A New Vainglory Bot for Discord (Beta)

Hi everyone, I’m happy to share with you a new Vainglory bot I’m working on. It’s currently in beta and I could use some help testing it.

My goal is to keep the bot as simple as possible by focusing on Vainglory-related commands. There are many Discord bots that do other things so I do not intend to add features outside of serving that goal.

I did my best to optimise the presentation of information for both mobile and desktop Discord apps. The overall result is a minimal, simple-to-use, and clutter-free Vainglory bot for Discord.

Available commands include (default prefix is !):

• build: Shows build stats & effects
  • elo: Shows skill tier given elo
  • hero: Shows hero stats and ability
  • item: Shows item stats and ability
  • last: Shows last n-th match
  • player: Shows basic player stats
  • register: Links your IGN & time zone to your Discord account

Once you register your time zone (UTC offset), all the time/dates shown when you use the commands will be based on your time zone.

Please keep in mind that this is still a work in progress. It’s still in development and I’m open to suggestions and feedback. If you’d like to try out the bot, you can obtain the invite link from the bot support server at https://discord.gg/97cm3Dx.

Some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/WWJs6d9

10 Likes

Very nice! Looks good so far! :thumbs3:

4 Likes

wow good perfect i waiting will tester

1 Like

Looking good! You might want to change the bot prefix so typing !help doesn’t bring up help menus for multiple bots. Maybe tooth! ?

1 Like

Looks good! I’ll invite the bot to my server when I get home, test it, and give you some feedback.

1 Like

Prefix can be set on a per-server basis by the server admins using the !prefix command. !help will only show usable commands available for the user who invoked it.

I chose ! as the default prefix because I want to have an accessible and simple one. It’s easier to type ! on a phone keyboard than other obscure symbols.

1 Like