3.8 changes - Ask me anything

How about wp grace?

30 charssssss

With her natural cooldown reduction, I think she will rise as a captain again.

3 Likes

I agree that Petal has a rather jumbled mess of a kit.

The rework was meant to straighten that up I suppose. I question why they added weapon path related components when they did the rework.

For one, her munions apply a stack one enemy heroes that boost Petalā€™s attack speed when she attacks the target. This has literally no visual indicator at all.ā€™

Next, her B boost her weapon power. Sure, itā€™s ok, but why?

To be honest, her earlier kit before the rework had more promise and potential, despite being rather simple.

For those that have never actually seen how Petal worked in the past, have a look here.

In my opinion, the fault lies with her munions first. They gave all the extra weapon stuff and make the seeds able to do damage because her munions were unreliable sources of damage.

When those munions were strong enough to enable her to have some time in the pro scene, they were broken and hard to kill. Then when that aspect was nerfed, players found spamming her seeds can lead to shenanigans/trap burst, which got them nerfed in terms of tankiness.

Nerfing the aspect that keeps her damage consistent essentially nerfs her crystal path, but left her weapon path relatively ok if not better than her crystal path.

If I had a chance to rework her, first, I would get her ā€˜munion controllerā€™ aspect in order or remove them entirely. Removing the munions a bit harsh considering they form a part of her identity for so long, but given she rarely ever gets played, I say she would benefit a rework that sacrifices aspects of her old design.

But imagine if we rework the munions and not remove them.

The first thing to do is define her role.
I would say she is the ā€˜munion mistressā€™ with the goal of creating munions that can apply ability effects to her enemies and a kiter.

Now, since the change to the munions that took away the function of applying ability effects, weā€™ll have to do it somewhat differently.

A basic outline of her reworked kit could be something like this:

• Heroic Perk: Natureā€™s Adaptability.
    ~ Petal unlocks her ultimate ability at level 1.
    ~ She has two forms: (Defensive) Bud and (Offensive) Bloom.
    ~ In her Bud form, she gains increased health and energy regen and 8% - 30% damage reduction (level 1 - 12).
    ~ In her Bloom form, she gains 13% - 35% attack speed (level 1 - 12) and gains 0.4 - 1.5 move speed (level 1 - 12) when she basic attacks enemy heroes.
    ~ Petalā€™s basic attacks deal mainly crystal damage. She deals 65 - 120 (+65% crystal power from items) to enemies.

• A ability: Seed of Dawn/Seed of Dusk.
    ~ This ability can hold up to 2 charges in each form.
    ~ In Bloom form, Petal drops a Dawn Seed on the ground.
    ~ This seed radiates a radiant aura around it, searing enemies with bright light and dealing crystal damage to them. Enemies can only take damage from no more than 2 Dawn seeds at any given time.
    ~ Deals significantly reduced damage to lane minions.
    ~ This applied item effects as well.
    ~ In Bud form, Petal drops a Dusk Seed on the ground.
    ~ This seed radiates a soothing aura around it, healing nearby allies and increasing their energy regeneration.
    ~ Dawn/Dusk Seeds will only disappear after taking damage 5 times (+1 additional hit required for every level this ability has pass level 1). Munions, turret shots, and damage from heroes are considered as the only ones to damage these seeds.
    ~ Petal can only have up to 5 seeds on the field at any given time regardless of their type.
    ~ The seeds do not regenerate their health.

• B ability: Munions of the Day/ Munions of the Night.
    ~ Petal magically summons a Munion(s) to her aid.
    ~ In Bloom form, Petal summons a Radiant Munion to her side.
    ~ Any nearby Dawn Seeds gets converted to Radiant Munions.
    ~ Radiant Munion act like mobile Dawn Seeds but deal less damage than them.
    ~ They will continuously stay close to a target that Petal basic attacks and switch to a nearby valid target if she doesnā€™t basic attack another target.
    ~ They do not stop to attack, they just radiate.
    ~ In Bud form, Petal summons a Night Munion to her side.
    ~ Any nearby Dusk Seeds gets converted to Night Munions.
    ~ Night Munions stay close to Petal and walk in circles around her, blocking shots against her and acting as mobile but slightly weaker Dusk Seeds for her any nearby ally of hers.
    ~ Petal can have up to a maximum of 3 Munions at any given time.
    ~ Similar to the seeds, her Munions will only disappear after taking 3 (+1 additional hit required for every level this ability has pass level 1.
    ~ The Munions do not regenerate their health.

