3v3 co-op bots not working

why? cheats are just a means to give a challenge. Players will always find a pattern in the programming. it always happens.

its not a game breaker. its just bots.

What they need instead is to implement a learning ai for the boots have each mode be at a different tier range.

Are you afraid of hacking? I don’t get it. SEMC could easily tweak their bots to the point where they’re just dieing constantly and can never win against bots. THIS is what i want. To the point where it really is “impossible” to beat bots.

Because I like beating the impossible.

Try playing any sea 5v5 I hear the lag is impossible odd to win

I think our views of what bot matches are for are quite different.

I see bot matches as a way for new and lower skill tier players to practice against realistic opponents in order to learn new heroes, try new builds, and work on the mechanics and tactics required to play PvP matches.

2 Likes

I think @Ve3nNo0wM wants something like this
download

1 Like

I see it that way as well, just with harder bots. Lol.

No reason why you can’t do all that with a challenge. In fact, it would boost skill levels so much it would actually prepare you for actual PvP matches.

I’ve seen NA streams, I’ve seen EU Streams. In SEA and EA you can NEVER walk past an enemy without at least eating an AA from them and 1 ability.

In NA and EU, its quite common to walk past an enemy unscathed.

I think the levels are more like:

whimpy sissy
Normal
Hard-er
Extreme
Impossible.
God-like.

1 Like

This. Bots should not be cheating and the most important thing is not how hard they are, but how true to life they are. Simulation of real players, otherwise it’s pointless to play with them at all for players of any skill.

1 Like

When I started the bots where hard for me and true to life. Even at the end and I am poa god/vg bronze in real skill soloq only - they were fun for me. Ofc I could not lose, but they were playing correctly, used pings, smiles, suggested objectives, listened to my pings, kept their possitions, protected turrets, pushed turrets, the captain rotated in the jungle. Dunny why you think they were disaster and why you would need “cheating hard bots”. If you want challenge go in ranked and except if u r t10 gold pro, you will get eventually your challenge. The bots purpose is not to make u feel like a noob, but to teach new players, gives them realistic experience so they can learn and test new heroes… and old players like us to chill, mess around, test new heroes, builds. Yes, they were not that good but yes, they were not bad. Also yes they were around t4-t5 level for sure. Saw more noobish players in t8 compared to the bots. It’s not only about dmg, it’s to play correctly.

3 Likes

I found bots to be ok, as a beginner and rapidly turned into too easy, even at “very hard mode”. Maybe because I have vast experience with finding “patterns” in A.I.

I hardly play with bots. it just makes it so laughable when I do. They never did “play correctly” in my experience, again, probably due to my experience in handling A.I. patterns over many years of gaming.

I encounter many bot - like - players in brawls. Anyway, I only commented on this thread to highlight the problem is not isolated.

I believe Bots should be a challenge, to better prepare players for real PvP, at all levels. Bots don’t surrender and they don’t go afk. In that respect, they’re better than some players.

Semc won’t invest in making bots better, because the vast majority of players are like-minded to the views you take, that they are there to be practiced on, not improve mechanical skill.

Those players that have been around for a long time will understand. Try playing CounterStrike with bots set to 100% (from memory, they have a percentage system on how hard you want them to be). They never miss, they headshot you everytime, they exploit bugs on the map and the reaction time is zero. It’s hell to play against and its also how every player can become a “pro”.

Currently, only pro’s playing against other pro’s will improve. Eventually, muscle memory takes over, reaction time goes down, shop buy time will be super fast, stutterstepping will be perfect, all due to trying to beat the “perfect A.I.”

This doesn’t need to be a debate. As i said earlier, just add 2 - 3 more levels. Extreme, Impossible and God-like. You can choose “normal” mode. Everybody wins.