Are there downsides to Grace?

I’d politely also like to counter some of your points if you don’t mind :3(I wanna have a nice debate and improve upon my mistakes so)

Her A first of all, is not a Barrier. It is a directional shield torwards the enemey Grace attacked with her A. An important thing to take note of this is that it is DIRECTIONAL, making flanking Grace’s allies a wonderful way to ignore the shield from Grace completely.

I have mentioned earlier that her Ult suffers more from the Spellfire-heavy meta because it is a burst heal but also because it has a long cooldown. This makes Lyra and Adagio’s heal still much more reliable as an actual tool to keep allies alive has Grace’s burst heal is just countered very hard by mortal wound while Lyra’s can be used every 5-4 seconds with cooldown items, still making her healing amount to more overall compared to Grace.

Her B CAN be a wonderful tool disrupt anyone attempting to gank, but realisticly only if you can land it. The radius around Grace for this ability isn’t exactly big, and missing it(which is not too uncommon) makes Grace really vulnerable to enemies as she will be immobile for about a second making her easiy to focus and burst her down.

She does offer tremendous peel, but only if you can land her B and reflex blocking it isn’t hard thing to do considering you can easily predict when it will land. It’s long cooldown also holds it back from being amazing.

4 Likes

You don’t have to land her B to make it effective… it could just as easily zone out an area of a map to prevent the enemy pursuing their target just a Lyras B or Ardans ult, if it forces them disengage that’s job done.

Of course it can be reflex blocked, but that’s the same with any Roam CC so it’s not a problem which is unique to Grace.

If you’re quick enough to skirt around the barrier you’re a better player than I am (note it’s a directional barrier which continually faces the target)… a decent grace is going to use her AA to slow you if she’s peeling for a target or drop her B, but if your reflex blocking all of this you’re playing at an advanced level (you might have forgotten the slow).

You’re also forgetting that her Ult does more than just heal, it provides a full holy shield (all sides) greatly negating the impact of incoming DMG. Of course SF effect this but it’s the same for Lyra and Adagio.

In short she offers stuns, slows, heals and barriers that’s a hell of a kit in one hero. She’s a meta pick right now and I’d say second only to Lyra in terms of draft pick.

2 Likes

Sorry I admit I forgot that her ult DOES provide a holy shield sorry about that. I also never mentioned that she wasn’t meta. And I thought the topic in the first place was “Are there downsides to Grace” and I answered the with probably not the most accurate information. I agree that she is definitely meta along with Lyra, Ardan and Catherine(Cath is meta, don’t believe me? She get’s about the most bans in the captain role not counting fortress. And her disrupting skills are just extremely useful in general).

And about the Lyra and Adagio thingy, I already mentioned the reason why in the end, EVEN with mortal wounds, they heal their teammates more because it is spammable and has a 4-5 second cooldown with CD items. Grace’s heal is the most affected as her heal is a HUGE burst heal with a LONG cooldown.

But anyways let’s just stop this thread now by concluding that:

Grace is an amazing captain overall, definitely meta along with Lyra Ardan and Cath. She just has a couple of weaknesses that holds her back from being completely dominant but nevertheless she is amazing.