• Ultimate ability: Hide and Seek.
    ~ Petal transforms from one form to the other.
    ~ Starting form is her Bloom form.
    ~ When Petal transforms into her Bud form, her next basic attack heals her for a percentage of the damage dealt.
    ~ When Petal transforms into her Bloom form, her next basic attack pierces through a percentage of her targetā€™s shield and applies all item effects she has.
    ~ Any active munions will transform to their alternative form, corresponding to what form Petal transforms into.

Itā€™s kind of like Malene but with micromanagement, less dodge and cc capabilities. A mix between a bit of the old and current kit that Petal has to a certain extent.

You could argue at this point, itā€™s no longer really Petal, but a hero with pets and seeds.

I donā€™t really know what ideal form Petal should be reworked into.

This one came out on a whim because I got frustrated trying to suggest her ways to not overload her kit.

So I made the kit loaded, but tied to a form and one has to decide between the two, heh.

3 Likes

Overloaded kits doesnt faze me anymore thanks to malene/lorelai on release.

I really do like the idea but I think (im on coffee rn so bare with me) that that the forms should be a one/two time thing. You choose a form at level one, and you stick with it until you hit level 6 for the choice to swap and stay as it for the rest of the game.

Hell, even copy kayns form unlock mechanic and make it where you have to hit a range or melee hero enough times to unlock forms.

But that right there what you wrote imo is way more stacked than malene and would probably give me a aneurysm playing against itā€¦ :joy:

Honestly having a support/carry is pretty much unique enough in the current pool of heros

But overall, your rework is by far the best from mine and what ive seen. :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Thanks! Yeah, I think I can come up with a more definitive form selection style hero.

Though for Petal, that might be slightly more difficult.

I have something like Kayn from League, but thatā€™s more of a werewolf hero - choosing to either succumb to the wolf to gain strength, or revert back to humanity and gain the wonders of knowledge and instinct honed while fighting off the beast inside.

Other heroes I have in mind are a bard and a hero like Moira, lol.

2 Likes

Andā€¦ Vox is dead. Awesome. I hate it. Idk what wp carries can be played. Without BP and crits still beingā€¦ mehā€¦

2 Likes

I love it.

<3 hearts hearts

30 chars

I wouldnā€™t say dead, he still can play decent without stacking BP via kiting. He will just kite for dmg dancing around the fight. His kit is not bad, but I agree he will be vastly weaker as all the WP heroes that was heavily BP abusers (this patch WP will be weaker in general, I am kinda surprised even SEMC themself knows really well that WP heroes are weaker and didnā€™t do anything to bump them up before patch is released).

Isnā€™t petal a daytime(forgot what its called) or meekos while flicker (bleekos) are mostly nocturnalsā€¦lore-wise?

1 Like

Tension bow gwen??
:rbgwen:

Correct.

Petal is Meekos, while Flicker is the rival faction Bleekos.

The design I had in mine is based on plants that bloom when the sun rises and buds or closes when the sun sets, if you get the flowery theme Petal has as a basis.

Thats kinda funā€¦ I imagine flicker trespassing to meekos territory only to be caught by petals night based munions :flicker:

1 Like

In LittleOldLadyā€™s stream talking with some players of the beta theys said he was dead :confused:
A hero designed to stack when the only stacking item is useless.

I donā€™t like Gwen, she is boring. Literally, I think itā€™s the only WP carry I canā€™t play due to how much she bores me.

And I love the fact that I still have idris to make Lyraā€™s life hell.
<3

2 Likes

Yes jump onto me while I teleport you to my team.
<3

1 Like

I have my ult, and if you do that you will die most times.

Doesnā€™t matter as long as you are at my team base after I dieā€¦ but usually mostly of the timeā€¦ I keep my distance from idris AA him and A+B. Lyra can take him down with proper position and distance.

1 Like

this is really nice and completely differet from my route (i focused on her kiting/mage side which is still under development). i would really enjoy playting this and am probably not saying anything against it because it is petal and how could there ever be anything negative said about her

Can you show the calculations for how much cp Grumpjaw will need for his abilities to be able to deal the same damage?

His ratios are higher, but the base damage is lower.
How do you get the calculations for that?

Why do I have the feeling that Rainbow Glaive is going to be the exclusive BattlePass skin for this patchā€¦

2 Likes

the battlepass changes each season not each update so it will still be krul