I have a few things to say about 3.5 I wanted to share before I forgot.
- I like all the new UI changes. It feels much neater, especially the match select screens with the new buttons. Very classy.
- I was trying out Anka in practice, and also Joystick. I notice that she seems oriented towards joystick, especially with this little hiccup I noticed.
- After Anka uses an ability on a pre-selected target (turret, armories, crystal, and jungle monsters; heroes and BC/GW unknown) she does not continue auto attacking the target after the ability is finished like other heroes. I noticed this specifically with her A, and it still happens if you select the target again mid dash. This does not occur at all as far as I could tell using joystick.
- Anka is very ability reliant, so much so that she’s virtually useless while on cooldown. She relies on assists and kills to solve this, but if your team is doesn’t pick up any kills (or she doesn’t participate) she’s a sitting duck for something like 3 seconds. I like the problem this presents, which is pretty much ‘go big or get ganked’. You’ll need all your slots for damage, CD, or mobility, as defense isn’t going to help you much if you’re caught out on cooldown. Once the nerf hits next patch, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of skilled players pick her up.
- I think this event is really cool, it’s nice to see one centered around a hero like this. I don’t like that you can’t complete it without buying Anka though (unless you’ve got her from a chest). That kind of irks me. I’ve found that things have been pretty decent for me f2p-wise once I started grinding all my chests daily, but to see the summer key get locked up like that is annoying and super frustrating.
- The first reward “play two matches with Anka” can be completed using practice rounds. Blast through two practices and get yourself 5 free Anka talents. (You’re welcome.)
- Every single one of Anna’s talents provides a buff with no downsides. This is pretty annoying, as I think every other hero has some kind of increased cooldown or damage reduction to compensate for the change. Every Anka talent seems to start at a mid-tier upgraded level (lv 10 rare, lv 4 epic, lv 3 legendary for example).
With 3.5 comes a very heavy loss.
SP Blackfeather forum background.
His thicc as hell legs will be dearly missed.