Battle Pass

I think the last section of the announcement linked above is meant to give some info about this:

The events will give 30+ levels worth of sunlight, and since the levels have been standardized at 1000 each, you stand to gain 30,000+ sunlight if you complete all the events.

You need to grind 70 levels worth of sunlight and get 30 levels from grinding the events.

No … they’re saying you get 20+ levels just for opening daily chests, for instance. And the bonus with the first win of the day gets you 20+ more. That’s 40+ levels right there, with minimum effort.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t realize that. That makes it even easier. I am still shooting to get a level and a half or so a day of grinding to stay ahead of the curve.

1 Like

That’s easily 10+ games of standard. How do you have so much time in a day, and how will you not burn out?

Its not 10+ because I have been getting double rewards. And for some reason one of the matches gave me like 625.

The first victory gives bonus sunlight (250)

I’m already level 4 and all I’ve played was a single match so far. We’ll see how it goes, I guess.

And every win for me is 150. You also get a new event right now where every day for the next 22 days you get a double boost for logging in. On day 14 and 21 you get something special. On day 22 you get 5k sunlight.

I am just annoyed that Talent chests and talent coins are still in the Battlepass. Like…no one cares about em except talent whales.

What happens when your sunlight boosts run out? It’s not a sustainable level of game time. I suggest that you pace yourself and not set such a lofty goal for when the boosts run out.

I won’t burn out I don’t think. But the purpose of grinding when I can is because I will take days off. A level and a half a day isn’t crazy. My first win of the day today just now got me just under 700 sunlight so it was almost a full level right there. I have other games to play when I feel the burn :slight_smile:

Yesterday I was in voice chat with some friends and one of them was like “why would you grind and buy battle pass, for a rare key?”. We laughed but I secretly opened the battle pass. I go to level 100 and see it actually gives a rare key and 200 glory lol. I don’t know how they dare say it gives more than last battle pass but every battle pass is worse than the previous one now. In the beginning they gave you like 4 epic keys from season end. Then they reduced them and moved them to paid battle pass. Now there’s even less yet they say it’s more. It’s just pathetic.

Anyway I gotta go grind for that 200 glory!!!

What the heck are you talking about? At the very least, you get an SE skin and 1425 ICE for your 1250 ICE investment in the BP. If you play a lot, the pass is a good deal.

To be honest, I’m getting tired of some of the nonsense being tossed around here.

7 Likes

I didn’t say you don’t get your ice back. I’m saying it is so damn pathetic for SEMC to say it is worth more than the last battle pass which was worth more than the one before when in reality they have been getting worse and worse.

1 Like

You’re still being unfair with your complaint though. Level 100 also gives an SE skin, which hazel reminded, but you didn’t mention, I think, to make your complaint seem more legit.

I think this season’s battle pass feels nicer than last season’s, if not because of the rewards, but because of the changes they made to sunlight and predictability of leveling.

I’ll leave it to someone else to compare the actual rewards, but I’ll say that the real issue is never the actual amount you can win, it’s always been the type of rewards included. If rewards are talent heavy, but you don’t like talents, then the pass won’t feel as worth it to you, for instance. The pass can be “worth more” (objectively) but also be “worse” (subjectively) because those two measures don’t really describe the same thing. Just saying we should be accurate with our criticism.

6 Likes

Let’s put it this way. Before the changes to battle pass they gave out 4 epic keys and there was more to people that reached lvl 50. Without battle pass, just seasonal reward. Battle pass gave additional things. Since then seasonal rewards have been removed and according to SEMC put into the battle pass. The thing is you won’t find those 4 epic keys. I doubt they’re even in the paid battle pass. I am not saying battle pass doesn’t give enough or it should give more. If they don’t earn enough with the old battle pass ok change it. But isn’t it just downright scamming to say it’s better when in reality it’s worse than few seasons ago no battle pass reward. What I am saying is don’t lie to people.

3 Likes

Even the old sunlight system gave more rewards (when we add the end of season rewards). The first two battle passes were a blast and insta buy… the previous one I skipped (and got to level 81 only, getting super low amount of rewards vs all the time I ever played the game) and this one I unlocked only for the lolz and gwen skin. When I scrolled around on it - it’s worse even vs the previous one. Filled with useless things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is talking about the rewards without battle pass, you got him wrong. They are really really a lot less vs all the previous seasons I played in and they are quite a few. Also the value of a skin for example is a lot more for everyone vs talents, even the people that play in blitz. So there is ways to please everybody, aren’t there? Still, SEMC fills the free pass and the battle pass with 50 essence steps, talents and glory that will please only casual new players that loves blitz. The problem is that when we had for example the first two battle passes or end of season rewards prior (and with that battle passes!), now we feel bad with the new ones and the SEMC statement how they are better than before and we will get more! They don’t say - blitz players will get more, they say we all will get more and that includes me and my desires as ranked 5vs5 player that is the main mode in that game after all.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think so. He said this:

I go to level 100 and see it actually gives a rare key and 200 glory lol.

… which refers to the Level 100 Battle Pass reward, not the Level 100 Free reward (which is an epic mystery key). So yeah, he’s talking about the rewards with battle pass, specifically. He then used that as an example of how the Battle Pass is worse, and accused SEMC of lying about the whole pass being worth more. I’ve already pointed out that the “worth” of the pass (i.e., the total ICE equivalent of all the rewards included) is not the same thing as subjective value related to the type of rewards it includes, which is what 90% of Battle Pass complaints are actually about.

I get really annoyed when people start throwing around the word “lie” because 1) that’s a serious thing to say, and 2) a lie requires a conscious effort to mislead which is hard to prove, and 3) a game company has almost no incentive to actually lie because when it’s found out they’ll lose far more trust than makes it worth it.

Anyway, I know the issues people have with the pass, and I’ve made a lot of official complaints to devs about the composition of rewards, the predictability of the grind, and transparency of SEMC’s intent. So, I get it. I’m just saying we need to be fair about what we criticise, make fair comparisons, and give fair feedback. Otherwise, you can’t really expect someone to listen to you or understand the real issues that are leading to your complaints.

2 Likes