An Update from the Lair

SEMC posted some stuff on the Vainglory sub reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vainglorygame/comments/b2t8k2/an_update_from_the_lair/

Check it out I suppose.

moderator note: The text of the post is below, in case you don’t want to click through. ~HS

A quick update from the lair swift on the heels of the 2019 WESG Grand Finals in Chongqing at the Olympic Stadium (holy cow did you see that stadium?!)–where Team ACE took on the current World Champion Tribe Gaming in what showed to be one of the most exciting series in Vainglory competitive history!

[ICYMI, here are the VODs from this week https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396219532##]

For the past few months we’ve been focused on bringing the cross platform experience of Vainglory to life through working with the PC community to bring Vainglory on par on both platforms. Thanks to our awesome Steam early access players for all the feedback! Hopefully you’ll see much of it actioned in 4.1 with keybindings and HUD improvements in particular. More is coming in 4.2 and 4.3! Keep it coming. Mobile players, please get more feedback from your PC friends also - especially if they played the first early access version - would be great to get their updated feedback now!

Other than PC improvements, we’re focused on gradual improvement everywhere. Rather than working on a single large feature, over the next few months you should expect gradual quality of life improvements across the gameplay and app experience. From joystick improvements, a big push on getting movement de-sync issues to be a thing of the past by 4.2, new daily progression system allowing players to play at their own pace, overall polish and usability across the board and of course moar skins, as well as heroes that evolve the game. Please keep us updated on your pet peeves to help us out as we aim for buttery smoothness across the board!

We are also making some changes to how we approach our community team. We’re super thankful to wolf_hands, mdshafiz, shOta, and Heilus who have been an incredible helping hand over the years. We are simultaneously also looking for more moderators and volunteers to help us out globally. If you are interested in helping out in exchange for ICE, please apply here, sind and sarahgk92 will reach out with any questions.

And as usual–we’ll see you on the rise!

And it was removed? But it has somwthing to do with malene apparently… i think they increase her A range.

I did see a post that was swiftly removed. Couldn’t get screenshots of thecontent of the post prior tp this new one.

What was removed?

Also I filled out the form. If the role is what I think it is (interacting with the community) then it seems like a fun job.

Reddit post… lol
30 characterz

¿Was it a post about malene?
Its common sense it was a reddit post >_>

Actually nevermind. I am confused

1 Like

“We’re super thankful to wolf_hands, mdshafiz, shOta, and Heilus who have been an incredible helping hand over the years. We are simultaneously also looking for more moderators and volunteers to help us out globally. If you are interested in helping out in exchange for ICE, please apply here, sind and sarahgk92 will reach out with any questions.”

In other words: we fired up the moderators/community managers and want other people to do the job for free vs some imaginary ingame currency… either moderating or ambassador-ing for the game. :smiley:

7 Likes

hmmmm, I hope its not moderator job

hf @ reddit. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lemme just edit my comment so its not that harsh.

I saw a post on TheCopyCats twitter on why his reddit post was removed and it had me questioning the Mods decisions.

Reddit mod squad = :mask:

Thanks for sparing me the trip to Reddit, @HipsterSkaarf ! :sunglasses:

As @cha0z says, this is simply SEMC trying to get community people to do for free a job they previously paid people to do. It’s not necessarily a bad approach, but it doesn’t seem like a sign of financial strength either.

The rest of the post is just the usual empty promises to improve the game.

Not much to see here, imo.

3 Likes

Tweet for reference please (preferably as a onebox so I don’t actually have to go to twitter)

FTFY.

Not to be picky, but wasn’t I who said that? :smiley:

The only thing I see which I appreciate is at least their acknowledgement (albeit in a manner which helps them keep their pride in tact and is obviously short of an apology, which is what they should give…) that they’ve ignored mobile and have been focusing on PC. To then follow up by saying they want “buttery smoothness” after 4.2 and 4.3 was at least nice to read.

Likely an empty promise as you said, but for me it was a little nice to hear in less direct words that they’re admitting they’ve ignored their starting platform and player base. It sucks, but at least they said it. I remain the foolish optimist in that perhaps by 4.3 some of these long lasting bugs may start to be addressed/improved.

It’s not nice of you to expect that I can be coherent before my first cup of coffee. :man_facepalming:

(Fixed it.)
1 Like

Yeah, I’m hoping they can address the bugs too. I’ve seen a lot of these QoL statements before, with mixed results, so I’m cautiously optimistic. Crossed fingers!

I have no idea what’s up with the community management side of things though. Wolfhands’s main focus - so far as I knew - was spear-heading the creator program, so I’m not sure what happens to that now, or who the point person is.

1 Like

What I got from the post is they fired Devs and wants to hire mods for free , everything else is just to make the post longer.

Not tryna bring up old :poop:. Just using it as a point to why I dont like them.

If it interests you that badly, then you can find it. Either that or you can just simply not believe in what I had said.