3.8 changes - Ask me anything

Actually I meant to write Anka, but got fuddled - although Inara is impactful just not over the top - I think.

Anka impactful? Not surprised either. Doesnā€™t matter, if itā€™s as good in 5v5 that means she is still broken in 3v3. I donā€™t think I want to suffer her anymore, soā€¦ I will come back in 3.9. Not worth my time.

Soā€¦ farewell WP junglers / carriesā€¦ not surpised to see a non balanced update in terms of CP and WP, the balancing team is Zekent and Sonata, who clearly doesnā€™t have any idea about their own game.

Remember Sonata was the one balancing talents, what could you expect?

2 Likes

And Zekent CP Vox when first released

Now: hey, cc is broken right now, you know what can we do? Nerf itā€™s only counter to hell! This balancing is a joke.
Guide for 3v3, how to win: spam Catherine, with the crucible nerf now they canā€™t block the silence, and no team can fight silenced for 2.5s, pair it with any other cc hero and there you go to gold!
At this point I donā€™t even know if i should laught or cry.

Lyra isnā€™t impactful?

And your thoughts on malene despite lesser ranger and slow?

1 Like

Can I upvote this?

UwU but forreal about lyra and melon

With Anka being as strong Lyra may struggle (and what carry doesnā€™t?) .

Ankas A is blocked by Lyras B when I used to play mid

1 Like

You know that lyra can easily counter anka lolā€¦ her moves are predictableā€¦ as she will appear behind you and you drop your A on your spot depleting her health. ZONE her with your Bā€¦ she tries to flee?. Teleportā€¦ and lyra AA kills her easily.

1 Like

Its not goodbye - they took on board a lot of feedback and interated pretty rapidly and at the end of it, yes WP heroes are a bit weaker than they were but the feeling was they needed live data to continue adjusting.

They have a pretty good idea about the game, but you canā€™t make this scale of changes and expect perfect balance as a result.

2 Likes

Its really not at all as bad as that - you deal with the silence via positioning etc.

I really like that they are leaning into items having defined purposes.

2 Likes

Lyra I didnā€™t see played CP in my matches so I didnā€™t want to comment - in my opinion she will be strong since all the AA based CP heroes get a bit of a boost from these changes I think.

Malene seemed fine to me - that said I havenā€™t seen her recently and there were changes all the time so its possible she is worse than I think she is - but she benefited from a fair few of these changes.

Since its a ā€œask me anythingā€ threadā€¦

What does your name mean?
@idmonfish

Ever since I joined, I wondered what it meant.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how he pronounces it, but Iā€™ve always read it as :eye: :japanese_ogre: :fish:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

I thought it was one way to say AdminFish but yours is more funnier

1 Like

I get asked that a lot so here is my cut and pasteā€¦

My name is David. So when I was a kid I hated being called Dave - mostly because it led to Davey and my sister singing songs about the old frontier, so when I hit my rebellious goth years I would introduce myself to people as ā€œDavid, id for shortā€ and my friends tended to mostly call me id as there were two other Davids in my class/social group. My wifes name is Simone and she was always Mon for short - when she first started doing art (she paints, sculpts, sews, crafts and is generally amazing) she signed her work Mon fish. So when we left New Zealand we decided we needed an email account to keep in touch with folks and why not share one - so we combined our nicknames into idmonfish@gmail.com - then after that we decided we needed more than one email account (luxury I knowā€¦) and she made herself a new one - and since I had used idmonfish everywhere for everything I just kept using it.

Correct pronunciation is ā€œid mon fishā€ and definitely not ā€œid mom fishā€ as my guildmates sometimes try onā€¦

7 Likes

This was how Zekent pronounced it the one time I was randomly drawn to win ICE on a dev stream.

1 Like