Ardan is overvalued?

Grace doesnt counter ardan, and lyra only if the Ardan is stupid enough to use his A when BB is up.

Grace can stun his ass when he tries to vanguard or punch someone. She can stun him out of gauntlet before he lands it too.

He isn’t as reliable as people make him out to be…

Ardan and Lorelai are the best captain picks and probably the best picks overall in the game along kensei and anka

Taking into account that both his punch and Vanguard have no delay, stunning him in the middle of It is quite hard and means the Ardan is stupid. Same for the ult: both animations (Grace stun and Gauntlet) take the same amount of time, so you would need to predict exactly when and where, which again is very hard and shows that the ardan is stupid.
We dont need to make him out as reliable because he IS as reliable, he is the most reliable captain in the game.

4 Likes

I want someone who thinks Ardan is overrated to explain how they counter him with draft and in game strategy.

1 Like

Well I avoid picking Arden and when someone pick him I pray our enemy not picking any built in dodging gauntlet heroes and burst damage mages , I was in a game where I told my teammate to pick Catherine because we were against Lyra and cp baron , but he decided that Arden is the best pick , congratulation we lost , I got bullied early game and late game I couldn’t do anything like he can dodge gauntlet with his B , Lyra and mages very strong against Arden especially early game , like in my opinion he can be snowballed with his team early game .

Mages arent strong against Ardan, pair him with a diver and i can promise you he will kill every mage with that +1200 barrier Ardan can give him every 9 seconds. Baron could dodge his Gauntlet, sure, be he still has to scape a hero with a massive speed boost + massive barrier + a slow. The problem there seems like you had nothing to kill that baron.

You got bullied late and especially early game and you think Cath would have helped you on that? Please explain how.

1 Like

Specially against a CP baron whose early is horrible… As if Catherine would have helped him yo dodge the mortars. Against WP baron cath>ardan; against CP baron Ardan>Catherine.

The truth :wink:. I have like 80+ WR with Ardan in ranked 5v5 over like a couple of games. And the last time I played the captain role frequently was when Grace was released and Catherine was able to solo kraken during that time. I loved Churnwalker too… but I haven’t touched him in a while…

In my opinion Ardan is and will continue to be in the top three roams. His vanguard is just so strong, especially when combined with some of the new items which all complement his A and heroic perk.

In short he is a beast roam and certainly superior to Grace and Catherine (neither of whom I believe to be tier 1 roams right now).

3 Likes

A C T U A L L Y, Catherine can be a massive pain in the ass to Arden, Much better than any of the healer heros too.

Her stun and silence will always be one of most annoying things to play against. U can stun any of ardens abilities if ur close enough and her ult forces arden to make a choice of waste a cruci or be dead roam until the end of thesilence duration.

Arden vs Any of the healers = Arden Wins
Arden vs Catherine = more difficulty to use abilities etc

In short of what im trying to say is that Catherine is much more of a pain than any of the healers when u play arden

1 Like

Lyra counters Ardan? No complaints there but Grace? Sorry this simply isn’t so… what part of your kit counters his abilites exactly?

Personally I find Ardan one of the most enjoyable roams to play, nothing like landing that vanguard on a fleeing enemy, or dropping your ultimate to secure a kill / keep a ten mate alive. Sure he isn’t mechanically difficult, which is why he is almost always in the meta.

1 Like

Just because Catherine counters Ardan doesnt mean Catherine is better than Ardan

Lyra counters Ardan only if the Ardan is stupid enough to use the Vanguard when trying to pasa through BB.

i

N E V E R

said that >_>

i said catherine is more of a pain in the ass to arden, not that shes better smh

Looking atte what comment you answered and the “Actually” It made me think like that, sorry for the confusion.

no problem, just didnt want u to think other of what i was tryin to imply

Catherine certainly isn’t better than Lyra who assuming they know what they’re doing can block both his A and C with her B consistently. I’m fact I’d go so far as to say she’s his main counter roam. And the reason why she’s in my top three meta picks (always me with Adagio).

As for “waste a crucible” this is exactly the reason you build a crucible to stop team wide negative effects. Seriously what are you building crucible for if not to block a team wide silence? Honestly I don’t want to come of rude but this statement makes me question your ability as a roam.

In terms of general utilty Ardan is far better at both initiating and helping to disengage from team fights, he is almost peementaly in the meta because his kit is “that good”, and it’s only been strengthened by the recent HP buffs.

by waste a crucible, i mean in a non teamfight scenario.

i would go into detail on the different scenarios but that would be a long post