carried games abusing jungle meta and climbed to T9 in a couple of weeks; oddly this is also my level in 3v3. I can spot a low skill tier player in a few minutes of the match, they’ll have drafted badly, have terrible rotations and will be mechanically poor.

Someone who has reached VG will have a better macro level understanding of the game, period, and if your honestly suggesting a VG gold level player won’t wipe the floor with low skill tiers then you’ve not played many pro level players.

I played against VG silver and gold players, I didn’t know this at the time but it became so obvious during the match as they would dominate 1v1 exchanges and would understand basics like split pushing etc. Why you assume ppl who’ve reached this level don’t play other mobas is amusing.

1 Like

Dude their is no difference between tier 5 and tier 4, literally none, they’re both low skill lvl and the VG player would carry the entire match!

I said 4 tier 2s. Not 4 tier 4s lol

Lmao my thoughts exactly, did they even try to farm what a bloodbath

True to some extent but still, theres a high possibility i can hard carry them. Atm i rarely play 5v5 ranked. Probably 2-3 a week. I m standing 13-2 in 5v5 ranked having lost 1 game to spaghetti and one game as you said i lost even though i had a good kda. But i was able to carry the rest 11 games pretty much. I always pick bottom lane, play saw/rona/gwen/kestrel, take my lane CS and rotate on time to take my entire jungle including wp buff and gold toad. I m always 2 levels above everyone and i dont really participate in teamfights till i m fully built offense wise. In the end i pretty much 1v3 or 1v4 and win most of the teamfights so yeah, a t9+ player should be able to win against a set of t4s/t5s however good they are in 5v5 and tiers play a huge role in the outcome of the match.

1 Like

Can I just say, well done to all, pings were all spot on and i got thumbs up by those Vainglorious players.
Finally a team that’s not afraid to invade the enemy jungle, and after looking at Vgpro, I understand why.
I’ve found my tier. Now to actually get there.

The enemy surrendered after 16 minutes, which is my idea of a normal game length. If only i could get games like this all the time. I honestly thought everyone was of similar skill level, everyone gelled well and Team synergy was just spot on.

16 minutes to me that seems a little short for it to be a good game

Seems like the game was carried by Ardan (who was messing around with a CP build), they’re roam did more DMG than three of the carries (which kinda indicates they were terrible), they were simply outclassed by better players.

Good luck getting to VG what’s your 5v5 tank at he moment?

yeh his gaunlets was pretty good. ringo cleared minions. flicker and me was the shot callers. he made a good call the swap lanes, which i would’ve done anyway. i told ardan to go top, which he did. I made the call the push mid, which i always do anyway.

What’s your 5v5 rank? Asssumeits better than the on currently displayed?