Bickering About Malene's Design

I knew she would have dark and light abilities, but i was expecting a change in her playstyle.

Care to elaborate how Lyra and Malene is mandane? Lyra’s kit was unique and still unique to bulwark and teleportation.

Silvernail is replication of yates/phinn instead of pull your push with ult. And trap wire is similar to skye rocket.

Bulwark = Gauntlet; Teleport = unique

Silvernai traps are unique; His ult… just because is a reposition doesnt mean its not unique, and fits very well his playstyle

Lyra’s B seems Ardan’s C. I agree about the teleport. Malene? she doesnt have anything new lol, its just a bunch of skills with cc. Her A is the same in both light and dark, but one of them roots, her B is just a defensive ability in both forms, and her C is… nothing.

Hey, then baptiste is the same as tony!

Hum… Not at all.

Are you happy? now @hazeleyes is going to split the thread becasue you decided to quote me even if i told you not to do it. :confused:
I repeat it, i wont change my mind, i can discuss all you want, but i will never agree that Malene>Silvernail.

Exactly…
Her light form of Malene
Is all defensive, slow and barriar

While her dark form is offensive,
Empowerment damage, invulnerability.

Basically her dark form is a her shadow form hence her design to fade into ground while her light, inbues.

Her C is purely swapping unless you want Semc to give her another abiltity for her C which I for one will welcome it.

Her kit perfectly match her playstyle of being dark and light.

And yes bap is same.as tony but we ain’t talking about that. Lol.

I don’t care if I am happy lmao… it doesn’t change the fact that Malene is one of the most ambitious design from Vainglory has done so far and that’s their peak VG has done so fqr… silvernail isn’t and just isn’t but hey??¿¿

tenor-2

How is an invulnerability an offensive ability???
the barrier and speed boost encourages more offensive than the invulnerability.

End of discussion.

Depends on how you play it…

Barrier and speed to quickly engage and root your enemies.
And quickly finish them off with your combo.

Dark B. Can be used to block incoming attacks or avoid stuns and back to engaging enemies. (Situational)

I saw it and yes but those two heroes weren’t my topics of discussion

Idk why you keep replying, end of discussion is end of discussion, not gonna read more.

Oki doki :heart:

30 characters…

I dont think its bad that he’s splitting the thread cuz I learned some things. About what you guys consider what when talking about kits.

there is no point, the moment im told Baptiste=tony, Silvernail=Skye, i just end the discussion, like what im supposed to answer that? Its completely wrong, i dont even know where to even start from, thats like saying death=life or black=white, they are complete opposites. But its alright, im not surprised since the time i discovered cp lyra hard countered Anka.

Edit: unless Tadashin wishes to discuss alone…

Wasnt talking about that… but okie :sweat_smile:

Nah, Malene’s kit is overrated. She’s just got a form change, which for VG was new at the time but really wasn’t that unexpected or inventive, it was bound to happen at some point. The form change isn’t anything crazy either, basically all it does is allows her to have four abilities instead of the usual three. What I’d like to see from a form change is something that changes completely, maybe going from melee to range or changing their base stats…

Silvernail I really like. The combos you can do with his abilities are great, and the whole idea of having tripwires to set up is really cool.

Shameless plug but it’s relevant: [fanmade hero] Gaius, the terrain control mage
This is a hero design I came up with a while ago, also with a kind of form change. Yes, like Malene this also allows him to have extra abilities, but his stats change with it so that he can become more defensive or a destructive but fragile mage. I didn’t manage to fit melee/range into his kit, but I am designing another hero who has this.

1 Like

Overrated kit doesn’t mean sh*t. Heros may have overrated kit within 3 abilities but are the abilties existing or same? Is the hero unqiue design wise?

Malene is by far different from VG rosters and VG have done so far. 5 abilties including ult. Yes light and dark form may be similar to each other but have their own seperate cooldown hence giving more skillfloor for that hero.

Having a kit that allows seperate cooldown with smart chaining of combo shows SEMC put thought into it. Not only that, design wise, animation and model change of malene is also by.far the most ambitious thing Semc have done.

Y’all can argue however much you want… but it doesn’t change the fact thay Malene is the most unique and interesting kit among all heros in VG.

Having lots of kits ot being overrated doesn’t change anything…

So yeah.

1 Like

What they are trying to say is that malene didn’t introduce anything new other than the form swappinng which in itself just allows you to use more abilities. No new mechanics or spectacular combos thats all. If you are saying its the most fun then that is your opinion, but to say she is the peak design then that would be rather incorrect.

It pales when compared with Idris chaining chakrams, ult which is a new mechanic and his passive has two paths in which one changes him to ranged and the other gives him a dash. I wouldve enjoyedit more if idris kept being played by chaining chakrams to maximize his damage while dodging around and not the braindead cp auto attacker that was meta a while ago but thats me and that doesn’t take away from the design, its just how people chose to play him or what was more beneficial.

Also Idris is but one of many kits that I think are really better design wise and more satisfying while landing full combos than malene.

1 Like

I never said she was shit. I just said she’s not that special, Yeah her kit is different, so are most of the kits in VG. Just because she’s got an extra ability (or two, if you include the ult) does not make her immediately a better design than any other hero.

No. This may be your opinion, and yes, it’s a valid opinion, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only valid one, or that it’s the correct one. This is an open ended topic, you can’t define a single hero “most unique” or “best kit”. It really depends on your criteria. It is your opinion, you are entitled to it, as I am to mine. But it is NOT a fact, and cannot be proven so therefore never will be.

1 Like

Enjoy this topic while it lasts, folks … I just set a timer on it, because it’s turning into an argument instead of a discussion. Also, I reserve the right to close it sooner.

2 Likes

Just thinking whenever that sentence(the gif) is thrown out in a discussion that is quite subjective, your not truly for discussion here. You even posted a gif that said ‘to you’ which is exactly what guest said, he doesn’t expect you to agree with him and knows that what he believes isn’t what everyone thinks but he will explain his thoughts and elaborate as you asked. You really didn’t need to add that tone to your replies.

I myself don’t see malene as that great in kit, someone like idris is who I see as better designed and I’ve said why in the Magnus thread.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.