3.8 changes - Ask me anything

Will breaking point work on tension bow’s weapon ratio ?

Yes, as with any weapon ratio.

2 Likes

I’m still really doubtful with how the meta will be. Because of the energy cost nerfs and lowered energy regen from items, as well as the lower cooldown cap, it seems to me Mages won’t really be viable. Is this the case, or am I overestimating the impact of these nerfs?

Oh yes now that you mentioned it, why do heroes naturally get higher armor than shield? Is Catherine still an exception as in having higher shield than armor or is she like others now?

As a roam main, I felt like a lot of negativity came out of this update. I just saw nerf after nerf that made the position few want to play needlessly harder. Do you know if this was intentional or just side effects of addressing different issues ? For one staggering example, what in the world is with the new Crucible CD ??? With higher CD nerfs to a decent amount of heroes, was this noticeable ?

It was asked in the reddit thread but ill give you a half assed answer cuz I dont wanna find it ~_~
Its easier to land a Auto Attack than a cp ability early game which leads to more armor.

Which leads me to this answer, Varya was already strong before the tank meta and so was Lyra. I feel like AA mages will be more played since Varya wasnt touched and Lyra still has her EC and CD the same.

Varya has energy regaining qualities in kit and since SEMC decided to focus Lyras power back into her AA, late game her Heavy Missiles barely effect her energy pool.

3 Likes

I’ve been gone since last season. It looks like the goal is to destroy the tank meta, remove some innate burst on a few heroes, and bring back energy cost as balance for the high damage potential of CP. I think the defensive item changes will create decision making.

If they drop damage and drop defense, will there be actual change?
Does the ambient of 30% gold if a lane minion dies to npc keep heros in lane?
Will mid finally be the hard carry lane with the extra minion?
What have they done to improve top lane experience?
Joule’s change to 35% damage reduction is a buff or nerf? Does it stack with MJ new passive?

I think its a buff since it’s like grumpjaws passive-but infinitely there unless you go behind her.

Imagine her early game with 35% damage reduction…

Joule is the new tanky grumpjaw of the patch.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer but isn’t it easier to have same shield but increase damage of skillshots so we can prevent exactly what you mentioned (AA mages) from happening lol?

Okay one more. Does ADC still go for jungle ambient? If no are ADCs always going red jungle lane again or do they go according to Ghostwing for example or something similar?

Honestly Im not gonna lie, your response confused me ._.

If you want to see zekents response, Ill link it cuz Im confused

No, I got your answer. Just wondering why they don’t just normalize shield stats and increase damage of skillshots they think are hard to land. Instead of having low shield and AA based mages having the upper hand.

1 Like

Honestly with these huge changes the meta could potentially change for the better. Even tho all these nerfs were big it applies to everyone, so it probably reduces early game snowballs too

It’s like the saying: “If everyone’s OP, no one is.” but backwards.

3 Likes

Lol yeah pretty much. I think SEMC is doing this to instead of nerfing heroes that are already too strong, they can have a cleaner slate and instead focus on polishing a hero’s strengths while their stats are lowered

I think it’a pretty safe to say that this patch is an foundation for new meta and a lot of tweaking will go into 3.9
With so massive changes there will be needed changes for sure, can’t nail all. Good they try to fix the boring gameplay.

1 Like

I think this is exactly accurate. A game that isn’t fun has no future, and currently, VG isn’t really fun to play.

4 Likes

I had so much fun @ 2.8 and prior… seriously, so much fun and a lot better out of game experience (enjoyed the ui more + que times were 30 seconds even @ 4am work day). Sadly the follow up changes made the game less fun and 5vs5 was… well, a fail to describe it toned down. They misshot the expectation by far. Now I hope they realised that in the current state the game is just not fun to play. Competitive, serious moba? Maybe, but not a fun one and before it was all of those same time. If they don’t fix the gameplay, even the competitive players will switch to other mobas/games that also got that, but also fast fun gameplay that is suited for mobile… not to wait 20m watching que/dodging on your mobile device screen.

We will see, when the update drops how it shapes to be. For me it’s ok to be a not polished patch with problems if it shapes a better fun fast gameplay future. They will be fixed in 3.9 and hopefully we will once again have a fun more serious competitive mobile moba for 4.0. One can atleast have a wishful thinking, but… SEMC. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This. I think a lot of the bitterness that many veterans feel is based on the fact that the game used to be so damn much fun to play … but then came 2.12 :bacon_tears:

4 Likes

Honestly you made me feel old, but everything you said is true…