Balance Justice Court

MW rips Reim a new one. Same thing with the current healers.

Plus most melees can burst down (Glaive/Rona) or just out sustain (Kensei/Krul) Reim.

And dont get me started on the energy changes, Reim legit needs Eve, CW, and HC just to be able to stay in prolonged fights.

I really question the balance devs. They need to get their :poop: together

1 Like

Yeah he does get screwed by mortal wounds. How’s that relevant in 1v1 though? You can’t break through his fortified HP anyway. He can beat most carries. I mean yes Skye should be able to kill him but mostly he beats them. If you lose to Glaive as Reim you’re doing something wrong. Rona, I don’t know. Haven’t seen her recently at all so no idea who would win. It used to be really close. Kensei can’t really outsustain Reim 1v1, at least not currently. Krul, of course. If Krul can’t win a 1v1 against Reim he’s probably AFK.

1 Like

That’s debatable as to whether or not that was actually a nerf. The speed boost lasts longer now. It was more than likely a consistency fix.

The speed boost doesnt last longer, they just reduced the time you can stun.

BF they ruined. I doubt we’ll see much of him unless they bring back the old BF. Taka has needed a rework for ages, same goes for SAW. Kestrel could do with a Passive/A buff or rework. Rona and Patel always seem to be either broken or unplayable with no in between. I think they need to do something about Mortal wounds, since SF and PS there’s way too many of them in the game.

Okay I just found this out. You can’t imagine how pissed I was when I read and tried that out. How could they do that? Who the hell came up with that? Why would they remove things that require skill/game knowledge all the time. Koshka wasn’t even good (in 5v5) yet they decide to take something out of her kit. And it’s not only that it was important part but it was something of an advantage for players who knew how to play Koshka. I do realize it’s not hard to come up with the idea that it’s possible to do but there’s still difference in teamfights. Most Koshkas usually just use it for clear. Anyway I’m soooo mad at SEMC. What’s next, remove target lock from Skye because it’s too complicated? Make her Suri strike become what Churnwalker’s ult became. I just can’t take that anymore. Better make heroes not viable than take stuff away from them

1 Like

SEMC: why not both? There you go BF!

2 Likes

surprisingly enough i have had some good wins with Rona this patch in 5v5, as long as you stay ahead in gold you can compensate for her shit stats. but she definitely felt a bit potato by early-late game even with the early snowball.

You would be surprised. With the current build for all melees being SM BP and BS, its like watching two kruls fight.

Don’t know if I should laugh or cry at this point

I laugh, at least that way I’m supposed to live more :man_shrugging:

But at the same time we’re dying inside though. How can some randoms care about a good game getting ruined more than the actual developers care?

Thats what happens when the random ones like the game and want the best possible experience while the developers just see $$$.
I died so many times with their balancing already that a little bit more won’t chnage anything, you can’t kill what is already dead. BF will be forever missed for me, at this point every time a balancing update comes the first think I look for is BF, if no change is made (for good) then I don’t care about the update (of course something I do as there are other heroes, but the big part is gone).

Stop being a literal mood. Is it that bad that I do the same thing that you do when looking at the PNs?

I think we’re past the mark by now.

We’ve officially discussed the balance more than Zekent has in the last few patches.

I’m sure he does his job, I’m just saying he’s garbage.

1 Like

What makes you think the devs don’t care? or that the game is getting ruined? 3.8 saw the biggest gameplay adjustment ever to VG, the devs took a look at every aspect of the game, and put time into moving them into the right direction. Energy management, defensive itemization, minions, strictures, spawns, every single cp/wp damage item is viable, and every single hero has multiple build options.

If that’s not caring - putting effort into improving the entire game experience - what the hell is, what more could they have done gameplay wise in a single update.

