Ardan Should Not Be a Captain

I somewhat agree with you. One thing about LoL (sorry for the comparison but) is that in the high tiers, being a support isnt really about being tanky. We have heros like Janna or Pyke that encourages to build atk items but still maintain the supportive properties.

The roam items deter from that in VG.

What do they do as supports then? I don’t play LoL so idk what they do, but if they build damage… they don’t tank? They are just carries with cc?

Don’t know about WP or roam Ardan but I can say this man is an EU Ardan legend.

1 Like

Not really. Its just their abilities scale off of ability power (CP) instead of health.

One example is Sona

We had CP support Adagio, Grace and Lance but they just don’t offer enough to go CP support. Either they need better design or it’s not gonna work in VG.

Yes, as you just said. But they’re old characters it’s understandable that they don’t provide that much as cp. Though they could be changed in numbers or just plain kit changes.

But a newer (captain) hero could change the game for captains or tanks

Yeah I agree. Just saying current heroes don’t exactly work. And I don’t really see them working without Major changes but they seem unnecessary as heroes are viable. Would be cool if we got a new hero that actually can do that though.

1 Like

@Bobmax Thanks dude <3
@Guest_78 Also wether Ardan might be meta or not, doesnt really matter imo, just look at this game i played 5min ago with according to VGPRO an offmeta Tier 1 Hero called Ozo, his current WR is 47% and pickrate 5,3% but somehow i managed to play a perfect KDA Game and carry my Teammates to victory. What i am trying to point out is that your knowledge of a heroes capabilities > meta. Sure meta heroes are more likely to grant you wins but offmeta heroes dont mean dead heroes.

I sure i am glad wp ardan is no longer a thing he’s literally as boring to play as maxbob.

2 Likes

I used to main Maxbob. I wish they brought him back.

3 Likes

But unless their damage doesn’t scale with ability power they have both damage and utility, doesn’t they? Or am I missing something?

You have to go more in depth with your question because im not understanding what your tryin to put down.

Their utility scales with ability power instead of health as you said, so if their damage also scales with ability power, don’t they have both utility and damage? Like for example a lorelai with Crystal ratios in her cc.

Yes. But though they have both damage and utility. They balanced it where their damage doesnt compete with the APC (CP heros) of the game.

So the exact opposite of VG, where supports even without damage items can beat 1v1 most carries XD

1 Like