5v5 ruined 3v3 and new skin system is maddeningly bad

Not gonna talk about the skin system because if people wanna say it’s pay to win or if it’s better than the old system because that is on them.

Now about the separated ranks they actually did it pretty well. I am 80% sure that this thing called MMR does not decay, only your visible rank so basically if you are a t8 that decayed to t2 you will fight t8 players until the system realizes you’re complete booty and starts pairing you up with t2 players. If you are still good then you get massive ELO boosts till you are back to t8. BTW 5s rank does not reflect skill whatsoever only 3s rank does due to the mechanical demands of the game mode.

I disagree with you, but I feel like discussing it out more won’t do anything, as I doubt I’ll change your opinion. Yet, I wanna add that 3v3, whilst being simplistic, offers great strategy. Should you go for that gold mine or team fight for an ace first? Should you go for that kraken or team fight for an ace first? 3v3 is very competitive, and without team fights and aces you won’t get anywhere, that’s why I love it. Strategy comes from the player, not the mode(<–extremely debatable) , that’s why there are separate tactics for 5v5,3v3 and blitz

If 3v3 is about mechanics, then 5v5 is about your teammates. Considering the average quality and toxicity of my teammates while in soloq, I’d prefer 3v3 matches.

3 Likes

The crystal miners are rubbish. The gold miner is too. You can take both and still have absolutely nothing. They are objectives without rewards in an objective game.

There are only two objectives worth taking. A turret and the Kraken to take the turret.

The other things just give gold which comes in handy but it doesn’t offer any leverage over your enemy like a ghostwing a CP Buff or a WP Buff.

Having only a single lane to push makes defending lane way too easy for there are almost no reasons for a laner to leave lane except to shop.

That makes for extremely boring games.

A 3 man invade with a minion wave already pushed is about the most strategic play in the game…

Unlike 5v5 where there are several objectives worth taking and various angles through which a wincondition be achieved namely 3 lanes…

The impact of a single good player in 5v5 is greater than in 3v3 because the players are spread out more.
If you are a good laner you can 1v2 in 3v3 but 1v3 anyone will go down or their turret will.

In 5v5 if the enemy puts 3 people against 1 they will open themselves up on two other sides. 5v5 is much deeper than 3v3…

And with that I’ll end the discussion here. You clearly have your own, rooted in opinion, and so do we, so if a mod reads this, plz lock

I agree with every single word you wrote. Can also add that the development of the 5vs5 for so long and at the end they come up with the standard spin of it. Why it took them so long when at the end there was nothing more than the map decorations and balance?

Actually the other mobile games does it even better (objectively, subjectively I love VG) as they are concentrated for fast, fun matches on the go. Not like tencent can’t make a PC like moba, they just know what people need on t heir phones and leave the deep moba for the PC. They just don’t try to totally mimic lol on the phones… no much point of doing so. VG was also not a copy, 3vs3, was unique and good! Matches started in 30 seconds even in 4am week day, matches were 20m long, fun, action packed with unique map and spin on the MOBAs for phones.

Now it’s 30-40m que/dodge/not accept to even start a match, general 5vs5 MOBA map (albeit beautiful and I am sure will be even more in the future), totally unbalanced matches most of the time, harder controls as the map is not horizontal as 3vs3 (it’s a lot easier to tap left/right most of the time, while the middle top of the screen - not so much on a phone), the batteries are draining a lot faster (this combined with heavy menu on the battery is really a stopper for player on the go, actually) and so on.

The sad truth is that while I WAIT to play a single VG game, I would already be done with a good session in AOV with 4 games, fun/fast matches and do something else.

2 Likes

Aov feels extremely basic though…
The biggest problem in Vainglory right now are the que times… Circling at poa for both 3v3 and 5v5 it takes ages to find a match let alone to get into an actual match…

1 Like

Balancing a hero for both 5v5 and 3v3 is impossible it would be delusional to aim for both

2 Likes

Agreed. A hero should have different buffs and nerf in 5v5 and 3v3

I am confused. Are you saying it is to harder to attain one of the few things purchasable in Vainglory which have no impact on gameplay? How is it p2w?

1 Like

This is something I have requested before we released 5v5. There are major tech blockers for this and in till those are resolved the best I can do is keep both in mind.

5 Likes

That’s why I added in p2lg-pay to look good at a reply in the thread, which I do agree on, but I still do not know why one would make a good system (that already seems perfectly fine, both from customer satisfaction and income) and change it into loot box(or in this case… Chest) dilemma. Here is a suggestion, from heart, if you get a number of assists on a support hero you get a rare skin(or blueprint) for that hero and for laners and junglers you need a specific kill amount in pvp only, of course, those numbers will be rediculously high(up to 1000-2000 kills/assists) but it seems fair to me anyway, because you have an active goal to work to, and I know you’re not in charge for thatsorta thing, but I don’t have any other dev to contact.

Actually a good way of getting skins is through lvl ups, which is similar because you gotta grind a hellish amount lel

The old system didn’t work from an income perspective. That was part of the problem with it. Someone who never spend any money could get most of the skins they wanted very easily. There is a reason why you can only get skins with RP in LoL. (Aside from a very stingy loot box system) It was actually a bad system because of this… Though I did like the cards personally but they also came with extra work since each of those is an extra piece of splash an artist has to create. (Which takes time)

1 Like

Progression will have some cool things coming in sometime in the future.

Hopefully it’s not only cool from an income perspective >~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> but I like the battle pass, it’s actually affordable if you grind up the extra ice from lvl30

I hate Blueprints. Period. The reason why they don’t get as much backlash as it, in my opinion, deserves is because the veterans got to benefit from it a lot when it was first released. :confused:

I like their simplicity. But the RNG aspect turns me off. Does everything outside the core gameplay have to be riddled wih RNG? Daily quests, free chests, guild chests, skin chests, what else?I don’t really care in the end of the day, but I just heavily dislike RNG.

5 Likes

Guild chests were actually buffed. They gave the same thing as before, except with some extra rewards and spread out over the season. Also, daily quests made glory grinding way easier…
I do wish free chests were better tho, although they did give a bit too much

Lvl 35 guild chest and everything below were crap.