Changes are still needed, but 3.8 made huge progress, which 3.9 plans to build upon. If SEMC weren’t making these big changes to fix the problems with the game I could see your point, but they are happening at just about the fastest you can make changes without destroying balancing. And 3.8 is the most balanced 5v5 has ever been since we’ve had a proper meta. You have 6-10 compettively viable heroes in every role, with only a couple heroes left behind, which is impressive considering major gameplay changes usually hurt balancing a lot. They killed the tank meta, with teams running 2 utility per team which is what you’d expect, better defined hero roles, and made split pushing and more diverse strategies than “all group mid from 5m onward” viable, which is what we saw in 5v5s first couple of months.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this, the difference between the weakest hero and strongest one in terms of win rate is just way to much to even consider it to be balanced (17%). It also doesn’t help the fact that some heroes just got ruined without them even attempting to balance them, not even going to mention an entire class being useless.

That’s not how you measure balancing, if you measured league of legends that way it would be the worst balanced game in the history of games, some champs are just that useless at high level.

Balancing is measured by the diversity of picks and strategies that are viable. 3.8 has 8-10 A tier picks, and 25 or so B tier picks. there is no S tier kensei, and a way higher number of B tier heroes than usual. This means options for players is very high.

As captain for example you have phinn churn as top (but not unbeatable picks), and your choise of nearly every other captain hero. In mid you have cp vox as the only clearly dominant pick, and a slew of other viable heroes based on the scenario.

Just because petal is bad does’t change that 3.8 is very balanced. Look at the classic 3v3 days, there were heroes who were potatoes for months if not years, Rona and Idris went 9 months literal meme picks in tier 10+. That does not mean the game was never well balanced over those 9 months.

The problem is that those weak heroes aren’t one or two, they are an nature class. I can count up to 12 heroes being useless, a broken hero being always banned that has been like that for months, one wp item ruling the entire tree, mages being destroyed thanks to a poorly done adjustment in energy, what was the best defensive item now is near a joke in most situations.

I think you completely misunderstood what I meant. My point was talents,thats, RNG, bad out of game experience, ingame glitches that are here for ages, ruining heroes. I never mentioned balance here. We started from Koshka right now. Tell me how would you justify removing her stacked B? It wasn’t OP, she wasn’t even remotely good. Even if she actually was though why would you remove something that requires more skill and game knowledge (not saying it’s much but you still need knowledge and timing, that is more than just clicking A and B)? Why they gotta remove things that are actually fun and better for gameplay? How could they fix the Skye Suri strike over the map so fast even though it was completely useless to use as an advantage, it was only used for fun after the games finished, but they can’t fix Samuel’s B, Grace’s B, Churnwalker’s chains etc. They took 2 extra weeks to work on bugs last patch. Before that those glitches are here for more than 1 year. Is it really that hard to fix them? You need 1 year+ (still waiting) to make an animation match the damn ability it represents? But it took them about 2 patches after it became popular to fix Skye’s completely game breaking glitch that does literally nothing. Why does my hero keep getting stuck and sucked into walls. That’s been here since 1.16. I’ve lost so many teamfights and also games because of that. Can they really not even try to work on that? If it’s unfixable, this actually game breaking glitch, how do they even have jobs? But at the same time they can work on talents and hats. That’s really important, gameplay doesn’t matter at this point anyway.

Anyway that aside, to reply to your comment specifically. Yes you’re right. I don’t think it’s possible for them to change more than they did this patch. I never complained, even said it’s a good thing for the game when the notes were out. No matter if the changes are good or not at least they had an actual plan and address actual problems. Better try and fail than not try at all. And this is exactly the problem. It’s been more than half a year. Do we really need to wait that long for them to realize that their main game mode doesn’t even work as it’s supposed to. They needed THAT long to address top - bot lane meta. That long to address jungle. At this point we shouldn’t be thankful that they finally decided to TRY to do their job. They should be thankful we are still here playing their dying product (dying as in quality, can’t really know otherwise. I’m not one of the people who think everything they quit is dead).

And let’s not forget competitive. How could they throw it like that? If they’re treatment towards competitive was a VG match it would be like SEMC being 15/0 Koshka by 10 minutes and then suddenly (aka last year) selling items and going AFK.

Literally the only things that deserve praise at this point from SEMC are splash arts and new heroes’ designs. That’s about it. From every other aspect it does seem like they hate their product.