4.11 Content Reveals

Yes, right here

The animal looks like Fortress, I’m not sure though

1 Like

New hero abilities

1 Like

I think we all know what Im going to say about the splashart and style of it.

Even the ability icons are in a different style compared to the previous heros…

No f’s were given in the creation of this splash art.

3 Likes

When Semc left VG to Rogue they must’ve took the artists too. :potoo:

I think I will enjoy his kit despite all the negativities.

The Gwen buff isn’t that crazy. It’s 2 seconds off Skedaddle at levels 5 and 10, and 3 seconds off at level 11. Granted, everyone builds Halcyon Chargers so there’s also that additional CDR, but the buff only gives her a little more late game safety.

The Anka nerf is actually pretty huge if they’ve done what I think they did. Pre-4.11 the base damage on her B when factoring the damage reduction was simply 3x the amount. So at level 8 her B did 200 x 3 or 600 base damage. Pre-4.9 buff her B did 175 x 3 or 525 base damage. With the new damage reduction nerf, her B now does 2.6 times the amount. 200 x 2.6 is only 520, putting her at only being slightly stronger than she was in 4.5. However at that time, less tanks were being played.

In order to remove the 3 support meta that we find ourselves in almost a year after it vanished, tanks and tank items need a systematic nerf. Supports are still the best hero class in the game and tank items are way too cheap. I get that SEMC wanted to make supporting more fun, but with supports being so powerful in a multitude of roles, it’s time that a lot of the buffs they received were toned down, in addition to increasing support item costs.

2 Likes

Gwen was already S tier. It’s not crazy, but it’s crazy they did it.

I’d say wp and cp paths need a buff rather than tanks need a nerf. Tanks should be able to kill. That’s fine. The problem is carrys need to be able to kill much faster. I do agree with a support item cost increase though.

1 Like

@hazeleyes can you pls delete my recent post. Thx!

Yet another underwhelming patch imo… Aside from the Karas rework, its just another standard hero (who looks out of place visually, both in his splasharts and ability icons) and skin (with 2 instead of the usual 3 this time) addition update with some minor balance changes that we at least got this time. Nothing that’s really going to draw my interest in playing back.
On another topic, I feel like they did really bad with the update hypebuilding this time. I know that there’s not exactly much new content for them to build hype around this update, but I feel like they should’ve spread out the teasers/reveals a lot more rather than toss them all out in a few days right before the update.

5 Likes

I think we won’t be getting spotlights from now on too, will miss ciderhelm’s voice.

Quote from a member in my ‘guild’ (more accurately clown crew) discord server.

FLIPPING ml FIGS can now roast vg and I can’t even talk back
FLOP this game
Should’ve killed it when it started dying

I censored it a bit but you can understand the main point of the message.

New hero looks awful, from his splash to his animations to the general uninspired aesthetic and kit. Even the talents look bland and boring. How do you do that?
Another ‘Chinese’ skin, it’s honestly getting ridiculous, are they incapable of modelling something that doesn’t include a dragon head.
The balance patch deadass nerfs CP Kinetic. Literally who plays CP kinetic. The game still has fundamental level problems with items/captains that aren’t being addressed.

Oh and Karas’s kit is now even more bland and boring than before. Epic movespeed passive.

Just waiting for Wild Rift honestly. Onmyoji’s a pretty good time too. Plus, LoR and TFT are pretty hype right now, excited to play around with the cards / upcoming new set.

1 Like

The Karas rework is them just changing animations and ability descriptions? Oh well, the passive got changed a little bit and now it’s Leo’s, but that’s it.

Idk what’s the worst part of the new hero, how generic it looks or the ugly splash art it has, only surpassed by an even worse skin.

It seems EU players still don’t have the rights to use the chat.

4 Likes

True, few players innovate. Saw l3on and his team to do the utility jungler (adagio, lyra, grace, etc.) 24/7 with the bot laner and feeding him literally everything. Saw it first on his youtube videos where he played serious with a team, not long after that I saw (t10 silver) other players replicating this and also I played few games where I had such a jungler as a bot. It’s insanely strong for real and basically a free win almost (if the enemy does not go the same route).

and that alone indicates that there is problem with item balance, but the item balance is not touched for ages (not to mention expanded as they stated they would do back in the days, but they also was going to fix the netcode and de-syncs :smiley: ).

Actually I can list quite a few items that see little to no play at all right now + few that are clearly dominant and basically “a must” in the build.

1 Like

At first when i saw ranked rewards i got excited… 150 opals for reaching t6 that sure will give people an incentive to grind huh.

1 Like

It’s a valid reasoning as rn NOONE want’s to play support. I mostly fill in my games, i.e. pick position last - I play support 95% of the time without exaggerating.

The support role is REALLY strong, I agree, but ONLY if you have a decent team. With the current match making it’s hard to end up like that. Example: I am t10 silver and the game pairs me with 2 t9 gold and two t9 bronze vs 4 MAN PARTY that is t10 high bronze (as I played two games in a row vs them, I know for sure that). I was the support, you can guess how I felt. Especially when I can’t do anything with that role, atleast I can try something as a bot/mid tho in this situation would be really hard if I don’t sweat big time.

We are talking about small details, but reality is that balance rn got a major issues and the bad match making/lack of players are really showing.

Edit: the 3 support tank meta really returns in it’s ugliest form - utility support 24/7 with the bot laner and feeding everything to the bot. Quite a lot worse that the previous months variant.

Wow. I thought people might be overexagerrating about how bad the animations for Shin were so I finally decided to check out the reveal video and eww.

And I’m sorry but is he rollerblading on a wheel of fire half the time and just randomly floating the rest of the time?

My gosh. I am truly appalled. It might be a nitpick but I mean it literally makes no sense lol. Celeste floating makes sense as she controls stars and stuff, magnus as an arcane mage makes sense, ghost krul makes sense, friggin skye makes sense.

This don’t make no sense! Like, his fire magic in no way computes with flying. And he’s fighting with a spear. WHY IS HE FLYING?

Ill help justify him since I feel bad for him

Hes some asian myth hero (irl) that rides on two fire chakrams and has a spear n stuff.

His summary tho has a little VG or Vainglory Bing Bong flair to it and introduces technology into his hero lore n stuff. Idk about the rest.

His in between animations after using his abilities and going into his idle animation is atrocious to look at. I wonder if Semc took the dev that did all of that, to Project SF.

4 Likes